Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: how did good pvpers become so good?

Don't be afraid of playing non-fotm classes / specs / comps.

Practice, practice, practice. The more you PvP, unless you have downs, the better you become. You just react faster, know what to do in certain situations, know what to watch for, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by qei
    Getting sick of Swifty fanboys, hes not even compareable to the better players in the world. Hell, he's not even a Gladiator.
    Swifty is trash compared to Alloraan, Hoodrch, Veev, and others...

you also need a pc that can preform(was said in that image but i ono if people will look at it)
    if you're lagging behind any of your comps it will make it fairly easy to either:
    take you out
    or
    kite/cc you
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Deleted

They know the Class the play.
    They know the Class the Enemy is playing.
    They use a lot of time reading ALL Classes Patchnotes, and best of all: They UNDERSTAND them!
    They know how much time is left after Class(A) has used Skill(B), so they can make (C).

A few AddOns, can help, but more so a decent Talentbuild. Good Reactions, full Concentration on the Game...
    Yeah, that should be it.

Ah, just kiddin´! They are Lowpingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion
    s6 duelist dk claiming he's good, sigh

on topic, practice, watch movies, decent addons/macros, knowledge of all classes and communication
    At least he's not S5.

OT: practice, pick up gladius, knowing how to beat every class in a duel, practice, knowing your comps strat be it beastcleave or RMP, knowing their strat the best you can, practice

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

Been playing since vanilla wow and from s1 to s8 arena, got my vengeful wep and shoulder at s3 and been around 2k since then. Im doing only PvP and i try to play some bg's when i have time. If you are looking an easy way to get high ratings in arena just FOTM... everyone seems to be so ''skilled'' nowdays, even ppl who have never played pvp in their entire life. The practice and effort that a 2k rated team requires, is now reduced to minimum compared to other seasons.

PS: you can always roll a warrior

Deleted

You also want to play the game on hard, don't go FOTM go with something that takes a huge amount of effort. It's just like climbing. You could take a helicopter up and you would reach the top for sure. If you walk, it might be too hard and you might run out of energy, but you're going to build a lot of muscle for the next attempt. When you finally reach the top, the ones that took the helicopter aren't going to be able to touch you.

Practise and experience, knowing the opposite class inside out.

You also have it, or you don't.
    You need to know what is going to happen, you basicly need to turn yourself around and think in the mind of the enemy, what is the best thing for him to do at that moment? Either that being a priest trying to get a double fear of, or a DK trying to grip you off dalaran to save his healer, ora warlock jumping down in BeM just to teleport back up when you follow him.

This you need to feel, and to be able to do that you need to have experience, make sure you know the ability's of other classes and even better: make sure you know the weakness of the class against you.

Reflexes are obviously needed aswell, make sure you have your stuff keybound and close to you so you can quickly use it when time comes.
    Make sure you calculate in everything that the enemy can do, be prepared for a quick switch to you, make sure you don't let them reset the fight etc. etc.

It's the full package that makes good pvpers become so good.
    Doesn't hurt to watch a stream every once in a while when you are learning, just to see what tricks others might use.

Ow and please don't ask PvP questions on these forums since they turn into a "your class takes no skill" rant by low rated heros :P

Goodluck getting higher

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly what Bron said. God I wish I could make that a signature. Too big though.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Yeah, kidney trinket means pressure on the warrior... oh wait, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by zødd
    Thanks for telling me you don't know how to read.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    WATCH IT

10+ Year Old Account

Read and practice.

I'm not glad material myself, but I've improved my keybinding, which have helped me a lot.

Also might tage a look here (and on the other addon guides - addons are your friends): :-)
    http://www.pvptutorial.com/uitutorial/keybinding

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!