Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will try to get it. but I'm like 4th in line for it, and we had the healer trinket 6x in a row now :P

Grunt
    Hey there Mihir. I'm a long time reader of your thread and loving it! And ofcourse the fact that your a Dutchie to makes it even more awesome;-)!
    But i'd like some insight on my character if that's possible. But since it's my first post I can't post any links yet, so on armory look for Ahungryseal it's the only char named like that, playing on the maelstrom.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Seal; 2010-08-18 at 09:34 AM.

Looks okay. You can easily get rid of those 2 hit/expertise gems tho, replace them with arpen so you get a bit closer to the hardcap. And mongoose should be replaced by berserking.

Grunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Looks okay. You can easily get rid of those 2 hit/expertise gems tho, replace them with arpen so you get a bit closer to the hardcap. And mongoose should be replaced by berserking.
    Alright, but with a dranei in my group i'll be on hit cap but i'll be a tad low on expertise. Isn't it better to be reaching for my expertise cap and going for my arp cap with food and flasks?
    Replacing mongoose as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Seal View Post
    Alright, but with a dranei in my group i'll be on hit cap but i'll be a tad low on expertise. Isn't it better to be reaching for my expertise cap and going for my arp cap with food and flasks?
    Replacing mongoose as we speak.
    arpen cap is more important than hit or expertise caps. flask should always be ap flask, since it's 180 ap vs 45 arpen on the elixir, and arpen never gets to 4x the value of ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Holydruid View Post
    Best possible feral specc, there is nothing better.
    Glyph of Maul?

improved leader of the pack instead of improved mangle?

---------- Post added 2010-08-18 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    No idea why that profile doesn't come up. I have it marked public and it comes up for me. My list includes the bracers, ring and trinket. The interesting difference is that Band of the Bone Colossus overtakes the rep ring as BIS now. I see you currently use that ring so I assume you agree with that.

One other question. Do you FB always with 5 combo points or do you use 4 combo points. I read someplace that if you have 4 combo points, it is better to FB then and follow it with a shred instead of using shred to get to 5 and then FBing since you will lose a bonus combo point on that shred roughly 70% of the time. Any thoughts.
    This is what I came up with: http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21604238
    Simcraft seems gives the best results with black magic and gemmed with agility until in rawr the crit chance + avoided attacks added together are as close to 77% as possible (0.20 + 76.75 = 76.95 for my setup). So an alliance setup could drop 30 hit in favor of 30 more haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    This is what I came up with: http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21604238
    Simcraft seems gives the best results with black magic and gemmed with agility until in rawr the crit chance + avoided attacks added together are as close to 77% as possible (0.20 + 76.75 = 76.95 for my setup). So an alliance setup could drop 30 hit in favor of 30 more haste.
    That's exactly what I came up (with different gemming since I am BS/alch). Any thoughts on FBing with 4 combo points instead of 5?

Haven't tried it myself but adjusting my simcraft profile to 4 instead of 5 CP required to FB, shows as a ~40 dps loss. Although the dps done by FBs goes up by 117, rake and rip dps both go down by 8, and shred dps by 141 due to more GCDs/energy being spent on FB.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2010-08-18 at 07:35 PM.

Good stuff. I remember reading a thread a while ago that proposed it was a dps increase since you weren't wasting the bonus combo point from critting. Thanks for this and good luck.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...las&cn=Rosgath

A couple of disclaimers that I'd like to point out about my character before anything.

1.) I'm primarily tank in our 10 ICC; but since our 25 ICC group has enough tanks I'm usually DPSing. If you'll notice my spec is designed specifically to be able to both tank and DPS efficiently, but I do lose out on a couple of DPS talents.
    1a.) If my gear is gemmed with Agi it's usually because it's used in both tank and DPS sets. I'm trying to get 2 fully separate sets, but it takes time.
    2.) I hate doing dailies with a passion so I'm usually poor. I know some of my gems are lower quality, but I can upgrade them.

Anyway, I quit a while back and now that I have high enough general gear quality to be brought along to ICC, I was wondering if I could get some advice from someone for what I should be itemizing for.

Edit: We usually have WAY too many druids in our raids (3-4 in 10 and 5-6 in 25) and when I'm not tanking myself we have other druid tanks so I rarely ever need to apply mangle excepting a few situations. Also we only run with 1 warrior tank in guild, so we also rarely ever have a major armor debuff.
    Last edited by Chrysanthemum; 2010-08-20 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Added buffs I run with

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...las&cn=Rosgath

A couple of disclaimers that I'd like to point out about my character before anything.

