Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Spells in Cataclysm!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    It could be interesting to see an AoE-reticule targetted heal, possibly for paladins.

For example, a raid boss does an area-based AoE that has to be healed through. Normally you'll just have resto shammies spamming CH and druids rolling HoT's on everyone, but what can pallies do? They're single target healers. What would be cool is if they could bust out a heal that you have to target on the ground, something channelled perhaps, that heals all targets within the area for a certain amount.

Not only would it give pallies something new where they're really lacking, but it will also help with Blizzard's overarching goal to make healing less about ferociously watching unit frames and more about actually looking at the way the battle's going.
    Not sure exactly what you're going for but a blue post said pallies are getting new healing spells, and for this reason.

15+ Year Old Account

Isn't tranquility an AoE heal centered around the druid itself? Not sure, never had a tree.

I'm talking about something you target specifically for healing. So instead of tranq's large-radius gradual heal, I'm talking a small-scale channelled heal along the lines of an AoE Penance. So when for example all the casters in group 3 are being hit by something, you target where group 3 is and heal them up.

EDIT: So I mean the heal targets a patch of ground. If people stay in the patch, they get healed. If they move out, the healing stops. I likened it to Penance so you can get decent usage out of it with a high-heal short channel than a low-healing long channel.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

DK- some sort of armor(bubble) I guess
    -your X-Attack have a X-Chance to add a extra rune for X-amount of sec (could be nice to)
    Hunter- pet customisation!!!1 we have waited and now gief wolfie with rocket on back!!!1 :>

Pala- more healing spells tbh :<
    -50%ret nerf!
    warrior- some sort of shield throw I think whould suit about now!
    - and ofc gief back leap!
    Shaman- Lavaburstx2!!! (maybe not... no more insta kills plx)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blartt

What would be the point of having different classes?
    >.< thats exactly his point

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius
    Maybe death knights can get something like Warrior's spell reflect.
    And hunters get Bear Trap reimplemented.
    Anti-magic shell isn't good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Another thread asking the same pointless questions.
    Until some concrete evidence comes out from something like a beta then it is all guesswork.
    We do not know short of the very limited information we have go so far, and that is mostly aimed around warlocks due to an entire mechanic overhaul and those are specfically still to be confirmed as something to expect in beta, let alone live

We did not get mount cost refunds, we will not get training refunds.
    Once you get to max level or even remotely close to a decent level then you will be making more than enough to cover any previous costs so it will not be an issue.
    Things change, so get over it and enjoy your easier than ever to make gold from dailies which is a mechanism I cannot see changing.
    You sir, hereby awards the "I'm a jerk Coin" from looting Captain Sarcasm.

I kinda think that the hunters move Explosive shot should do aoe damage instead of a tick. Only basing that off of the fact that the icon shows an arrow with a stick of dynamite on it, but gameplay wise I could understand why they don't, like hunters need more aoe than multi-shot and volley.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde
    I kinda think that the hunters move Explosive shot should do aoe damage instead of a tick. Only basing that off of the fact that the icon shows an arrow with a stick of dynamite on it, but gameplay wise I could understand why they don't, like hunters need more aoe than multi-shot and volley.
    I agree. I generally think WoW needs more "splash" damage, low numbers like 10% off melee swings and other stuff, because it adds pressure and makes it so people dont want to bundle up so much in pvp. Makes you have to play smarter. Just my opinion.

*in a cone in front, like the swing would hit other people, that idea, not aoe on melee attacks*

I kinda think that the hunters move Explosive shot should do aoe damage instead of a tick.
    This is actually exactly what explosive shot originally did, but survival needed more single target damage and volley was fine for aoe so it didn't last.

Honestly, give spells from the RTS games to their class counterparts.

like searing arrows to hunters and Earthquake to shamans.
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

10+ Year Old Account

I'd Like to see DK auras back.
    Blood Aura: All party or raid members within 45 yards of the Death Knight are healed by X% of the damage they deal.

Forst Aura: Increases the spell resistance of all party and raid members within 45 yards by X%.

Unholy Aura: All party or raid members within 45 yards of the Death Knight move X% faster. This effect does not stack with other movement improving effects.

Sadly if they do bring it back there will be more people ragging on DK tanks...again.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Bear trap should be like snake trap, but with bears.
    You do not know how disappointed I was when I figured out it wasn't like this..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

Dk auras are never coming back in their original forms, especially not unholy aura.

