Gearing for PvP.

Since I am about to hit 80 on my warrior, and I plan on pretty much just PvPing with him, I figured I would ask what you guys think of my plan.

Basically, I plan on running random heroics for badges and SKS, which will be used for furious 4pc and WG honor marks, respectively. I will probably get the Relentless equivalent shoulders out of WG. Hopefully getting enough honor from Stone Keeper Shard turn ins to get some of the non-set pieces, and the and the axe of Heroic PoS until I can get the 1800 one.

I suppose this works for all classes, not just warriors, if you replace the axe with whatever weapon.

Any ideas of how to streamline this or something I am missing.

Re: Gearing for PvP.

It's sad that fresh 80s and alts have to PvE to get gear to compete in PvP but alas, it is the quickest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    It's sad that fresh 80s and alts have to PvE to get gear to compete in PvP but alas, it is the quickest way.
    Yeah. Farming BG's and getting to where I can in arena with shitty gear is way slower then just farming heroics for it. It sucks, but whatever. Hopefully rated BG's and some sort of revamp in Cataclysm fix this.

if you are planning on doing this on your warrior, I would say:

furious + 232 weapon = very low chance of ever reaching 1800.

I have ICC 10 sword + sword spec (which is quite nice actually, random burst dmg) and full wrathfull offset, with wrathful gloves/relentless head / wg shoulders...and basically I sometimes struggle to put out any pressure on opponents. I would imagine in furious you'd be looking at ....4k attack power unbuffed? you will really struggle to kill anyone with that.

imo, go for 2pc T9 (for more AP), get WG shoulders, and maybe get 2 pc furious with wrathful/relentless offset items.

of course, I could just suck horribly, but i don't think that's the case
    anyway, good luck to ya, hope the grind is not too bad on your battlegroup, on mine it was terrible.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    if you are planning on doing this on your warrior, I would say:

furious + 232 weapon = very low chance of ever reaching 1800.

I have ICC 10 sword + sword spec (which is quite nice actually, random burst dmg) and full wrathfull offset, with wrathful gloves/relentless head / wg shoulders...and basically I sometimes struggle to put out any pressure on opponents. I would imagine in furious you'd be looking at ....4k attack power unbuffed? you will really struggle to kill anyone with that.

imo, go for 2pc T9 (for more AP), get WG shoulders, and maybe get 2 pc furious with wrathful/relentless offset items.

of course, I could just suck horribly, but i don't think that's the case
    anyway, good luck to ya, hope the grind is not too bad on your battlegroup, on mine it was terrible.
    I don't see struggling on my battlegroup to be a problem. I remember getting 1700 healing a severely undergeared rogue on my HPally last season, in a couple hours.