Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What will happen to Prayer of Spirit with Catas new Stat changes?

@Tezmata:
    "MP5 - This stat will be removed from the game completely. Holy paladins and Restoration shaman will be redesigned to benefit from Spirit." I'm guessing that means entirely gone from anything except your character read out. And to go along with the next part...

@Zeuq:
    I had the same thought concerning the 5sr. It would seem reasonable/natural to me if Spirit gave 100% regen all the time and 50% in combat, without talents or anything. It would also fit the bill for being more intuitive (rather than the present system of regeneration), which is something they've stressed repeatedly with their stat changes.

An argument I was involved with quite a bit during the WotLK Beta was how Meditation fit into the scheme of things, and whether it was a really meaningless talent since every Priest spec took it. I'm not going to derail, but the best argument against Meditation was more directed at Spirit: Spirit is an undesirable stat for all classes unless propped up by talents/abilities. Stats like Agility, Str, Stam are naturally useful to their respective class/roles; Spirit and Intellect have been made useful by other means. We've already seen the Int/Sp change, so it would make sense to me if Spirit stopped requiring as many talents to make it a desirable regenerative stat.

Edit: What I'm curious about is the future of Replenishment. They've already hinted that it's probably not going to remain the way it is now, since Int will be desirable without needing Replen/talents to justify it. It would seem likely they'd perhaps involve it with spirit, but seeing as only 2-5 members of the raid will need it...who knows.

REMOVE SPELL.

Cataclysm is a new slate, fold it into gear, THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus
    @Tezmata:
    "MP5 - This stat will be removed from the game completely. Holy paladins and Restoration shaman will be redesigned to benefit from Spirit." I'm guessing that means entirely gone from anything except your character read out. And to go along with the next part...

The "stat" mp5 will be gone, as in you won't see "Equip: You gain X mana per 5 seconds" on your gear. A buff could still do that, either as a raid buff like Prayer of Spirit or as a trinket proc/use effect. Think of how a HoT could give you hp5 (health per 5 seconds). It's not a "stat" but an effect nonetheless. In this way, it could certainly still be a buff.

I guess I should have been more clear rather than merely quoting their single sentence. They grouped their changes under certain subheadings; there was a "Removed from Items" and a "Totally Gone" tab. Mp5 was under Totally Gone, as to differentiate it from things like ArmorPen which will only be vanishing from items. I suspect this means they plan to totally do away with it. Mana hasn't come back in chunks in all of WotLK and they're discussing revamping the five second rule, which I suspect is the reason the stat is based around five second intervals. The stat makes no sense as a stand alone without those original aspects of game mechanics behind it, which again is why I highly suspect it'll be gone entirely as they're trying to clean up the game a little so it's more clear to those players who haven't experienced it over the years.

I support Gerina

PW:Haste

Come on, just DO IT.
    Why do so many people type like they learned to spell at Chick-Fil-A?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakian
    This is the work of serious and hairy chested lumberjack mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerina
    priests get bloodlust

PW:haste
    its called power infusion

Either it will be another Blessing of Wisdom or it will go the way of wand specialization

I imagine a new spell of the utility sort will take its place.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    Nobody knows but Blizzard. No point in speculating, you'll just be wrong anyway.
    Given the rather sketchy rate they've been filling things out, I'm pretty sure even they don't know what's doing what just yet.