1.) I'm primarily tank in our 10 ICC; but since our 25 ICC group has enough tanks I'm usually DPSing. If you'll notice my spec is designed specifically to be able to both tank and DPS efficiently, but I do lose out on a couple of DPS talents.
    1a.) If my gear is gemmed with Agi it's usually because it's used in both tank and DPS sets. I'm trying to get 2 fully separate sets, but it takes time.
    2.) I hate doing dailies with a passion so I'm usually poor. I know some of my gems are lower quality, but I can upgrade them.

Anyway, I quit a while back and now that I have high enough general gear quality to be brought along to ICC, I was wondering if I could get some advice from someone for what I should be itemizing for.

Edit: We usually have WAY too many druids in our raids (3-4 in 10 and 5-6 in 25) and when I'm not tanking myself we have other druid tanks so I rarely ever need to apply mangle excepting a few situations. Also we only run with 1 warrior tank in guild, so we also rarely ever have a major armor debuff.
    If you got any rogues in the raid, there's no reason to not have the major armor debuff (it's a dps boost for themselves as well) so just slap them and tell them to expose armor.

I'd change your talent spec a little bit: looks like you missed improved motw for it's 2% stat increase, which is good for both tanking and dpsing. You can safely go down to 3/5 furor to get that, as furor is not really useful in pve.

I'm a bit confused about the stam+crit gem in your shoulders; going with a nightmare tear or just ignoring the socket bonus should be quite a bit better for both tanking and dpsing.

Sphere of Red Dragon's Blood should be replaced asap, it's awful for dps. Consider buying a darkmoon card: greatness (great for tanking as well) or farming a banner of victory to replace it.

Getting to 4 pieces of T10 should be your top priority; the 4 piece bonus is a massive upgrade for both tanking and dpsing, and much bigger than any single item upgrade you can get (so you probably shouldn't have bought that belt yet).

Try to replace any agi gems with arpen gems until you hit the scorpion-softcap (722), tho agi will pretty much always be a good 2nd option.

Hi mihir ,
    so like a month ago I had to join another guild which I had to reroll my alt druid as main. The thing is that before I joined this "new" guild I was mainly pugging 9/12 hc icc25 so upgrades were like coming slowly and I knew what to do if I get say X item. In the last 2 weeks I got 2-3 items which were a major change in stats compared to what I had before.

My druid's armory -> EU - Dòómfire - Sunstrider [Can't post links since I'm freshly registered]

Couple of items I have which aren't show on the armory :
    [Neck] - Wodin's lucky necklace
    [Boots] - Frostbitten Fur Boots [Heroic version]
    [Trinket] - Sharpened Twilight Scale [Norm version]

I wanna use the RS trinket which I got a couple of days ago but I'm confused about what combo of neck / boots I should use compared to what I have currently equipped. I was thinking to use Sindra neck + Frostbitten Fur Boots [Heroic version] and regemming all the yellow sockets which currently have arp to +agi+hit and the rest of the arp gems to agi to get back to the hard cap and not over it. I'm really confused what to use and which setup of gems and stuff to use. It is mainly because I got into a complete new world in short time and still a bit fishy about gemming and what to go for. Thanks for any tips suggestions etc given :].

Yep sounds good, that's what I'd do as well. You should be able to end up at 1402 arpen, 263 hit and 126 expertise. I can also recommend either going for black magic and crit cap, or going for berserking and haste (since haste increases berserking uptime, but not BM uptime). BM+crit cap seems to pull ahead very slightly in simcraft.

I ask myself why this isn't a sticky yet!

Seriously though, Mihir has been doing a great job for "ages" in this topic, and there's ALOT to learn in here for basically every Feral Druid.

First vote is in!

tnx <3

Second vote is in STICKY please

Hey Mihir,
    Just got my 4 piece and close to arp softcap. Just checking to see if you can point me in the right direction for the next upgrades. I was thinking LDW 10 belt, Marrow 10 cloak, and Marrow 25 boots.

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...irne&cn=Tagdan

Much appreciated and thanks.
    STICKY PLEASE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbfan33 View Post
    STICKY PLEASE!!!!!
    3 votes are in! I say go for 10 so the moderator's can't ignore us no longer...!

This should def be a sticky, Mihir's the man