Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Posting about "Blizzard" Emails will get you a Ban!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    We have stickies up to inform people about those mails. If a new mail appears, that can be added to an existing thread instead of making a new one for each mail.

We've been asking from the start that people would use the search function before they post a new thread. It's a shame we need to resort to such strict rules because people can't or won't listen.

There's no need for this please. Refrain from commenting our work if you can't do it in a constructive manner.
    So can we post in those Old threads about it. Cause I just got a Email. And its from my contacts list by Blizzard. But I havnt been doing any gold selling/buying. I havnt even traded with anybody.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

was getting sick of these :-X

download firefox + WOT.

Now that we're at it, could you ban threads like 'I'm hacked" and "I'm banned" as well? Perhaps put them all in one nice sticky called "People who aren't smart enough to contact Blizzard".

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    So can we post in those Old threads about it. Cause I just got a Email. And its from my contacts list by Blizzard. But I havnt been doing any gold selling/buying. I havnt even traded with anybody.
    Nope. Check your email, I just sent you an email from "Blizzard".

I asked GM, why ask a public forum.... lulz

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    I had the same email and I did 2 things.

1) Hovered over the link to see a fake link (Java script or something) instead of just the URL
    2) Logged into the game and... oh... my password hasn't been changed.

That and... pro tip...PEOPLE WHO STEAL STUFF OFF OF YOUR ACCOUNT DON'T BOTHER TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD.

They just login, take stuff, and leave it.

I've never heard of anyone going "The damn hackers changed my password aswell" its always "I've/I think I've been hacked!"
    One of the people i know recently got hacked and they changed his password, they did so the first time he got hacked aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor
    One of the people i know recently got hacked and they changed his password, they did so the first time he got hacked aswell.
    Yea, that guy clearly doesn't know what hackers do. I'll take that as a good thing meaning he hasn't been hacked heh. Also, your buddy needs an authenticator apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Now that we're at it, could you ban threads like 'I'm hacked" and "I'm banned" as well? Perhaps put them all in one nice sticky called "People who aren't smart enough to contact Blizzard".
    This this a million times this. I'd love to get a "yes" "no" or even "we're talking about it" about this subject, if only to ease my curiosity. I think it'd clear up a lot of worthless threads on this forum. I hate that half the time I refresh the mainpage to see new topics there's a new "omg I was hacked, what do I do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    If they lack the intelligence to discern between an actual e-mail and a fake one then it will just be one less bad person that we'll have a chance of grouping with, further propelling us towards Blizzard's proposed 10 man raid finder :P.
    I fully agree with this, if you lack the brain capacity to understand that Blizzard will NEVER EVER FOR ANY REASON send you an email asking for your password, OI certainly don't want to meet you in LFD or BGs or anywhere else really.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIs
    I fully agree with this, if you lack the brain capacity to understand that Blizzard will NEVER EVER FOR ANY REASON send you an email asking for your password, OI certainly don't want to meet you in LFD or BGs or anywhere else really.
    I don't think you realize that 'decent' fake emails do not ask you for your info. Rather, they tell you to keep it to yourself. They give links to fake blizzard websites so you put in your login information hoping to clear something up, and bam. You voluntarily fell for a scam by putting in your account info on a non official blizzard site. (That looks like the real thing.)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

World of Warcraft -- Account investigation wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com to you - Jan 18 More Details

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell or trade your personal World of Warcraft account.

As you may or may not be aware of, these actions conflict with the EULA and Terms of Service (TOS) of Blizzard Entertainment and World of Warcraft.

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account. This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

* First and Last name
    * Address
    * Zip code
    * Phone number Daytime
    * Country
    * Account e-mail
    * CD-key
    * Battle.net account name
    * Battle.net account password
    * Secret Question and Answer

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues.

Thank you for your patience and anticipated cooperation in this matter.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc
    Account Administration Team
    P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/
    World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2009

I've bn playing for 3 years... I'm a senior majoring in biology AND chemistry (so I'm not a COMPLETE dumbass) but even that looked legit when I got it... has the right email, the right links... The only reason I didn't take it seriously was because it wanted me to reply to the email with cd key/password etc... I figured if blizz was that concerned then they have my # and could call me.

