PvP Boomkin spec

I'm trying to make a PvP Moonkin spec, this is what I'm looking at so far.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

I wanna put those other three points in Gale Winds or Celestial Focus. I heard Imp Moonkin is useless and I have more then enough hit to not need Balance of Power, though, the spell damage reduction would be nice.

Thoughts, input?

Re: PvP Boomkin spec

Bump!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xRfu...iuRuZf0fzb:Iij

This is what I use and I'm very happy with it, the best pvp build for moonkin imo

You should take Furor away since you don't gain much from it for pvp. I used it before aswell untill I noticed it does not worth it, you get better talents without it for pvp.

Add 2 points for subtlety just to fill points you get Master Shapeshifter and Omen of Clarity. Also take Improved Mark of the Wild.

IF you don't need Balance of Power (while I suggest you to take it) you can spoint points somewhere else but it's really good talent. Don't forget you need like 8% hit to play against every class. Also if you dont have yet, get around 80 Spell Penetration.

Why Improved Moonkin Form? I find it's the best talent to spend the rest points you have left over. Celestial Focus is worse because you are most likely using wrath untill Wrath of Elune OR when nobody is attacking you while starfire eclipse is on. Hibernate is great though you are not using it much.. just against feral druids tbh.

Feel free to ask questions since I just wrote fast and short version

PS. Another fact about Celestial Focus = Whoever is attacking you, Owlkin Frenzy will proc a lot and that'll make you already immune to pushback while Starfiring.
    asd

I had the same problem - thanks

[url http://www.efdesign.net]Emma[/url]

Why not IFF? I was under the impression its hit/crit is a nice stat to have.

Have to disagree on the furor part.

I cant eaven count the times bearform -> bash have saved me or my partner in arena. For bg:s less use ofc, for duels its a must. If you get to start stealthed and manage to land that pounce, you will have the option for a one cp maim later. Often something a training melee dont antisipate I love the "wtf just happened" on DK when i get gripped and land in bearform followed with bash.

On side note, you might want to get some spirit gear on you ( bossibly 2p resto with 2 p balance + bracers/cloack/neck etc). If you go full balance with current pvp gear you will have trouble with your mana. Eaven with 3/3 dreamstate you have practically no mana regen to talk of (if i recall right i have around 75mp5 while casting). I encourage to do a bit of test specking with your current gear and see what you get. With my current set up im having something like 250mp5 while casting eaven with full dreamstate + full intensity. Get mana burned once and/or stinged by hunter and you WILL have up hill struckle relying on just your Innervate.

PvP is not sience in the manner PvE max min rotations are. See what works for you.

Khad

Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Khad
    Have to disagree on the furor part.

I cant eaven count the times bearform -> bash have saved me or my partner in arena. For bg:s less use ofc, for duels its a must. If you get to start stealthed and manage to land that pounce, you will have the option for a one cp maim later. Often something a training melee dont antisipate I love the "wtf just happened" on DK when i get gripped and land in bearform followed with bash.

On side note, you might want to get some spirit gear on you ( bossibly 2p resto with 2 p balance + bracers/cloack/neck etc). If you go full balance with current pvp gear you will have trouble with your mana. Eaven with 3/3 dreamstate you have practically no mana regen to talk of (if i recall right i have around 75mp5 while casting). I encourage to do a bit of test specking with your current gear and see what you get. With my current set up im having something like 250mp5 while casting eaven with full dreamstate + full intensity. Get mana burned once and/or stinged by hunter and you WILL have up hill struckle relying on just your Innervate.

PvP is not sience in the manner PvE max min rotations are. See what works for you.

Khad

Yeah well everyone have their personal opinions but I don't like furor in pvp :P I find those 5 points better to use somewhere else.
    asd

I use furor for 10% int buff = spelldmg "LunarGrace" and Bearbash

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Jeffreybang

PvP specs are to some degree of personal preferences, play style and of course who you play and HOW you play with them.

This is what i use

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xRfuiIocdhAzRuZbxczb:i

Ill explane some of my choises. I dont go for pushback resists via glyphs or talents. I have Owlkin Frenzy for that. Yes, its not on all the time, but its good enough for me. Ill go for Furor to get some of that unique "just for druids" shape shifting action. If shit hits the fan i use barkskin to give me pushbackless casts. I take celestial focus for the extra haste. Everything else is pretty straighforward i guess.

I take GoStarFall for the extra damage, especially so in patch 3.3.3. I dont take GoFocus, i dont want to stay too close to my target eaven thou it would give me extra dmg. Also, i feel that i would give too much value to what is basicly a single spell that is really, really easy to counter (distance & stun). I take GoBarkskin for the fact that it is the single trick that let me live trough hard melee stun/nuke. Third one is a personal choise that many of you wont brobably agree. I take GoRabid Rejuvenation. Fact is, i will need to heal my self and my partner. My first go to spell for it is, has been and probably will be in the future: rejuvenation. I will have some amount of haste on my gear and i get some from my spec.

Im comfortable with a lot of fast paced shape shifting and healing. I usually dont find my self turreting and spamming endles ammounts of wraths. Iv been known to do that, but it needs a fair ammount of support from a partner that can keep the target A: away from me and B: in LoS = stunned or snared to some degree. What i find my self doing quit a bit is kiting and healing, using my roots to keep targets still for my parner or keeping them off of him. Most times wrath and Starfire cast are few and far between. If i get the chance ill do the best i can to use some cd:s to give them as much punch as bossible. That if need be, includes barkskin. Again i wont be needing those pushback resists.

Im not a hardcore arena junkie, thou in tbc i did play bit more competetively with my old main, a hunter. Most of the time i play 2vs. With balance druid i have partnered with a Lock, Mage, Rogue and Ret Pala 2vs. I dont have much experience of 5vs I have only about 1k arena matches on achievement, but i did play trough TBC as Balance and time to time as Restokin. Id estimate my total arena matches (not including hunter) are at about 2500 range.

Hope i have given you some info to make YOUR choises on how to spec and glyph for pvp.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.