Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What will happen to Prayer of Spirit with Catas new Stat changes?

This is what they say about spirit

Spirit - Come Cataclysm, this stat should only be found on healing gear. Non-healing casters will have other systems in place to regenerate mana, and we are designing special solutions for Elemental shaman and Balance druids who often share gear with healers (more on this below). Raid buffs that currently boost Spirit (such as Blessing of Kings) will only boost the primary stats of Stamina, Strength, Agility, and Intellect. We are also likely changing the five-second rule and other quirks of the current regen system.
    And in the Balance druid/Elemental shaman part they say

Raid buffs will no longer boost Spirit, so you shouldn’t find yourself unexpectedly over the Hit cap because of buffs.
    So Prayer of Spirit will be taken away in Cata or what?

If a Blizzard employee could answer this i would be glad
    More breaking news after this...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What will happen to Prayer of Spirit with Catas new Stat changes?

Prayer of Spirit- Increases the mana regenerated by Spirit by 10%

That would be my guess at a solution. It doesn't increase the other benefits like hit for some classes and maintains the core of the ability.

Also MMO Champion is not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with Blizzard. None of the Blizzard employees respond to messages or questions posted here. If you want a Blizzard response you should head over to worldofwarcraft.com, the actual website for the game.

Pretty sure Blizzard employees don't officially post here.

Anyway, my guess is that it will either be removed or turned into a straight mana regen buff, using the same buff slot as BoW/Mana Spring.

Lots of little details like this will become clear over the next few months though.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMorte
    This is what they say about spirit

And in the Balance druid/Elemental shaman part they say

So Prayer of Spirit will be taken away in Cata or what?

If a Blizzard employee could answer this i would be glad
    First off, if you're looking for a Blizzard employee you're in the wrong place. The official sites are over here: ->.

Secondly, I'll guess it'll just be another buff that only healers benefit from, akin' to BoW (yes, I know some classes can run into mana problems in some fights).

Im guessing blessing of wisdom and prayer of spirit will be the same.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Prayer of Spirit- Increases the mana regenerated by Spirit by 10%

That would be my guess at a solution. It doesn't increase the other benefits like hit for some classes and maintains the core of the ability.
    Wouldn't that make it a tad too powerful though, since today it's just a minor increase in mp5 and in no way a MUST HAVE buff
    More breaking news after this...

priests get bloodlust

PW:haste

Nobody knows but Blizzard. No point in speculating, you'll just be wrong anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by allthishurts
    It will become;

Prayer of Nothing

This will compliment the little under used, often forgotten spell;

Power Word: Nothing
    Holy crap i completely forgot about that spell sitting in my book! Good old PW:N how I miss using you.

I would actually expect it to be removed. Almost all buffs will have to be reworked in cataclysm anyway. I think blizzard will think through who brings what buffs a bit more closely, spread out the fun so to speak.

If they do keep it - priests are a buff class after all - I would expect it to be a buff like today, increasing "new spirit" by a constant value close to 5% of whatever is an average T11 value. However, I would expect BoW and Manatide totem to likely give the exact same benefit.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

My guesses:

1) Little or no change - spirit buff to boost mana regen for all healers in raid. Maybe it's effect will be boosted to make it more relevant and make it a must-have buff. Would I like more mana regen? Yes thank you.

2) Scrapped completely and replaced with some other, as-yet unknown buff

I really don't think:

3) Scrapped with no replacement. Don't have a specific reason other than a gut feeling. Don't fret. They'll do something with this buff.

If they want to make it useful to casters too, they might make it increase spell hit too.

I bet they make it be a buff that will benefit spirit for those that use it and then throw something else in for everyone that is not going to use spirit.

I forsee it being relatively untouched. spirit is spirit, for healers its nice.....its sorta like AI....DKs/Warriors/Bear-Cats dont really get anything from it...but mages still buff it.....probably the same thing spirit will bring..."Ok so two people in a 10 man, PRAYER OF SPIRIT!!!!".....

Quote Originally Posted by Denomicon
    I forsee it being relatively untouched. spirit is spirit, for healers its nice.....its sorta like AI....DKs/Warriors/Bear-Cats dont really get anything from it...but mages still buff it.....probably the same thing spirit will bring..."Ok so two people in a 10 man, PRAYER OF SPIRIT!!!!".....
    That contradicts with

Raid buffs will no longer boost Spirit, so you shouldn’t find yourself unexpectedly over the Hit cap because of buffs.
    So I doubt it.

Digits:

Good point!

I can foresee this buff turning into some sort of mana enhancer (+5% regen from spirit) or something. But I guess blizzard want healers to be self-reliant on regen in Cataclysm.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

It'll be merged with some other regen buffs

Blessing of Wisdom and Mana Spring will no longer be giving mp5, because mp5 is no longer a stat. So if they're still in this game, and Spirit is the new "regen" it isn't very hard to see them sharing the buff slot. Maybe they'll all just be "Increases your regen by X", who knows?

But taking off Kings, Fel Intellect, and Gift of the Wild from sources of Spirit (see: raid buffs) makes sense. This is my own take on it, though, so I could be completely wrong.

Edit: @fabian, They already said DPS casters will not be needing Spirit, with the exception of Balance/Elemental using it to share gear with their resto. Cloth Caster gear will have Hit on it, Spirit offers no benefit. So if they're itemising caster cloth with 0 spirit, there's zero need to give Shadow a spirit talent, or else you run into the problems of "this class wants it too" and we're back to where we started.

@FreeTheRock Blessing of Wisdom does nothing for non-casters, Divine Spirit does nothing for any melee, or Ele/Resto Shaman/Holy Paladin right now. Why do you think they'd all of a sudden make it worthwhile for everyone?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Mp5 won't be a stat on gear, but it will still exist. It's not even really a "stat" so much as a description of your regen, so it's still certainly possible for a buff to say "Grants X mana every 5 seconds."

Prayer of/Divine Spirit at the moment is a "might as well" buff. It doesn't help most party members much, but a tiny bit of health/mana regen between pulls in 5-mans doesn't hurt.

I seriously doubt it will be going away because I still think of it as a somewhat iconic buff for Priests. That said, I suspect that it will probably become a pure regen buff, however, the exact implementation depends on exactly how Spirit is ultimately changed. However, I think the most likely implementation will be something that will simply buff the regen component of your Spirit (eg, 5% more regen from Spirit) or give some bonus unrelated to Spirit instead.

That said, I would like to hazard a guess at how Spirit will change. First, I think it's pretty clear the five second rule is toast. Now, to replace that, they'll either have it work for everyone such that you get some amount of Spirit regen out of combat and a reduced amount in combat or you get no regen in combat without a Meditation-like talent somewhere in the healing trees.