Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    It depends on how they finally go about it. I am wondering if you have to pick specific talents to get the mysteries or if the per tree ones just happen by spending so many talent points in that tree.
    But the problem is that you've been making unequivocal statements this entire time as if you did have that information. If you'd said, "depending on how this mastery stuff works, it might be really beneficial to just use leather gear... we'll see how it plays out" I don't think anyone would have said anything. But like half the people in this this thread you're making definitive statements with less than a quarter of the information you need to be definitive about anything.

It depends on how they finally go about it. I am wondering if you have to pick specific talents to get the mysteries or if the per tree ones just happen by spending so many talent points in that tree.
    Am fairly certain they've already stated it's linked to the number of points spent in a tree, which would kinda make sense considering they're trying to get away from the current situation of there being certain talents that have to be picked up because of the passive stat increase they provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas
    Am fairly certain they've already stated it's linked to the number of points spent in a tree, which would kinda make sense considering they're trying to get away from the current situation of there being certain talents that have to be picked up because of the passive stat increase they provide.
    Then I can see it working out fine then. Like they said in the post tho, there might be other reasons to keep you using a piece of gear that is not your proficiency. I would assume it would be equip effects.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

-Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

You know what guys I guess bunch of you are rerolling the new Races, And I'm one of them so i'm just gana enjoy my easy new and old Quests, Gear that makes sense in lower lvls and A kick ass starting place, with the phase system, stop thinking so negative we only know about 5 % of the changes which might not even happen, it's a working progress so don't scream your heads off just yet .PEACE

From the information given so far, masteries work like this:

Each tree has three mastery bonuses. The third of which is unique to each talent tree (30 total). These mastery bonuses are increased by investing more points in the tree.

The third stat is the ONLY ONE AFFECTED by the mastery stat on gear.

The mastery stat ONLY AFFECTS the mastery of the tree in which you have the most talent points.

As for having the appropriate gear, I imagine it won't be a HUGE loss if you take leather over mail, e.g., but it will be one significant enough to make you really consider the upgrade.

If going from Mail Chest A to Leather Chest B, one has to weigh the benefit of increased stats vs. the added benefit of sticking to your correct armor class.

So, imagine the circumstance of an enhancement shaman:

He has Mail Chest A: It provides 30 agi, 30 sta, 50 AP, 30 crit
    He is looking at Leather Chest B: It provides 31 agi, 30 sta, 55 ap, 32 crit.

It's a direct upgrade in basically every way. However, if the mastery bonus of wearing mail were, perhaps, 1% overall increased damage, there's no way he would take a few AP and crit over a straight up 1% increase.

But if Leather Chest C provided: 50 agi, 50 sta, 100 AP, 50 crit, then leather would likely win out.

/longwindedpost

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe
    Oh, and for those missing the obvious: That was sarcasm. You QQ ers literally have no clue what you are talking about.
    The problem is that removing stats has not, by any stretch of the imagination, always made the game better in the past (just ask bear druids, if you can find one, good luck with that, and I'd go back to +heal gear in a heartbeat if it meant having gear that was actually decently itemized for healers and not DPS hand-me-downs), and frankly no one knows what they're talking about since there is virtually no real information to work from.

In short, YOU literally have no clue.

At this point no one does. It's just that the so-called QQers (an idiot's shorthand for "you don't agree with me, so I'll call you names") mostly know it and the "Everything will be great!" side is apparently clueless about just how little is really known.

im gonna be optimistic as im satisfied wow is gonna be closer to how it was in vanilla, you still get the "stats" one way or another, but not all on gear, and gear gonna be more specific to dps/healer/tank, and to add... you are encouraged to use the type of gear that was designed for you. there are some additions that are not 100% clear yet, we just have to wait and judge them when we have more concrete info about them

but overall "if done right", we wont have much problems with stats high rocketing every tier with scaling vs higher tier mobs... just hope they "do it right"...

I am just saying if leather drops and its healing on my shaman and its an upgrade I am taking it weather i get a bonus or not, its still an upgrade, see what I am saying?
    omg...

Quote Originally Posted by Thecorrupted
    but what about spells like fell armor that increases your SP with spirit and molten armor that increases crit rating with spririt... will that be changed into int aswell?:S
    not to mention glyph of life tap. guess itll probly be int also.

i dont get why they are getting rid of spell ranks. i wanna keep my rank 1 frostbolt !!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizumi
    A few months after the first vanilla release I remember reading a blue post on the forums which stated that they were never going to try to balance the classes for PvP, because the core of the game was PvE and PvP was just an optional extra tacked on afterwards.
    I wish they would have kept to that statement. :-\
    Then you read wrong. What they stated would have been they would never balance all classes when it comes to duels. Because 1v1 isn't "real" pvp.

thx for info