Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dear Mihir
    I'm pretty useless at spreadsheets/simcrafting and all that... but i'm curious as to the importance of hit/exp and the 4-set bonus
    I have Heroic Chestgauad of the Frigid Noose, and also Shadow Slayer's Cloak but swapping out what i currently have will drop my exp/hit by a bit and loose my 4-set bonus
    Also i was wondering if i would be better of using the scorpion trink over WFS would be better at my ArP level?
    I currenty usually only run 10mans seriously on my druid... so if you were going to give me items i should change too, please give me 10man/10man HM or easy boss's that 25man PUG's actually have chances of doing xD
    Just a note-my raid comp usually has 2 pallies(tank/holy and a ret) a resto druid/feral tank , ele/enh sham, 2priests(spriest and disc), a DK tank a mage and a lock if you wanted to know what possible buffs i'd have in raids and i use ArP food and endless rage flasks and i get the DK's hysteria.
    Cheers

Brodëy

P.S. If i got DBW then which trinks should i use?, and i can't link my armory because it wont let me because i'm new to the site :'( but im the only person on the armory with my name

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixiz View Post
    If you wouldn't mind.. would be awesome and I'd love you forever :3

according to rawr fully buffed I'm at 69,58508% crit chance, so that's not capped yet amirite?

and, what about the expertise? with that setup it puts me at 19.

Cheers!
    Alright... ran some simcraft stuff, it's all really close together tho. At 400.000 iterations, going with 1x 10agi+10hit ends up at 10543.2, 2x at 10543.7, 3x at 10543.9, 4x at 10543.8.

So the best setup has 4x 10agi+10crit, 3x 10agi+10hit, 8x 20arpen, 3x 34arpen and 1x nightmare tear. The socket bonuses that aren't taken are your weapon and saurfang ring (20/34 arpen in those).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-06-22 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Alright... ran some simcraft stuff, it's all really close together tho. At 400.000 iterations, going with 1x 10agi+10hit ends up at 10543.2, 2x at 10543.7, 3x at 10543.9, 4x at 10543.8.

So the best setup has 4x 10agi+10crit, 3x 10agi+10hit, 8x 20arpen, 3x 34arpen and 1x nightmare tear. The socket bonuses that aren't taken are your weapon and saurfang ring (20/34 arpen in those).
    This means its not that important to get exp capped, is it?

Thanks for helping me out so much already, really apreciated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by billybob10110 View Post
    Hey,great thread,looks like your helping alot of people.

I've been playing a feral druid since ICC came out,after switching through 4-5 other characters,this is the one I like. I am sitting at a 6035 GS, and doing about 13k dps on single target fights like Saurfang and Rotface.

[url]http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&cn=Layssa[url/]

I'm just trying to squeeze the last bit of dps I can out of whats available to me. My guild doesn't run 25 Hards,but we do do some 10 hards. I know I could use a H Saurfang ring,and/or the ring off dreamwalker 25,maybe gloves off rotface. I'm at 90% arpen with foodbuff,crit capped(74.60%). Any tips on how I could push a little more dps?
    Get rid of the hit gems and go 20/34 arpen in all. And change gloves enchant to 20hit. Looks good otherwise.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aixiz View Post
    This means its not that important to get exp capped, is it?

Thanks for helping me out so much already, really apreciated
    As long as you aren't crit capped, it isn't. At your gear lvl it's a bit of a balancing act between arpen, crit/agi and hit/exp. When you get some better gear it might be worth going full arpen gems, but you can't get high enough yet with this gear.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zykothepsycho View Post
    Armory is in my sig.

I'm getting the T10.251 headpiece soon, so I'll lose hit, and make icewalker the best enchant. Also, I realize I'm over the softcap for NES, but I'm hoping to replace that with WFS soon, or even DBW if I'm lucky.

After I get the 4p T10, should I go for Crying Moon or Vengeful Noose?
    Go for the belt; the idol should only be bought if you got nothing else to spend your emblems on, cause of it's long ramp-up time. On a couple of fights you don't want to use it at all cause you can guarantee the buff will fall off at least once, and building it back up gives it a lower average agility than the toc idol.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-06-22 at 02:29 PM.

I can't believe what just happened. Right after doing raid with the guild I joined a pug for VoA25. [Sanctified Lasherweave Legguards] dropped, and I was the only Feral druid in the raid group ... I think your mind will compensate for the rest. (I also got both of the items that dropped in VoA10, but that was for my off spec.) That just saved me 95 emblems, and I already have 134 of them. I guess it's on time to go on a shopping spree (or collecting spree, as that may suit it better).

Getting rid of what remains of T9 is obviously the way to go now. Switching out my legs with the T10 legs, and buy the helm? Should I after that buy the gloves and the belt? If so, in which order? I could need some help with the disbursement, as you can see. I am not so familiar with Rawr or SimCraft.

Considering my current gear; won't this be a tremendous DPS increase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodëy View Post
    Dear Mihir
    I'm pretty useless at spreadsheets/simcrafting and all that... but i'm curious as to the importance of hit/exp and the 4-set bonus
    I have Heroic Chestgauad of the Frigid Noose, and also Shadow Slayer's Cloak but swapping out what i currently have will drop my exp/hit by a bit and loose my 4-set bonus
    Also i was wondering if i would be better of using the scorpion trink over WFS would be better at my ArP level?
    I currenty usually only run 10mans seriously on my druid... so if you were going to give me items i should change too, please give me 10man/10man HM or easy boss's that 25man PUG's actually have chances of doing xD
    Just a note-my raid comp usually has 2 pallies(tank/holy and a ret) a resto druid/feral tank , ele/enh sham, 2priests(spriest and disc), a DK tank a mage and a lock if you wanted to know what possible buffs i'd have in raids and i use ArP food and endless rage flasks and i get the DK's hysteria.
    Cheers

Brodëy

P.S. If i got DBW then which trinks should i use?, and i can't link my armory because it wont let me because i'm new to the site :'( but im the only person on the armory with my name
    4T10 bonus is worth about 800 dps, so it's never worth dropping this (until cataclysm). I can't see what other cloak/trinket you were using so can't say much about that. Generally you only want to use yellow sockets for hit/expertise, and red sockets for arpen/agi. If you manage to get a DBW, get rid of the scorpion.

---------- Post added 06-24-2010 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marloss View Post
    I can't believe what just happened. Right after doing raid with the guild I joined a pug for VoA25. [Sanctified Lasherweave Legguards] dropped, and I was the only Feral druid in the raid group ... I think your mind will compensate for the rest. (I also got both of the items that dropped in VoA10, but that was for my off spec.) That just saved me 95 emblems, and I already have 134 of them. I guess it's on time to go on a shopping spree (or collecting spree, as that may suit it better).

Getting rid of what remains of T9 is obviously the way to go now. Switching out my legs with the T10 legs, and buy the helm? Should I after that buy the gloves and the belt? If so, in which order? I could need some help with the disbursement, as you can see. I am not so familiar with Rawr or SimCraft.

Considering my current gear; won't this be a tremendous DPS increase?
    Get the triumph non-set helm, the frost emblem belt and the frost emblem trinket (HWT). Together with the T10 legs this will increase your dps by at least 1500. After these 2 you could go for the T10 helm and hope for the LDW chest, or the saurfang gloves.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-06-24 at 09:58 AM.

Hey Mihir, one last question.

Which idols would you suggest for which fights in icecrown? Would be awesome if you could make a small list

Cheers!

Deleted
    Mutilation: Lady Deathwhisper, Gunship, Professor Putricide normal, Blood Prince Council, Valithria, Sindragosa phase 1, The Lich King

Crying Moon: Lord Marrowgar, Deathbringer Saurfang, Rotface, Festergut, Professor Putricide heroic (start on each ooze with rake), Blood Queen Lanathel (need to refresh rake 1/2 sec before the fear to keep the buff), Sindragosa phase 3.

That said, mutilation requires no attention at all, so if there's a lot going on around you, it will probably be best to use.

Hey
    This question isnt so gear related but i kno you have experience in H lk.
    My guild recently began attempting H LK and i am wondering as a feral cat what do u do about the ghouls.
    Shud i place swipe into my rotation or just maintain my normal single target dps rotation.
    Also, what kind of addons do you use?

Deleted
    Don't do anything about the ghouls. Noone should change their rotation to dps them, they should die as a side-effect of dpsing the LK, mainly by fury warriors/retridins/dks cause their single target rotation also includes aoe attacks. If you got a bit of spare energy in the phase transition then you can swipe them a few times, but you'll want to have a full energy bar when the first raging spirit spawns.

About my addons, I use way too many, that's for sure :P Can try to dig up a screenshot somewhere and name a few important ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrSLpvhko4A

xperl for player/target frames, grid (with various extensions like corner icons, edge icons, raidmarks, raid debuffs, etc), DBM, omen, ovale, ora3, sexycooldown, bartender, skada, tiptac, tidyplates, threatplates, omniCC, prat, MSBT, XLoot, (AVR/AVRE as well atm but they will stop soon :P)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-06-24 at 01:23 PM.

I have both normal WFS and HWT and using the NES, and gemed to ~40 below ArP softcap and use ArP food and most other gems are agil/crit,hit,exp or hit/exp with ArP dragons eye's.
    Which trinket combo is the best NES+WFS or NES+HWT? (and so i don't have to pester you again soon... DBW + HWT/WFS(normal)?)
    I had a few attempts on saurfang HM the other night trying different set-ups and they seemed pretty similar(don't have the time/patience to sit at dummies... so i do what little testing i do in raid xD plus saurfang's essentially a big dummie lol)and that the small fluctuations(<400dps) in dps would more likely be my inconsistency instead of which was top.
    I've seen lot's of cats saying HWT it really great.... but have seen a few cats using WFS over it recently - is this to do with the mongoose nerf?
    Now i'm curious as to which is actually theoretically better?

Also when i can reach what ArP level should i start gemming ArP instead of agility? seen alot of different numbers put out there, also seen a few different number for the crit cap, what is it really?
    In a day or 2 i will be getting t10 legs and replacing my t10 chest with the 10man Herioc LD chest which if i gemed all ArP could get me up to 984-1024 ArP unbuffed and should hopefully get DBW within the next 2weeks, is this enough to start going for ArP and drop NES?

One last thing. I don't know if you have a blood DK or not but the other night when the stars aligned and i got hysteria+pop'd berserk + had lust my DPS shot through the roof and the tanks couldn't keep up...i pulled aggro whenever their taunts dropped while all 3 buffs where up... is this my tanks being bads or should i not be popping all 3 at once? just like 2 at a time...?

Brodëy-Barthilas US

Thanks heaps in advance and soz for Wall of text =/
    Last edited by Brodëy; 2010-06-24 at 04:35 PM.

Hey, I was just wondering if I could get an opinion on my current gear set.

I currently have 264 tier gloves sitting in my bags and I also have a 264 Frigid Noose in there, and I was wondering if I should go with that or if I should go with heroic gloves of secrecy and a 264 tier chest.

I was also wondering if you had any idea which heroic tier piece I should buy first. I was thinking helm, but since I'm under exp cap, would it be better for me to go with legs?

I kind of have an idea of where I should be, but having a second opinion would make me feel 100x better with my decision.

muahahah found a work around for not being able to post links xD
    Armory is in my sig now
    I'm not crazy!, mother had me tested
    Brodëy
    Viduus

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Get the triumph non-set helm, the frost emblem belt and the frost emblem trinket (HWT). Together with the T10 legs this will increase your dps by at least 1500. After these 2 you could go for the T10 helm and hope for the LDW chest, or the saurfang gloves.
    Is that calculated with full raid buffs? I'm still not sure if I got it right, but I decided to play a little around in SimCraft, and, unbuffed, I found this to be a somewhat above 700 DPS increase. HWT+Noose is still, as you say, the biggest increase I can get from frost emblems right now.

When do you think I should drop NES and start gemming ArP? Assuming the upgraded gear, gemming ArP in all the red sockets would leave me at 864 ArP, while gemming pure ArP would leave me at 964 ArP. I guess it's not the time to do this yet, but do you know if there is any point in passive ArP where you should drop NES and start gemming for it?

Addendum: Before I posted this post I decided to run the same difference with raid buffs this time, and ended up with an increase of about 1150 DPS.

Deleted
    This is with raid buffs yes, including ICC zone buff. Doesn't make sense to calculate without them, as in a raid you will always have them :P

Generally, you should drop NES once you have 2 trinkets that are better than NES. So 2 out of DC / WFS / DBW / HWT / STS (sharpened twilight scale).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-06-25 at 09:27 AM.

Exactly. I just wanted to make sure that's what you did. :P

Oh, I thought it would be some specific point in passive ArP, but apparently it's not. Thanks a lot for all your trouble!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyrawr View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if I could get an opinion on my current gear set.

I currently have 264 tier gloves sitting in my bags and I also have a 264 Frigid Noose in there, and I was wondering if I should go with that or if I should go with heroic gloves of secrecy and a 264 tier chest.

I was also wondering if you had any idea which heroic tier piece I should buy first. I was thinking helm, but since I'm under exp cap, would it be better for me to go with legs?

I kind of have an idea of where I should be, but having a second opinion would make me feel 100x better with my decision.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...41;51923:51144
    Seems to be in favor of the rotface gloves.

Legs should be the first piece to be upgraded, since they improve both of your most important stats, chance to hit and arpen.

Hey, I have a question and hope maybe someone can give me some insight on what to do.

Since I am currently not logged out in Feral Gear I will just have to explain what my question is:

- 4PT10 264
    - no DBW (26 Runs and counting! *cry*)
    - hit / exp capped at 1100 ArP

So here's my question: I currently own 2 weapons (Tainted Twig of Nordrassiä (LK 10 nh) and Bloodfall (BQL 25 hc)). Normally I would say it is a no-brainer and choose Bloodfall, but since hitting the ArP cap seems to be #1 on a Ferals priority and TToN has 70 ArP (90 ArP more, but 1 socket less) more than Bloodfall, does this offset the massive drop in haste and FAP?

My two trinkets currently are 264 whispering fanged skull and 245 death's verdict - and again I see many players "downgrading" to 200 Banner of Victory in a desperate hail-mary to reach ArP Hardcap. Should I also go farm this trinket until I get my DBW?

Thanks for any advice you can give me

I'm numba 1 again mihir! now you just need hysteria and tricks so you can beat me!

So i just recently regem'd from the soft cap (735 with MJR) to an attempt at the hardcap I read on the EJ forums that if i can achieve over 1000 ArP(have 1148)i should do this and see a dps increase, but from every raid ive done so far this week it seems ive been losing dps actually. Im currently using Hersir's for the hit and increased ArP but I also have Distant land.Should I go back to the softcap until i can get closer to the hardcap or what?? I cant make a link to my armory because i just made this account >.<(my character is tehtree on the realm aegwynn) thanks in advance