Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold

Newest pokemon games coming out march. Probably the last ones i'll get as Gold and silver were my favorite when i was young.

Anyone else excited? I decided to SR for a hitmonchan shiny in my firered. I want it to be my main pokemon in SS.

Re: Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    Newest pokemon games coming out march. Probably the last ones i'll get as Gold and silver were my favorite when i was young.

Anyone else excited? I decided to SR for a hitmonchan shiny in my firered. I want it to be my main pokemon in SS.

I am . Pre-ordered it already!

btw Hitmonchan sucks :P

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum

I am . Pre-ordered it already!

btw Hitmonchan sucks :P

He's been my favorite since he first appeared in pokemon. I remember that episode. He could be the worst pokemon in my hands that shall change heh.

yep, im getting soulsilver, forget those starters, i got my gastly egg ready to transfer to my new game ( gengar = my fav pokemon). game looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gfan
    yep, im getting soulsilver, forget those starters, i got my gastly egg ready to transfer to my new game ( gengar = my fav pokemon). game looks fun.
    I'm the same way friend, i don't like using the starters so i put my favorite pokemon into the game at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by gfan
    Gengar is my favourite too ;O

Why the hatin' on the starters? The starters in generations previous to ruby are actually pretty good! (then they're really imbalanced)

Well i'v always been a fan of actually picking which pokemon you start with instead of the always having to pick from 3 option. I think as long as its level 5 and not legend you should be able to pick which pokemon to start with.

Extremly tempted to get it...I had silver way back when, and it was my first pokemon game. Was also my favorite game for the longest time (Even though I couldnt get out of the dang ice cave >=( )
    Avatar done by my friend Crystal<3

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Extremly tempted to get it...I had silver way back when, and it was my first pokemon game. Was also my favorite game for the longest time (Even though I couldnt get out of the dang ice cave >=( )
    I had silver as well. I see a lot of people saying they had trouble getting out of that cave.

You should get the game as it will probably be one of the last good ones to come out. There adding a 5th gen of pokemon after this so its getting to be to much.

Yep. The nostalgia is going to come on strong with this one. The old pokemon was the best, and I've watched some of the new ones, they are not bad, they just don't ignite that spark they used to have.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Starters are usually pretty strong, so I honestly wouldn't "forget" them..
    In the end, they're just another pokemon, but you're certain their stats will be good.. Just pick the strongest one, and level it along with your actual "starter" of your choosing.

I'd pick Typhlosion(cyndaquil) because of its high special attack and speed.
    However, if I ever get this game, I'm probably going to try and get an Eevee as soon as possible, considering Espeon is my favorite pokemon, and it's really strong, like Typhlosion is has high special attack and speed, but both are even higher, at the cost of having lower attack and defence. But who needs those when a single Psychic could destroy every pokemon that isn't resistant to psychic attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    I remember that, it was a pain.. I had some other guy do that for me.
    In Crystal the cave was easier.. Much easier.

What I'm wondering, is how the battle difficulty will be.. In Platinum the difficulty was set much higher than usually..
    I hope it's the same in these games.. Pokemon is just a lot more fun when the enemies actually fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    What I'm wondering, is how the battle difficulty will be.. In Platinum the difficulty was set much higher than usually..
    I hope it's the same in these games.. Pokemon is just a lot more fun when the enemies actually fight back.
    Pokemon's come along way... iv plated since red and blue and only now am i really finding out how much more there is to these games. Mind you, i never really played pearl,diamond,plat that much.

Theirs tons more to think about when choosing Pokemon now. These remakes are probably the biggest games they have made for the gba. So expect the difficulty to rise as you step through the game.

I need pokemon. I haven't played since sapphire..

Have they claimed these new ones are going to be like the old games or are we going to get more of this "be the pokemon" crap?

If it is like the old games I'm definitely going to buy one. especially if there's wi-fi battles

And.. Raichu ftw \m/

My team used to be Raichu, Onyx, Geodude, Gyrados, Charizard, Ditto (maybe?) it's hard to remember.

Silver and gold were by far the biggest and best of the bunch. SO indeed these will be as well. I'd recommend getting these. I wasn't a fan of the newer ones for the ds but i still got them for the hell of it.

Your not the Pokemon but the first Pokemon in your party does follow behind you now.

As long as I can get 16 badges, I will be happy.

OK i have played, completed and 100% collected everything on every pokemon and this one will suffer the same brutal bashing i gave them all.

it started on my GB pocket with PK Blue, i absolutely destroyed it to death, total play time on that one alone was 200 hours plus.

i loved Gold and silver the first time around and with the new editions to this one i think it will only make it better.

looking forward to it majorly.

i suppose you all hated the ice cave, but come on if you couldn't do it yourself then your not the greates puzzle solver of them all, i mean they are designed for a 5 year old.

its gonna be a great game for anyone new to the series and its gonna be a great game for anyone who has played before.

not so keen on the pokewalker thing, but hey if it adds better exp than the day care centre without the cost of naf stats then it may be worth sticking it on your dogs collar when not playing it.

i got mine on pre-order, Hoping that the no-lifers who love the so called lameness of meta gaming on it don't show up again.

the starting pokemon are always present in all of my squads, WHY? because they own, in every pokemon game you can pick one pokemon and complete it with your starter one.

i wasn't the biggest fan of these starters but they are good as they are. nothing will beat my charizard that i've had since PK blue, nor my blastoise.

i like the idea of having any pokemon now able to follow you in game any where outside of the pokeball and following you. loved it in PK yellow with pikachu.

and with the new stylus controls i think it will flow much better than the last one.

if your flip flopping over wheather or not to buy it, i would just go for, if you go by gameplay for you money then this has endless hours of it. i would say a min of 60 hours plus for someone new to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    Pokemon's come along way... iv plated since red and blue and only now am i really finding out how much more there is to these games. Mind you, i never really played pearl,diamond,plat that much.

Theirs tons more to think about when choosing Pokemon now. These remakes are probably the biggest games they have made for the gba. So expect the difficulty to rise as you step through the game.
    That's not how the difficulty was increased in Platinum.
    In Platinum, opponents had better move sets, so it's much more likely for a pokemon who's weak to your pokemon's element to one shot it regardless of your advantage. In the other games, the move sets were not as.. specialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    That's not how the difficulty was increased in Platinum.
    In Platinum, opponents had better move sets, so it's much more likely for a pokemon who's weak to your pokemon's element to one shot it regardless of your advantage. In the other games, the move sets were not as.. specialized.

I see,i'v honestly lost track how these games work now a days. But i'm excited for these remakes.

I had Pokemon Blue, and then I got Pokemon Gold when it came out. I was a huge fan of Gold, so it will definitely be nice to get one of these two games. Unfortunately I lost the two games since, but oh well.

Incidentally, how would you go about trading an egg to a new game? Do you have two DS's, or is there something I've overlooked? I'd like to be able to move my EV items to a new game so I can mindlessly build up my starter properly at the beginning of the game. It'd be nice to have a super fast Cyndaquil right off the bat. =D

Oh, I picked Cyndaquil, by the way, and I'll more than likely take that route again. I think in Blue I picked Squirtle, then when my brother deleted that game I got... Bulbasaur? I really don't remember.

Is there any need for this many Pokemon games?

I remember just Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue... then Pokemon Yellow came out and i thought "That is the only one worth playing as its true to the Anime, starting with Pikachu".