Suppression vs. Nemesis

I couldn't find an answer to this in the stickies but here's the situation.

I normally run 10 mans as the token Demo Lock, with the standard 0/56/15 build. However we lack a 3% hit buff 90% of the time, leaving me to search for tons of hit to make the 420 cap. While I don't have to gem for it, I am prioritizing +hit gear over sp/spirit/haste gear just to make the cap.

My question is this: Would it make sense to drop 3/3 Nemesis and pick up 3/3 Suppression freeing up alot of itemization away from +hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Re: Suppression vs. Nemesis

Wait for teh next patch and drop imp demonic tactics for suppression.

yea bad idea to drop nemisis, lowered cd of demo emp and meta are very powerful for dps if you wer to drop any thign itd be imp tactics
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

Just buy the Hit trinket from the badge vendor (triumph or frost), and swap it when doing 10-man.

I already dropped imp demonic tactics (was expecting the change to go live this week) for 2/3 suppresion and honestly the uptime on DP looks to always be up still.
    I'm sure there is posts on EJ with people running simulations, mine is just based on what i've seen so far in raid
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Thalia~
    Just buy the Hit trinket from the badge vendor (triumph or frost), and swap it when doing 10-man.
    That's what I did. It works well for going back and forth between affliction and demo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger
    I already dropped imp demonic tactics (was expecting the change to go live this week) for 2/3 suppresion and honestly the uptime on DP looks to always be up still.
    I'm sure there is posts on EJ with people running simulations, mine is just based on what i've seen so far in raid
    See here for talent simulations : EJ - Demonology thread
    IDT is still a better talent choice for higher dps than suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Thalia~
    See here for talent simulations : EJ - Demonology thread
    IDT is still a better talent choice for higher dps than suppression.
    Even if you are not hit capped?

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    Even if you are not hit capped?
    Well if you are not hitcapped and planning to do some serious raiding, then you're obviously doing something very wrong.
    Demonology hit caps at 13% (assuming Alliance and available debuffs), then you should gear accordingly. Actually, with the tons of hit on T10, emblems and crafted items, there is no reason to not be hit capped.
    The only case where Suppression would be a better choice, is when swapping Rigormortis for Arthas' sword, if you don't have a way to make up for the loss of hit.

Well this doesn't go with the topic but, I believe it has to be said.
    The EJ thread does indeed say that Imp DT will outweight Suppression for pDPS.

Demonology warlocks are intended for rDps boosting not self-proclaimed inflated epeens.

With this in mind 2/3 suppression > 2/3 Imp DT? I would think that 2% hit being replaced with +spirit increasing personal spellpower slightly, therefore increasing rDps slightly as well. Anyone agree with me here or is there no basis for this rationale?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstartzoid
    Well this doesn't go with the topic but, I believe it has to be said.
    The EJ thread does indeed say that Imp DT will outweight Suppression for pDPS.

Demonology warlocks are intended for rDps boosting not self-proclaimed inflated epeens.

With this in mind 2/3 suppression > 2/3 Imp DT? I would think that 2% hit being replaced with +spirit increasing personal spellpower slightly, therefore increasing rDps slightly as well. Anyone agree with me here or is there no basis for this rationale?
    The purpose of Demonology is increasing raid damage, which does not equal to boosting DP at all costs.
    This is why you're using a chaotic skyflare diamond as your metagem, even if a +32sp meta would increase DP. The pDPS you'd lose would not be offset by the small rDPS you'd gain by doing so.

Same thing goes for T10 vs T9 (hey, there's spirit on T9 but not on T10, why not keep it?).

Same goes for IDT vs Suppression.

Suppression saves you 26.26 pts of hit which can be replaced by another stat. Even by replacing these points with pure spellpower (I'm not even doing the calculations for spirit), it would only increase your DP by 2sp, giving roughly 30 more dps to the raid (10 casters, 1.5 dps per sp point, all averaged out obviously). Whereas IDT is ~200 dps ahead of Suppression (and that is accounting for the gear change, as I made the tests with 4 different gear sets).

It's not like you're replacing gear with only hit on it, for gear with sp, spi, haste, etc.

Sorry but my self-proclaimed inflated epeen is feeling fine right now.