Need more to tank ICC 10 ?

Hi,

I just joined this guild where a friend of mine is in. He said they could use tanks and lucky me, I am a tank !
    But I've been wondering.. I'm totally not sure if I'm ready to tank ICC 10 man. I haven't had a lot of raid experience as a tank. I have only healed them before.
    So I'm wondering if I could get some advice on my gear and stuff.

This is my armory link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...spine&cn=Omnie

I have 32,291 HP unbuffed. I know this isn't much but please help me if you can. At the moment I'm going for the 75 Triumph head piece.

Deleted

Re: Need more to tank ICC 10 ?

Try it, if it is crap apologize and say you need to get geared up.

Respecc Blood and regem all your gems to 30 stam
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchimonde
    Yo dawg I heard you like beastcleave, so we put beast that cleave on your shoulders so you can beast cleave while you are in a beast cleave.

get two slow dps-weapons. (speed 2.60) they will generate more threat than your current ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    get two slow dps-weapons. (speed 2.60) they will generate more threat than your current ones.
    This. You are super over the defense cap and those weapons probably make you hit for 60-70% of what you should. You'll lose a little avoidance but at least the mobs will actually attack you and make the avoidance you have useful.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

Quote Originally Posted by Sorja
    Respecc Blood and regem all your gems to 30 stam
    If I go blood, I'll be needing a 2 - hander right? I've got that axe from PoS, is that a good start for it?

Quote Originally Posted by cTron417
    This. You are super over the defense cap and those weapons probably make you hit for 50% of what you should. You'll lose a little avoidance but at least the mobs will actually attack you and make the avoidance you have useful.
    Which one do you think I should get then? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Razzil
    If I go blood, I'll be needing a 2 - hander right? I've got that axe from PoS, is that a good start for it?

Which one do you think I should get then? :-)
    For a 2-H I would recomend one of the two from Ony for the expertise.

For One handers try one of these http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49827;50303;50191
    I have Ghoulslicer listed there for the expertise, which if you DW that it will add about 6.6 to your expertise and may be the easiest for you to get of hold of quickly because it's from a non heroic.

And yes I'm a huge fan of expertise for DK's.

my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...her&cn=grunram

ok, im talking from experiance, im a dk tank myself, you will definately need better gear, even for the 1st wing, change your weps, you dont want fast weps, either get the slow tanking axes from hor or get a 2h tank wep, quel'delar is good, bryntoll is ideal, my current weapon (ramaladni's blade of culling (for the sockets + stam)) is the best ilvl 251 dk tank wep (as of that i know).
    For ICC 10 youre going to want over 38k hp with frost presence (not as blood cos u get +3% stam and thats cheating )
    If you have them, use the brewfest trinks (176 stam each) or use black heart from toc 5 + corroded skeleton key.
    before you want to tank icc i'd advise as a minimum get rid of all your items under ilvl 226 (232 pref) excluding brewfest charms as they are amazing for the ilvl.
    To really maximise your character, get all epic gems, get jewelcrafting 350 for the jc gems, get mining 450 for the 60 stam buff, run through your char by grinding heroics for emblems and replacing all your low lvl gear with 245+.
    first frost item you want to get in your case is definately corroded skeleton key and replace the ick's rotting thumb with it, in raids stam is over avoidance, not saying you dont want it but for instance marrowgar and saurfang hit very hard so you want a lot of hp just in case you do get low hp.
    P.S stop going for your socket bonuses, just stack +30 stam in your sockets (dont forget for a different colour to fufill your meta) and once you get to 40k hp + then you can start stacking stam+parry or stam+dodge.
    As for enchants, since your low on hp dont ench def on your chest, get +275 hp, for your shoulders maybe even consider getting reinforced borean armor kit (+18 stam)
    you need to enchant your cloak, pref either defense or agility.
    I think that's it might have missed something out.

Since your health is pretty low, I would suggest going blood spec. Few things I would change if I were you :
    Enchants - 275 health to chest, 30 stamina / 15 resilience to shoulders and 225 armor to cloak (when you get a tanking cloak)
    Gems - expertise / stam gem in your pants over the 20 strength gem and a 30 stamina gem on your boots.
    Consumables - 1300 health flask and expertise / stamina food

Those things will help you out and will make your healers have less of a stressful time keeping you up. Hope that helps, good luck.