Poll: You happy with Limited Attempts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Limited Attempts

As a raider, I am finally glad that things are being done. Blizzard themselves hate it and they probably might just include it to optional hard-ass bosses like Algalon. But then again, the limited attempts for even Algalon was the thing that also slowed down attempts for guilds.
    Yall Glad?!!!

PS. All-Star Rest Area!!! To those who dont know what this is then go back and play ssb on all-star.

Re: Limited Attempts

My opinion on limited attempts is very simple: raiding is about fighting stuff, anything that gets in the way of that makes raiding less fun.

And neither are blizzard, so we are not likely to see them again.

i know alot of people will say "llimited attempts is good because now people cant just keep wiping on a boss until they get it down" only differense between having attempts or not for the top guilds is that with limited attempts they run the bosses with alts until they know the tactics so it's idd shit of blizzard "forcing" the top guilds into running an instance several times a week just to be able to keep up with the rest
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by det
    They said it was an attempt to protect people from themselves (excessive playing)
    That's what they said, but what they really meant is that it was an attempt to A) protect their servers from overload, B) protect their content creation team from work.

Or you know, maybe they heard everyone raging about how easy WOTLK was and then people started QQ'ing when they introduced this.

Limited attempts seperate the people who actually know what they are doing from those that are just willing to spend 50 hrs a week on a single boss wiping and slowly learnign the fight.

Limited attempts are now in Heroic Modes only. If you are good enough to actually complete these, than honestly, there shouldn't be any issues. It forces the top guilds who want to wipe for 50 hours to either create alts that they can learn the fight on first, or simply practice week after week, similar to algalon, until they can kill the boss before attempts are exhausted. If the best in the world are having difficulties on LK Heroic, than Blizz has done their job!

I voted yes, because I think it adds a new dimension to raiding, rather than just "lets just see what happens"..."ok don't do that next time", it's now like..."right, lets get this shit sorted before we even step through the door". Of course, it pretty much skyrocketed the dependence on sites like tankspot and bosskillers for strats.

I do also think that it was a very cheap trick employed by blizzard to protect their content, rather than just making content difficult to complete in the 1st place.

2 contradictory statements i know.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

It's annoying, stressful, and altogether idiotic.
    It makes every boss that has it a "dc boss" just like TOGC's Insanity runs.

It also makes raiding significantly less fun. We spend a LOT less time pulling a boss now and a lot more time SITTING AROUND TALKING. I don't need to pay 15 dollars a month to sit around on vent talking to people. Fights should be worked out while FIGHTING, not for 20 minutes in between pulls so you don't waste any of your precious limited attempts.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Gating for HARD modes only would be a better idea tbh.

Normal modes are open as normal with no limited crap.
    That way the hardcore raiders still get their hard modes and have to think about everything they do as to not blow an attempt.

Basically as it is now seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    I think they just didn't expect people to roll a mirrored version of their main characters. They said it was an attempt to protect people from themselves (excessive playing), but as with so many other mechanics, people will find "creative" ways around it if they really want.
    If they didn't expect people to use alts they were simply naive and made a huge mistake. Asking more or less any high-end guild about their approach to the limited attempts would've resulted in the answer "learning with alts". Even if a guild didn't use alts they knew many others would take the alt approach. It was obvious.

Developers overlooked something really big in this case.

I voted for "no". It's just a silly way of trying to make many fights that otherwise would die on the first week to last longer. It also forces you to raid with alts if you wish to play high-end. It requires effort that can be very boring to those doing it and puts people without alts into a disadvantage.

No limited attempts.

But i think the final boss of every raid should be bugged for the first weeks so that no one can kill him. That delays the clearing and the past shows is that thats better for the raids reputation than a perfectly tuned encounter that is cleared very fast.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kivothe
    Limited attempts seperate the people who actually know what they are doing from those that are just willing to spend 50 hrs a week on a single boss wiping and slowly learnign the fight.
    No it doesn't - as you say yourself, it just means the guilds gunning for world first to make alts who are clones of their mains, and run the normal and limited tries on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I voted yes, because I think it adds a new dimension to raiding, rather than just "lets just see what happens"..."ok don't do that next time", it's now like..."right, lets get this shit sorted before we even step through the door". Of course, it pretty much skyrocketed the dependence on sites like tankspot and bosskillers for strats.
    So basically your idea of raiding is to try a boss, wipe, then spend the next hour watching videos, checking combat logs, going to strategy sites etc etc etc, rather than actually, oh, I don't know - RAIDING?