Quote Originally Posted by JSeilaS
    You do not know how disappointed I was when I figured out it wasn't like this..
    Same with me and I'm not even a hunter. If dks can have a ghoul army hunters should have a pet army.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Dk auras are never coming back in their original forms, especially not unholy aura.

Same with me and I'm not even a hunter. If dks can have a ghoul army hunters should have a pet army.
    if only they had beastmaster spells.

i think itd be hilarious to look over and see a hunter with their regular pet, a bear, a quillboar, a hawk and a stampede of rhinos, thunder lizards and kodos charging behind them
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

You know I was also thining how the recent change with parry.

With Hunter's deterance do you think they're just gonna change deterance or is it just gonna be a "not as good as before" because of the mitigation change in parry.

Arcane Mages must absolutely receive some sort of spell that relates to their current amount of mana. Some sort of spell or cooldown that increases Arcane damage the lower your mana is, and decreases the more you have.

The idea, of course, is to present an interesting DPS choice where the player is tied between wanting more of his resource to continue the fight, or to blow through mana to maximize DPS and risk being incapable of recovering enough to effectively DPS. Skilled players would be able to reach the absolute limit and maximize on the DPS returns, while unskilled players will either go too far (losing overall DPS in the long run) or not far enough (missing out on potential DPS from this spell/cooldown).

Would add a high dimension of skill to the spec, and separate the good players from the less-skilled ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LoftyTheMetroid
    Arcane Mages must absolutely receive some sort of spell that relates to their current amount of mana. Some sort of spell or cooldown that increases Arcane damage the lower your mana is, and decreases the more you have.

The idea, of course, is to present an interesting DPS choice where the player is tied between wanting more of his resource to continue the fight, or to blow through mana to maximize DPS and risk being incapable of recovering enough to effectively DPS. Skilled players would be able to reach the absolute limit and maximize on the DPS returns, while unskilled players will either go too far (losing overall DPS in the long run) or not far enough (missing out on potential DPS from this spell/cooldown).

Would add a high dimension of skill to the spec, and separate the good players from the less-skilled ones.
    so... you're asking for a drain mana or gain mana back when casting or something>? because that sounds alot like the arcane mages you're describing right when wotlk came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala
    if only they had beastmaster spells.

i think itd be hilarious to look over and see a hunter with their regular pet, a bear, a quillboar, a hawk and a stampede of rhinos, thunder lizards and kodos charging behind them
    I know i said this thread is more about "probable" implements and not other people's ideas, but a "Call of the Herd" or "Call of the Wild" summoning x random beasts to fight (basically a wilderness version of AotD) would be really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by LoftyTheMetroid

If by "skill," you mean "gimmicky," then yes.

Snark aside, the design of the spell encourages the already mindless AB3+ cycle for short fights because of quick mana dump to reach a good benefit threshold and stacking damage multipliers. Furthermore, Arcane's goal in longer fights is already "end the encounter with an empty mana pool." The ability you have described would simply be another button to push for a spec that already punishes inappropriate mana management. Finally, it sounds like an even more situational TtW.

As an afterthought, since Cataclysm will have Intellect providing spell power, the mechanic of the spell encourages having a smaller mana pool, which is a counterintuitive design choice.

Edit: If mana was a resource system that is more easily replenished in terms of percentage fluctuations, the spell might have some depth. As it stands it works as a reverse Execute. If anything, the "do more damage when you have less resources" system works better on DKs as a mechanic.

so... you're asking for a drain mana or gain mana back when casting or something>? because that sounds alot like the arcane mages you're describing right when wotlk came out.
    What? No, I don't think so...?

You don't gain or lose large amounts of mana from the spell or cooldown, it just increases your DPS by an amount relative to your current amount of mana.

For example, a cooldown that increases Arcane damage by X% for 10 seconds, where X is larger the closer your mana is to zero (say, its maximum threshold is reached at or below 5% of your total mana).

Or, a spell that does crap damage when your mana is at 25% or higher (and should not be a part of your rotation when your mana is higher than that), but does exponentially more damage the closer your total mana is to zero. Perhaps throw in a high mana cost, or reduction to mana regen upon use, and it forces Arcane Mages into a game of "Chicken" to see how far you can push your mana and still be able to recover and return to a normal rotation, only to try pushing it again ~2 minutes later during your next Evocation cycle (the Arcane Mage's "macro-level" rotation).