Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shokadin with 7k dps. or a ret pally just weilding nighttime and a toc shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    we soloed
    we...soloed...

Do you know what solo means?

Re: Shokadin with 7k dps. or a ret pally just weilding nighttime and a toc shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman
    Repentance only works on humans, its a PVP talent, and you gave up holy shock for it.
    Repentance
    9% of base mana 20 yd range
    Instant cast 1 min cooldown
    Puts the enemy target in a state of meditation, incapacitating them for up to 1 min. Any damage caused will awaken the target. Usable against Demons, Dragonkin, Giants, Humanoids and Undead.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sphincter
    I'm pretty sure it works on all humanoids. Which means it can be used on every race, not just humans. And it was meant to be a PVP & PVE CC talent, but PVE no longer requires CC for the most part.

Which if you are making a spec to specifically kill undead in HOR, you would never ever ever spec this talent, it wouldn't boost your DPS at all, and giving up holy shock for Repentance does not make any sense.

Its a pvp talent because its only real use is PVP unless you really want to argue its value as an interupt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Seal of cleave + consecrate is pretty good DPS as is. With decent gear it shouldnt be hard to pull 5k as almost any spec in HoR.
    Shockadin with seal of cleave? Seal of cleave scales from weapon damage and AP, a shockadin should use either vengeance or righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by botfly
    it actually takes it down to 10 seconds, with the talent.

and i seriously doubt you are going to pvp with a holy wrath spec, so please just stop being stupid.
    Well he wants to do just HoR with this spec, so I don't think he wants to PVP with it or cares if he has to get PVP talents to achieve his goal of AOEing in HoR

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman

Which if you are making a spec to specifically kill undead in HOR, you would never ever ever spec this talent, it wouldn't boost your DPS at all, and giving up holy shock for Repentance does not make any sense.

Its a pvp talent because its only real use is PVP unless you really want to argue its value as an interupt.

Hehe, you edited that rather quickly

I was about to post a screenshot of me Repentancing an undead mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarn
    Hehe, you edited that rather quickly

I was about to post a screenshot of me Repentancing an undead mob.
    Yeah, my main spec is Prot... sorry I was a fish out of water for a moment

I think he was prot/ret only for the reason he had a melee dps weap on, a shockadin needs mass amounts of sp, losing 600+ SP frmo a weap wouldnt be worth a dps weapon.

On a side note i did q up with a friend to dps as a holy pally and managed on average 4k with only a kings really. was in full pvp gear and i found the trick to be seal swaping.

also was in a pvp spec so a more viable spec would give better numbers im sure. Also had afew missed holy shocks would is omg bad. Also used a libram to increase sheild slam thingy lol.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lls&cn=Dazline

Just like your experience Dazline, anyone speccing holy and trying to deal damage will do fine if they can aoe.

That being said, that aoe damage (and single target for that matter) is far below what a retribution paladin is capable of in equal gear.

Edit: back on topic, most likely what the OP saw was a prot/holy paladin that forgot he didn't have a dps spec when he q'ed, so he threw on a mix of gear and aoe'ed for all he was worth.

its clearly obvious that ret will put out much higher dps when it comes to a single target fight ( and multi for that matter)

But if your trying some new stuff out if your bored like i have been for ahwile lol then it is possible to be able to do well over the dps needed for a heroic.

with a 1.6 sec attack speed healing weap + rightous, in an actualy raid with totems and what not you can start hitting for under .9 sec which is kinda funny to watch.

Also was playing with seals and stuff and you can get an extra 500ish dps if you keep swaping seals. vengance till 5 stacks and swap rightous, then swap back before it drops. Alot of wasted gcds but what else to use them for :-\

trying out my old smite spam spec on priest soon lol. wana see what i can do!

15+ Year Old Account

it actually takes it down to 10 seconds, with the talent.

the glyph does make it 15 seconds, but 2 points in purifying power takes off 33% which is 5 seconds. so a 10 second wrath is not bad but still not for dps reasons. holy wrath is around 20 seconds before that glyph, so the glyph ACTUALLY takes 10 seconds off, not 15.

and i seriously doubt you are going to pvp with a holy wrath spec, so please just stop being stupid.
    Ure horrible...

How did u manage to not get that 33% reduced CD reduces the base CD off the spell-

30 - 33% = 20 seconds
    20 - 15 = 5 seconds

This is learned in 3rd grade if ure slow...
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    Ure horrible...

How did u manage to not get that 33% reduced CD reduces the base CD off the spell-

30 - 33% = 20 seconds
    20 - 15 = 5 seconds

This is learned in 3rd grade if ure slow...
    Now, now, it's very nice to go calling people horrible when the clueless one is you :P
    The cooldown reduction of the glyph is applied before Purifying Power, and not after.
    Thus, the correct result is:
    (30-15)*0.67 = 10.05 seconds

Hope you can pass your 3rd grade soon! Good luck, you can do it!

15+ Year Old Account

in fact, i think i will now recommend anyone to glyph holy wrath if they are undergeared and have a hard time healing hor

its amazing cc there, but pretty much only there.
    diminushing return with HoJ/charge/SoJ
    it wont take long before it kick in :P

Re: Shokadin with 7k dps. or a ret pally just weilding nighttime and a toc shiel

What are you dumb? That doesn't even fit into the context.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mac3361
    Recently i did Halls of reflection with a Paladin who i was amazed by because he was doing 5k dps and said he was holding back because he was afraid of my threat the only thing was he was wielding a shield for lord jaraxus 25 man and nighttime out of heroic forge of souls. the next thing that amazed me was the fact that he took over the crappy healer in our groups job by swapping some gear but not spec and healed just fine.... pls explain this to me..... i know some might be thinking he does some extra damage because of undead but he mention doing around 7-8k dps without trouble.
    Welcome to the World of Retmed - http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...s,daSeq-,11623

Before you say it's not viable it's a very very viable offhealing and DPS build that is starting to take shape in 2600 rated 3's teams, It provides the essentials that Ret offers, It does not cause a Global Lock and in an undead instance it is very very easy to pull those numbers. You can swap the 1 point in Vindication for Command and do extra DPS by cleaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?