Thread: Starting PvP.

Starting PvP.

Since I am about to hit 80 on my warrior, and I plan on pretty much just PvPing with him, I figured I would ask what you guys think of my plan.

Basically, I plan on running random heroics for badges and SKS, which will be used for furious 4pc and WG honor marks, respectively. I will probably get the Relentless equivalent shoulders out of WG. Hopefully getting enough honor from Stone Keeper Shard turn ins to get some of the non-set pieces, and the and the axe of Heroic PoS until I can get the 1800 one.

Any ideas of how to streamline this or something I am missing.

Re: Starting PvP.

Sounds like you got it.

-Que for WG when you can, especially on assault. Get the weekly's done.
    -If you own WG, run heroics for badges/SKS. If you don't, farm honor in whichever BG you prefer. I think AV still has the most honor gained (lots of factors to consider, however).
    -Don't forget Frost Emblems can be used for Relentless or other pieces, such as Castle Breaker Chestplate or Malevolent Girdle. So run the weekly raid and daily random, etc.

Run FoS for the Needle Encrusted Scorpion trinket.
    It's not as good in PvP as it is in PvE, but at least it's something to start with

Also do 10 arena matches every week. If you don't have a team yet, just get a friend and play 10 matches. Even if you loose you'll build up some points and can get relentless set pieces as they no longer require a certain rating.

go for the arp cap, get these items:
    - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67093 (blacksmith) or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50965 Which is just a slight upgrade, and costs 60 emblems of frost
    - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67094
    - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198 heroic forge of souls last boss
    - wrathful offset pieces should have either hit or arp on them
    hit cap: 5% (7% against nightelf and others)
    arp cap: in battle stance: 1260

NES is so fugly, esp against high-resil opponents. I vote Battlemaster's 245 hit trink instead - it has saved my ass a ton of times. 3.9% hit from a single item, throw a hit item on there (like ring/neck/cloak) +1.5% hit for 5.4% total hit.

Humans could go for 2nd trink slot as DPS, but I still vote against NES.

Yeah, Stone Keeper Shards is where I plan on getting a majority of my honor from.

Plan on manually queing each of the ICC5Mans everyday.

We have this thing on my BattleGroup called xRealms, they do Premade AV's, going to do that when I either don't feel like doing more heroics/don't have WG.

Also, I used to be pretty up to date on warrior stuff, but is ArP still the way to go for PvP? I remember seeing a ton of arguements on ArenaJunkies about Str v ArP, because the #1 rated warrior was using Str. It's basically more passive damage v bigger hits.

Also, full PvP gear or using some PvE for ArP, like Bananen suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    NES is so fugly, esp against high-resil opponents. I vote Battlemaster's 245 hit trink instead - it has saved my ass a ton of times. 3.9% hit from a single item, throw a hit item on there (like ring/neck/cloak) +1.5% hit for 5.4% total hit.

As far as I know resilence still has no effect on crit chance items. You'll still get the appropriate number of procs, even if your attack didn't crit.

ie If you should have crit the opponent, only it was nullified becuase of resilience...your attack will not do the extra damage...but you will still get the proc. Same thing applies for talents such as blood craze. You still get the nice regenative bonus...even if you never got crit in the first place.

I don't pvp anymore however...so I've kind of lost track of changes to resilence over the past year...this quite possibly could have changed.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ragels

We have this thing on my BattleGroup called xRealms, they do Premade AV's, going to do that when I either don't feel like doing more heroics/don't have WG.
    At what battlegroup are you seriously, i would instantly come to that BG Please PM me

Find a good healer that shares the same goals as you, it'll make the experience 1000x more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    As far as I know resilence still has no effect on crit chance items. You'll still get the appropriate number of procs, even if your attack didn't crit.

ie If you should have crit the opponent, only it was nullified becuase of resilience...your attack will not do the extra damage...but you will still get the proc. Same thing applies for talents such as blood craze. You still get the nice regenative bonus...even if you never got crit in the first place.

I don't pvp anymore however...so I've kind of lost track of changes to resilence over the past year...this quite possibly could have changed.
    Yeah, it was always like that for abilities that proc off you getting crit (Blood Craze/Enrage), wasn't sure on getting a crit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woesnoes
    At what battlegroup are you seriously, i would instantly come to that BG Please PM me
    Cyclone-US. xRealms are bloody boring though, but they are SO MUCH fun to Troll.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I use the NES for PvP and it doesn't proc as much as it does while I'm raiding or something, but it still procs quite often. I love to see it pop up (I have power auras yell at me when it does) when I am beating on a clothie.

I still don't think the occasional NES proc justifies taking it over a survivability trinket like Battlemaster's, in general I find living longer a bigger issue (850 resil) than doing damage (~50% passive arp, no arp trink).

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai

Um, I believe it doesnt work like that...

Also, get a grim toll, its probably the best pvp trinket you can get as a warrior still...

Cyclone-US. xRealms are bloody boring though, but they are SO MUCH fun to Troll.
    I guess it's not just on my BattleGroup, which is whirlwind.

They are pretty boring, but it is still the best Honor/Hour.

The WG shoulders have hit, along with one of the rings, plus any pve gear they might have while gearing up. he'll want to be careful not to over hit, so I wouldn't get the hit trinket if I were him. Although I love the battlemaster trinkets, they work really nice with enraged regeneration.