Another "Help me be better" Thread.

So yes, another help me not suck thread. I've done plenty of research but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong really.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thas&cn=Issaru

So that's my armory so you can see my gear, gems, etc. I know not all of my enchants are highest end, but that won't make 2k DPS difference so aside from that, not sure what's up.

My rotation is the usual, Arcane Blast until AM proc, then use it. Only use AB when moving, Arcane Blast to fish for AM proc. If I'm needing to save some mana (say if Evo+Gem is on CD), then I use an unprocced AM. My cooldowns usually blow at once at the begining (Icy Veins, Arcane Power, Mirror Image), then proceed to use them each as soon as they are readily available. I'm not sure if it'll make THAT much of a difference, but I've been noticing myself not critting as mucha s I think I should, even if my crit is 40% give or take 25 raid buffed. My DPS in 25 mans, say on Festergut is about 7k, which puts me lower on the DPS meters since many of my high end guildies are doing 8, 9k+ on that fight. And for some reason I can't seem to stay passed a steady 5k in ICC10 even though I can in about any other raid instance, 10 or 25. =/ Dunno if that one is just the fight mechanics or what. Any suggestions are welcome please..provided they are in a respectful manner. Thanks.

Edit: Yeah, I should replace those PvP pieces too (back/neck). But they were betetr than what I had before and I haven't had the chance to roll or buy new ones yet =( Curse my luck.

Re: Another "Help me be better" Thread.

You are wasting too many itemization points on Spirit. Get some gear without spirit.
    You have too much hit. Cap is 210 with talents and raidbuffs. 1% Less with Heroic Presence.

You talents can be slightly modified.
    -Remove Magic Absorbtion (Not really needed on any bosses in Icc, except Sindragosa HM)
    -Go 2/2 in Magic Attunement (Less moving)
    -Would recommend to alteast get 2 points in Incanter's Absorbtion, specially if you have a Discipline Priests in your raid.

Other than that, try not to move at all, if you have too, use blink. Always attack something, don't stand there doing nothing.
    Also, there is a discussion going on about pushback on Icc-bosses. I prefer to get atleast 3/5 in Arcane Stability to remove the pushback entirely, other say that it doesn't matter. I got a dps increase by putting 3 talents in there. It's worth testing out.
    Also, Arcane Barrage will not give you a increase in dps, it's more of a personal preference, I would have removed it, and spent talents elsewhere.

However, less spirit, more Crit will give you a dps increase. Not saying you should gem Crit ofc, but those spirit items will most likely be replaced by Crit.
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.
    Pojodan

I'm currently working on replacing Spirit with Crit. About to replace my helm with T10. -88 Spirit +96 Crit =)

And thanks for the advice.

15+ Year Old Account

Haste is decent. PvP gear is bad. Hit is over cap. Cheap enchants are gonna cost you ~50-100ish dps. Gems could use some work (see the FAQ).

Most likely your probably is time on target. You're just not spending as much time DPSing as other people. More time moving or doing nothing or whatever.

1. For your gear, your haste is too low. You could consider dropping the +23 gems in your yellow sockets for Reckless Ametrines (+12 sp and +10 haste) on your gloves, bracers and leggings, and Ashen Band.
    2. Your gear is spirit gear. Try getting the mage BIS. T10 leggings are Leggings of Unwoven Death
    3. Way over hit cap - you can afford to drop some 3 from Precision or Arcane Focus, especially if your raid has a boomkin or spriest.
    Put 1 point in Magic Attunement to make it 2/2.
    Another 1 point for IA if you wish so.
    Magic Absorption is debateable.
    Arcane Stability could use 1 or 3 points, depending if you drop MA or not.
    4. For Frost Needle, use Black Magic. only.

My magefriend was a harsh clicker. Clicked all her moves so she was slow to the draw and much lower on damage than our others. Truth is, you should never NOT be casting something =/ And yeah incanters absorbtion with a disc priest in the raid is a ridiculously good talent.

Predicting damage - the right way.

I figured it would be better to ask for some advice here rather than opening a new thread later.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tree&cn=Lumael here is my mage. I know I'm over hit cap and my weapon is more of a healer weapon but my old weapon was Seethe from Forge of Souls. any suggestions to my spec/gems/chants would be appreciated.

I don't agree with your use of unprocced arcane missiles when u wanna save mana, just use a simple arcane barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumael
    I figured it would be better to ask for some advice here rather than opening a new thread later.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tree&cn=Lumael here is my mage. I know I'm over hit cap and my weapon is more of a healer weapon but my old weapon was Seethe from Forge of Souls. any suggestions to my spec/gems/chants would be appreciated.
    Gems: replace the 8haste/8spi gem, the only gems you should use are 23sp, 12sp/10haste, 12sp/10spi (and argueably 12sp/10crit). You seem to like socketbonuses, don't try to gem for the socketbonus when it's clearly not worth it. Put 23 SP in those blue sockets, provided you have enough blues(12sp/10spi!!) for your meta to work.

Enchants are all ok, argueably you could change your boots enchant to Tuskarr's vitality. (actually, you should, since you're way over the hitcap and it can make a lifesaving difference sometimes)

Spec: looks fine; you're over hitcapped atm tho so change points from Arcane Focus to another talent in the Arcane tree, you're probably best off putting them in Arcane Stability for some pushback reduction or get 3/3 IA.