Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 Disc priests in 25 ICC.

Im currently in a guild that is running 2 disc priests. Im concerned about this since they also usually run with 2 Hpallies. I personally think that having 1 disc and 1 Holy priest would be more beneficial to the raid instead of having 2 disc priests. Im looking for some good reasons to have them switch. They have been playing disc for a while, but it just doesnt make much sense in having 2 discs in a raid. Any help regarding this would be helpful. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 2 Disc priests in 25 ICC.

so they have 2 disc priests and 0 holy pallies now?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Blades2004
    Im currently in a guild that is running 2 disc priests. Im concerned about this since they also usually run with 2 Hpallies. I personally think that having 1 disc and 1 Holy priest would be more beneficial to the raid instead of having 2 disc priests. Im looking for some good reasons to have them switch. They have been playing disc for a while, but it just doesnt make much sense in having 2 discs in a raid. Any help regarding this would be helpful. Thanks.
    There's no reason to have 2 disc priests in a raid, especially if you're running with 2 holy pallies. If you had only 1 holy pally, the argument might be made for a 2nd disc priest gearing towards a haste/GH-oriented build and assigned to tank healing, but even that would be sketchy.

2 disc + 2 healadins doesn't leave enough slots for strong aoe healers as are very much needed in many of the ICC fights.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

When you do replace one / make them go Holy, do not use recount/WMO meters and such to choose. Those are not accurate for assessing the performance of a Disc Priest, especially when there's more than one Disc and the meters can really be "screwed".

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    so they have 2 disc priests and 0 holy pallies now?
    No, theyre current heal set up is 2 Discs, 2Hpallies, 1 Resto Druid(me), 1 Rsham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    When you do replace one / make them go Holy, do not use recount/WMO meters and such to choose. Those are not accurate for assessing the performance of a Disc Priest, especially when there's more than one Disc and the meters can really be "screwed".
    Rgr, yea i know meteres fuck over disc priests =/.

If there are 2 discs, how does Divine Aegis and Grace work? Does it stack or just refresh the buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades2004
    If there are 2 discs, how does Divine Aegis and Grace work? Does it stack or just refresh the buff?
    There will be 2 separate stacks of grace, one per priest, and divine aegis will stack from both of them on critical heals. However, they'll be severely hampered due to weakened soul.

i think them having to deal with weakend soul would be the main problem and not having CoH spammer is a big raid heal loss also you don't have gaurdian spirit to save the day so 1 of them going holy would be the best option imo

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    There will be 2 separate stacks of grace, one per priest, and divine aegis will stack from both of them on critical heals. However, they'll be severely hampered due to weakened soul.
    Kk ty for the info i wasnt sure how that worked exactly. Any other info would be nice as well.

2 Discipline priests is always a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    Worth noting that grace offers no benefit to anyone except the priest who put it there, whose heals are empowered by a 3/6/9% increase on the graced target. Also, the DA stack is shared, but still limited to the 10k collective cap.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Having two Discipline Priests is worth it on Lich King. For every other fight in ICC there is not enough focus on raid shielding. One of the Priests should be Holy for the vast majority. On Lich King they need to discuss what groups each will cover. For a couple fights it's possible both should be Holy (Blood Queen, Saurfang).

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Having two Discipline Priests is worth it on Lich King. For every other fight in ICC there is not enough focus on raid shielding. One of the Priests should be Holy for the vast majority. On Lich King they need to discuss what groups each will cover. For a couple fights it's possible both should be Holy (Blood Queen, Saurfang).
    One disc priest should be able to PWS 4 groups and PoH the 5th.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    One disc priest should be able to PWS 4 groups and PoH the 5th.
    Yes, in 20 seconds.

Fast raid healing/damage prevention is fast.

Well having 2 resto shamies in raids is even more retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    We were actually forced to do this for our first LK 25 kill. Our other holy paladin had to leave early, and we brought in a second disc. It worked much better than I had anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    Well having 2 resto shamies in raids is even more retarded.
    Why?

anymore info on why 2 discs are bad, or atleast not optimal for 25icc?

Weakened Soul

nuff said
    end thread

Without the ability to use shields when needed it really gimps a disc priets healing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Weakened Soul

nuff said
    end thread

Without the ability to use shields when needed it really gimps a disc priets healing abilities.
    Acquired Taste: US 31.

Cleared every hardmode in ulduar and toc with 3 disc priests. (This includes yogg 0). We were the first guild in the world to kill Algalon using 3 disc priests and NO resto druid (holy nova and serendipity PoH spam ftw). We've run 3 disc priests on many icc runs too.

I recently have switched to holy almost fulltime, but there really is never a problem with weakened soul. 2 priests shielding 2 groups each and splitting the third is much more efficient than one priest spending all his time shielding because quite frankly there just isn't enough time between boss cooldowns requiring pre-shielding for a single priest to do it 100% effectively.

I'm an avid lover of the holy spec. I enjoy it much more than disc, and while I've argued with the guild before that having 2 holy 1 disc is the way to go, we've never done much of anything by the book and still succeeded. Maybe we just have really incredible priests, i dont know, but i do know that weakened soul with 2 disc priests is not a serious issue.