Stat changes pre-cataclysm

So I'm wondering what's going to happen to some of the gear we have that currently has spirit on it, and our gems with spell power once the change occurs prior to cataclysm? I've acquired some 264 gear with spirit on it, since it was an upgrade from what I had previously, I wonder if I should get rid of all spirit items asap.

Re: Stat changes pre-cataclysm

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. 4.0 is a LONG way away.

Deleted

...and when 4.0 hits that gear will be replaced in about a month. Just get gear that is good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbanana
    first off they said in the blue post on the front page they were going to change all the gear we have right now to reflect these changes before cata is released. secondly why even ask a question like that i mean blizzard isnt going to make changes like this then just forget about a couple items mages use. they will take the spirit off the dps pieces and replace them with useful stats
    Except they are healer pieces too, so they won't.

And this will happen when 4.0 hits, not cataclysm. They released the "expansion patch" before the expansion for each of the first ones, and they will again. It's still a ways off and I wouldn't worry about it just yet. If you're really that worried, just grab gear that's getting d/e'd to replace it when it hits.

It will be on the PTR before it comes out as well. That will show you what items are changing in what ways. So dont worry about it till the PTR comes out and then you can start collecting a "post 4.0" set.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn