Whats going to happen to pvp gear in cata?

If they are going remove expertise/ap etc. from normal gear then what is going to be the difference between normal gear and pvp gear? Yes pvp gear will have res, but other then that and the missing stats that they are removing completely what will the other differences be? The base stats (agil/stam/str) are pretty close now anyways, what other changes will be made to pvp gear/normal gear? Or will we be able to use pvp gear for pve?

Re: Whats going to happen to pvp gear in cata?

+hit is still a geared stat in Cataclysm, so PvP gear will still be wasting itemization points on resilience for DPS. As for tanking? Maybe for the introductory heroics, but after that, again, the wasted pointsin crit and resilience rather than dodge/block/parry will be a hindrance. Healers might be able to squeak by for a little while but eventually it's going to start negatively affecting their numbers and they're going to want heroic blues/epics or at least Icecrown gear.

edit: Also, for PvE gear in PvP, they want to totally eliminate the usefulness of PvE gear in PvP. Their stated goal is "If someone in PvE gear can blow up someone in PvP gear, there's an issue, but if someone in PvP gear can blow up someone in PvE gear in a couple GCDs it's closer to how we want PvE gear to perform in PvP." or something to that effect. There was a blue post on MMO-Champ's front page about it a week or so back.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

10+ Year Old Account

Heaven forbid. The arena junkies would have a screeching coronary.

I'd be OK with that, but I hate arenas and would rather do my PVP in the BG's or Wintergrasp.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Expertise isn't being touched much if at all. AP is just being purely derived from the relevant stat (Str or Agi).

PvP gear will stay the same. The only real difference now is more ipoints spent on Stam and the Resil stat... that won't change as far as I know.

Pvp gear will probably have simply more Stam and better Resil (i.e. not necessarily a higher number but it'll be far more effective)

Blizz will make sure that you want pvp gear to pvp and pve gear to pve, that's their design intent.
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

i guess i was thinking at it from a bear tank perspective. when it comes to tanking and i could be out of the loop but agil/stam are your bread and butter stats. Hit/expertise is important and will only affect rage generation, but even then nothing else affects your survivability as much as those 2 stats do. Could pvp gear for bear tanks make a come back if pvp stam still gets cranked up and agility as well since the ap will be reflected there? I can still see haste being on pvp gear which will be benficial to bears. Even now i'm considering using the pvp legs i got off of a boss in VoA over my triumph stuff since there is about 80 more stam and 40 more agility to them.

From what I’ve read there’s going to be a huge buff to stamina, along with a nerf to healing. They don’t want players at either 100% or 0 health; they want fights to last longer without getting killed or healed to full health in a second or two.

As far as using pvp gear for pve or the other way around, I’m guessing you could (like you can now), but it wont be the best.

More stamina for sure and resil ofcourse.