Deleted

I will miss spirit

Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

If you are a DPS caster, expect to see:

* A lot more Stamina.
    * All of your Spell Power converted to Intellect and Stamina.
    * No Spirit. You won’t miss Spirit, though, because you won’t need it for DPS or mana regen.

I will, Molten armor gives me 3% crit (self buffed), and tbh I can really see the difference in the numbers.
    Now your thinking what an idiot, and yes i understand that they will change the mechanics in the spell so mages benefit crit (or any other thing it will give) a different way through Molten Armor.
    But to say mages wont miss spirit.. I just want to point out, i will.

Re: I will miss spirit

i won't

why? you don't need it anymore so you get more sp/crit/haste whatever you want, instead of spirit. why would you even slightly miss it?
    molten armor WILL give the same crit in any form, if you want it for that reason you should know that blizz said you won't benefit anymore from spirit (aka no spirit>crit)

Deleted

Pretty certain that the OP means in a nostalgic way he'll miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the hearts of every man, woman and child

mages miss out on strength and agility.
    it'll be like those stats to you, you'll forget

10+ Year Old Account

i wonder what will happen with locks, cos if they jsut take away my spirit without substituting it, i will lose about 50SP from fel armour
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Deleted

i won´t miss it, finally no more mages rolling on obvious healgear ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf
    i wonder what will happen with locks, cos if they jsut take away my spirit without substituting it, i will lose about 50SP from fel armour
    learn to read mk?

this is still only a piece of the larger picture, and many of these changes rely on integration with other systems we haven't yet discussed in detail.
    patience grasshoppa

I never liked spirit much.

However, I am worried our gear will be oversimplified.

Right now all gear (trinkets excluded, special case) comes with 5 stats (int+sta+sp+ 2 others). I am assuming since spellpower is gone, in cataclysm all items will come with 4 stats (int+sta+2 others).

However, once we reach the hitcap, the only two extrastats of interest is haste+crit. There won't be any choices to make.

On the other hand, all gear you'll get will be the stats you want... But upgrading will be extremely linear. Same items, just higher iLvl.

Quote Originally Posted by wolffish
    i think i'll one up you http://www.wowhead.com/?item=25653 ;P

15+ Year Old Account

I'm going to assume the OP was not around for Vanilla! God there was nothing worst than seing tier gear that had stat alocation wasted on spirit on tier gear!

The only reason why it's somewhat viable is the fact they changed it so spirit activated MA. I assume either Int will affect MA or it will go back to how it use to be and be a set value for MA again.

Either way I will not miss a stat that we only use a fraction of! I would much rather get full stat value out of gear than a stat I use for 50% of its worth!

10+ Year Old Account

Meh, I don't know. I myself liked actually having many choices on gear. Seems like they are making decision making on the game more easier. Not fully sure about it yet. I guess we will see how everything turns out when the changes happen. Oh and spirit will not be missed by me =D
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Bobyboucher
    I'm going to assume the OP was not around for Vanilla! God there was nothing worst than seing tier gear that had stat alocation wasted on spirit on tier gear!

The only reason why it's somewhat viable is the fact they changed it so spirit activated MA. I assume either Int will affect MA or it will go back to how it use to be and be a set value for MA again.

Either way I will not miss a stat that we only use a fraction of! I would much rather get full stat value out of gear than a stat I use for 50% of its worth!
    Spell pen. EVERYWHERE.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    I never liked spirit much.

However, I am worried our gear will be oversimplified.

Right now all gear (trinkets excluded, special case) comes with 5 stats (int+sta+sp+ 2 others). I am assuming since spellpower is gone, in cataclysm all items will come with 4 stats (int+sta+2 others).

However, once we reach the hitcap, the only two extrastats of interest is haste+crit. There won't be any choices to make.

On the other hand, all gear you'll get will be the stats you want... But upgrading will be extremely linear. Same items, just higher iLvl.
    This is most likely what will be left of our WotLK gear yes. However the new stat "Mastery" is being introduced, you should read up about it, it seems really cool to me at least .
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

hey who knows... maybe in cata MA will just give a flat crit % increase

or

maybe instead of crit, it will add SP based on int

sweeeeeeeet :P
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win