But the thing is, everyone who plays this game isn't as "bright" as I am (being realistic) and I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people would actually fall for that. Now if there is a thread dedicated to this, then sure, I understand your frustration and they should post in that thread instead of starting a new one. But a lot of the new mods on this site seem to be on a power trip and lock threads/ban people for no reason (and I've had my words with these mods, and linked them the threads where they told the person to 'get the info from' where the info wasn't there).

have a great day
    @b1izzard.com

http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...ategoryId=2880
    Blizzard has a FAQ for everything, why people would need advice from a fan site is beyond me.

For Merlinsback:

1) This thread isn't about whether people getting hacked are stupid or not. (I don't think they are anyway)
    2) This thread is only here to warn people not to post about fake e-mails, because this isn't the place to do so. That's what customer support is for, which is Blizzard's job.

It really is simple, in any situation for any game or anything else.

Do not confirm any personal information that has to do with accounts, addresses, credit card, SS# or anything ever from your email. All emails like that are fake.

It does not matter what it looks like or even if they offer you cupcakes! Still fake. We all know how hard it is for people to resist cupcakes, but people, you MUST! For the sake of HUMANITY resist the CUPCAKES!!!
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Deleted

How hard can it be? Blizzard even put it in the damn loading page tips, they will NEVER ask for your goddamn password.

Also, don't follow links in those e-mails. But just go to Battlenet, worldofwarcraft or wow-europe and go from there.

Alright so i need some help. I was hacked earlier today and they attached an authenticator to account. I have not even played wow the past month, and it is only active til the third because i cancelled it. I have not gone to any other sites other than mmo and other sites i always go to on a daily basis for the past few years.

So heres my question - Should i keep trying to call blizzard (busy) or email them?

edit - oh well. if only i were able to make a thread about this, guess I wouldn't have waited 12 or so hours for no response.

On a side note, these are real blizzard email addresses.

* support@blizzard.com
    * billing@blizzard.com
    * wowtech@blizzard.com
    * wowgm@blizzard.com
    * *@blizzard.com

Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

I can send you an email that looks like it came from those. You won't get a response because one is not necessary. When you get hacked the only thing to do is send an email and then call constantly. There is no other option or what should I do.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    I can send you an email that looks like it came from those. You won't get a response because one is not necessary. When you get hacked the only thing to do is send an email and then call constantly. There is no other option or what should I do.
    Yeah i figured. And those addresses are the ones blizzard said they use for emailing. Anything else is fake.

Though it is in the loading screen tips that Blizzard will never ask you for your password, they need to make it more clear. Purely for those newer to the game or newer to the internet(more specifically, unaware of 'hackers').

They should thrust it in big red letters a couple of times during the registration process, or have it a permanent thing by the 'Breaking News'.

Just my opinion, I've been fortunate so far

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    That and... pro tip...PEOPLE WHO STEAL STUFF OFF OF YOUR ACCOUNT DON'T BOTHER TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD.

They just login, take stuff, and leave it.

I've never heard of anyone going "The damn hackers changed my password aswell" its always "I've/I think I've been hacked!"
    Well.. Time to open your damn eyes then. This actually happened to me. I got hacked and they changed my password and they even changed the email / account name.

Oh, btw.. I didn't click any links in any mail claimed to be from Blizzard... I didn't visit any malicious websites or any websites with known drive-by downloads.. I didn't find any trojans / keyloggers / rootkits or any other malware on my computer when I scanned with AVG Internet Security 9.0.801 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 with the latest database update available at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe
    Well.. Time to open your damn eyes then. This actually happened to me. I got hacked and they changed my password and they even changed the email / account name.

Oh, btw.. I didn't click any links in any mail claimed to be from Blizzard... I didn't visit any malicious websites or any websites with known drive-by downloads.. I didn't find any trojans / keyloggers / rootkits or any other malware on my computer when I scanned with AVG Internet Security 9.0.801 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 with the latest database update available at the time.
    precisely. I hate idiots that only think hackers are.. well, stereotypical. That is like them saying all black people are gangsters and carry a bazooka around. It's simply not true, and actually almost completely false. The typical hacker nowadays, changes everything. They will even (in my case) go as far as adding on an authenticator. The only sites i had visited that week are MMO, curse, wows main website, gamespot, witcherwiki and worldofraids. All malicious websites, right?

(btw i dont look at pronz on this computer, and i am not stupid enough to run a program from visiting a site.)