Poll: What is the easiest Tank Class to play. There are 2 votes. One for Aoe and for single Target

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Easiest Tank Class to play.

The easiest tanking class is the one you enjoy playing the most. If you don't enjoy a class then everything about them will seem difficult.

I worked on a pally (lvling as prot, even before the random LFG) its literally smashing 4 buttons I just roll my hands on 1,2,3,4, super fast (I know its not max potential TPS but I'm lvl 77 with this toon, and never get aggro ripped from me) I played a prot warrior in TBC, was fun because I had to pay attention vs my pally where Im paying more attention to the tele then WoW
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

I voted warrior for both. I find it easy to tank as a warrior. Both single and AOE tanking. Aaaand i have no clue how to play either druid or paladin

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Single target: Warrior
    Multi target: Paladin

That's my opinion, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amran20
    Yeah, heroics were a Prot Paladin's thing, but it really wasn't until guilds had SSC and TK under wraps and moved on to Hyjal that Protadins really became prominent. Up til BT, we were Hyjal tanks, Heroic Tanks, Trash Tanks, Leotheras tanks... it was all specialized roles.

Sometime around BT the general community as a whole realized that Paladins could actually MT, rather than just OT.

And trust me, I pretty much pioneered the Black Dragonflight protadin revolution in BC =D

Edit: Yeah, most Kara pugs, or ZA bear runs used a Protection Paladin, simply due to our AoE tanking skills being boss, back in the day. But it was still mostly being considered a trash tank, rather than a Warrior, who was the real deal.
    And a little fight called Tidewalker.

Unless you need to move its paladin as easiest in AoE tanker. Problem is that when needed to move with aoe your concecration is not the best spell so would then say warrior with its tunderclap demoshout is best.
    Warrior has the starting highest TPS (only part that is hard with to eager dps). I can say this as I did played all classes as tank.

Atm, Drood is definitively the easiest on single target and multi target.
    In aoe, drood just spam one bouton (swipe).
    In single target, droods have to use mutilate and FF on CD and put the 5-stacks of their dot, then filling with swipe and maul.

Woot, easier than 969 of pala...

Even if pala don't have any prob with threat at all, you have to know the cycle.

pound for pound, Pally is the easiest and most fun to play, not just as tank but to level, dps everything, which is why pallies are becoming more prevalent. Plus the tools available to support your MT or OT, from healing, hand of sacrafice, etc can save them in a pinch.

Oh, druids use 2 buttons aoe tanking. Now thats easy.
    Oh, paladins use 5 buttons, now it gets complicated!
    Oh, deathknights have to watch 2 timers and manage runes and runic power at the same time.
    Oh, warriors use a button parallel to others, and they have a procc. Now the brain seriously starts to get warm while tanking.

Since i have three tanks i have to decide what i am for thsi topic~ and i chose... WARRIOR!
    No i can say "all others are fear easier", which makes me an awesome player, doesnt it? I mean, that's what this topic is for. Feeling better by looking down on others judged by how many buttons they press. Though even the hardest class in the game can be played half a sleep half drunken.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

druid is the easiest to play but the hardest to master

Warriors, becasue they don't have to worry about mana or runes coldown, they just start the fight and wait for rage

I started playing DK a while ago. And after played a Warrior Tank for Years I see quite some difference between them.

If I try to compare the ability to AoE Tank of those two I'd say it's easier to do it with the DK, because Death&Decay does really a big deal ... and if it's there you have almost never aggro problems ... BUT I had it often, that someone body pulled a second group and then I really got into troubles.
    Death&Decay has been gone, Runes are already used on the current group so I have almost no possibility to do anything till the runes pop up once more.
    With the Warrior, you always have rage ... you have not the uber Aggro spell like DD, but with thunderclap and Shockwave it's still no big deal ... but you can easily react to bullshit situation ... you always have rage for a thunderclap and the damage shield does the rest.

Paladin is probably the most forgiving if you make a mistake or if someone else makes a mistake and you have to grab extra adds.

Whereas on a DK if someone pulls and your runes are on CD you're pretty much fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pally4ever
    Warriors, becasue they don't have to worry about mana or runes coldown, they just start the fight and wait for rage
    That logic does not work. As a warrior if you use or rage unwisely, dont get hit or cant charge, you have problem while paladins mana pool lasts long enough to get things under control. That is really one of the big advantages of paladins. If you are able to manag your mana of course. I heard there are people that can go oom with 2 points in SA. I need one and never go oom.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Oh, deathknights have to watch 2 timers and manage runes and runic power at the same time.
    Oh, warriors use a button parallel to others, and they have a procc. Now the brain seriously starts to get warm while tanking.
    *cough*frost dk tanking*cough* combine those two

anyways on topic: warrior for single target and pala for AE, even thou DKs have it fairly easy on both (imo, except frost where it gets a bit tricky with the KM and Rime proccs...but not much) that being said...

why arent the druids higher on the list for multi target?

Yeah, Paladin. Because of the auto skills.
    You just use 69 (hehe) rotation and:
    Attack power reduction (no need to push Demoralizing Shout button)
    Attack speed reduction (no need to push Thunderclap button)
    Block chance increase (no need to push Shield Block)
    Um, *HP increase* (I'm talking 'bout AD; no need to push Last Stand button)

Auto skill class for people without hands... or brains! <3

Paladin are 1 button

It depends entirely on the person playing the class. The only class able to pull aggro off me (I'm a druid) single target while normal tanking (excluding the use of taunt) is the paladin in my guild. Usually it doesn't come to that, but it happens sometimes. Death knights aren't really a threat and I'd say warriors are on par. (at least the ones I've met)

As for AoE I find difficulties aoe-tanking packs of 8+ against that very same paladin.

I voted Paladin for both. That 969 rotation pretty much literally gets you through any situation you can imagine, everything else is passive. I solo MC every week and on the simpler bosses like Golemagg, I have literally fallen asleep hitting that rotation. I would almost say that back in TBC when we had far fewer buttons it was more complicated to be a tankadin. We had to worry a lot more about mana, and even gearing optimally was a fine art of balancing stats. I recall tanking Karazhan in a dress because I outgeared it and was mana starved x_X

Quote Originally Posted by Pally4ever

So.... much.... fail...
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.