Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Xferring to the horde. What race?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgopher
    What kind of spreadsheets are you reading that generalize the entire games worth of classes into one race being better. Even in ICC 25 heroic gear orcs will be better than trolls for a lot of classes and specs. Don't give bad advice.
    Elitest Jerks, femaledwarf, etc.

orc racial is the best even though i have a troll hunter he looks the best

Quote Originally Posted by jereminion
    orc racial is the best even though i have a troll hunter he looks the best
    You are grossly misinformed. Orc is better than Troll only when you are BM, otherwise the Troll racials offer a much better DPS boost, not to mention the fact that you get to play a Troll, which is reward enough.

Meh. Right now i'd say orc or troll (surpise suprise ) because of racials. Both have excellent racials for a hunter.

However note in cataclysm, all our racials will be changed. It may be that tauren are the best hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charette
    Is troll still the way to go or should I orc it up.
    Please also mention why I should pick one
    Orc. Pet damage boost, AP racial trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    You missed the mark a few times.

To answer the OP, trolls are the best hunters for a variety of reasons. Berserking is a great CD to use and becomes even better when you go MM. Bow Specialization is amazing considering the best hunter weapons in game are infact bows. Beast slaying is a fun little bonus that doesn't hurt to have. That and that trolls are the master race and tusks > no tusks.
    This.

The difference between your hunter Horde choices are very minimal, so unless you're a serious min/maxer then choose which you like the looks of. Personally, I'd probably go Troll, they look pretty damn awesome with ranged weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    You are grossly misinformed. Orc is better than Troll only when you are BM, otherwise the Troll racials offer a much better DPS boost, not to mention the fact that you get to play a Troll, which is reward enough.
    orcs- attack power trinket, pet damage boost. both work all the time and increase your damage

troll- haste trinket, bow gives 1% crit. people say that haste is a wasted stat for hunters. also i have been playing my hunter for a long time and i have only used a bow for leveling it with the BOA, and a few days before i upgraded to a gun. unless you have a bow the whole time it will only be useful then. we can do more damage againsts beasts.....almost useless based on the raids in wotlk

Trolls are the new chosen race.
    Priest/DeeKay
    Support are troops

10+ Year Old Account

Anything but another fruit elf

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgopher

Shaman/any spec. - Orc
    Paladin - Orc
    Hunters - Orc
    Mages - Orc
    Rogues - Orc
    Priest healing - Orc
    Priest DPS - Orc
    Warrior - Orc
    DK - Orc
    Warlock - Orc
    Druid - Orc
    Fixed.

Orcs are superior.

10+ Year Old Account

If you have to go Horde, I'd say troll
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sWL79vD3BU
    looks pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by jereminion
    orcs- attack power trinket, pet damage boost. both work all the time and increase your damage

troll- haste trinket, bow gives 1% crit. people say that haste is a wasted stat for hunters. also i have been playing my hunter for a long time and i have only used a bow for leveling it with the BOA, and a few days before i upgraded to a gun. unless you have a bow the whole time it will only be useful then. we can do more damage againsts beasts.....almost useless based on the raids in wotlk
    Haste is a "wasted" stat in that there are more attractive stats on gear you can acquire. Giving up say, armor pen, for haste is a downgrade in DPS. Haste is, however, a good stat stand alone. When you incorporate it into a CD, it becomes that much better.

If you haven't come across a bow that doesn't make the fact that they are the best invalid. I would like you to meet my friend Zod and his best in slot ranged weapon.

5% pet damage is fine and dandy for a BM hunter but it is less and less effective the less of your damage your pet does. For example (simplistic numbers for easy analysis) say that your pet does 50% of your damage. Well then 50x1.05= 52.5. So there you see a 2.5% DPS increase from your racial. Pretty damn good right? Now say your pet does 10% of your damage. 10x1.05= 10.5. Now you get a .5% dps increase. Not exactly anything special.

So when you graduate from BM to a real spec like SV or MM you gain much more out of your 1% and haste CDs (more auto shots = more damage. more ArP = more damage per auto shot. Thus berserking almost scales) than you do out of a 5% pet damage increase and a flat, non scaling, AP trinket that becomes less and less useful the more AP you have. Add in beastslaying for a nice damage increase should you fight a beast and you have a clear cut winner for SV and MM.

Also Trolls are just better than you, your mom, and everyone else.

Best in slot is a crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Best in slot is a crossbow.
    Sorry I should have said "Best in Slot until you have completed the last (real non Ruby Sanctum filler instance) boss of the expansion on the hardest difficulty." All other points remain valid and you will find that heroic Zod's will be the best weapon you may ever get (directed at the first person I quoted earlier) and will certainly be the best you get before "beating the game."

Troll is def the way to go. Not only do they have great racials, but they just rock.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    Hunters don't need expertise.

Trolls also have 5% damage bonus against beasts, bow specialization, and regeneration.

Next stop trying to reply to whatever you see on the "Latest Forum Posts."
    I would take http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20575 Over what the Trolls offer.

edit: Forgot ORC
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed
    I would take http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20575 Over what the Trolls offer.

edit: Forgot ORC
    Except that doesn't equate to much of a damage boost for any spec other than BM. Heck, it's not even the most appealing orc racial.