Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like we're still in the need of votes, as this topic hasn't been sticky-fied yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Seems like we're still in the need of votes, as this topic hasn't been sticky-fied yet
    stay on topic please, begging/voting for sticky is not the way to get sticky :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    stay on topic please, begging/voting for sticky is not the way to get sticky :P
    After 49 pages and 970 posts it seems like it's the only way actually. But aye, I will repost once more when we're on 10!

Still 4/10 so far!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzelface View Post
    Mihir, thank you so much for this thread. I was wondering if you could take a gander at my fresh feral kitteh (won't let me post links).

US Server: Ghostlands; Character name: Draguile

I have 200+ emblems of triumph and 92 frost emblems right now and was thinking of making my first purchase on the t10 chest piece, although this breaks my T9 and it will most likely take me awhile to get next T10 piece. Thoughts? Are there any PVE pieces that also translate well into feral PVP (I have full wrathful offset with wrath and relent main set, 265 and 256 trinket)? Also, I have not yet been into ICC or TOC and was wondering where I should be trying to get into considering where I am. I try to do the dailys, the weekly and VOA for frost and T10 drop right now, but time is limited and trying to make sure when I play I am doing what is both fun and efficient.

Thanks a ton for any help
    Getting the T10 legs seems to be the best dps upgrade you can get atm out of the T10 pieces, and your 2nd piece should be the gloves (and getting the T9 shoulders so you keep the 2T9 bonus). But this might totally change when you get some more upgrades. Can't really advise you about pvp as I'm a total pvp noob :P With your gear you should be able to handle icc10, and you'll be totally fine in toc.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaekae View Post
    Mihir,

Hi - please take a look at my profile on US Server : Malfurion / Character name : Kaekae

I'm still missing 2x 277 tokens, 277 sindra neck, 277 gunship cloak & 284 oathbinder.

I'm currently 264 hit & 26 exp and armor pen capped with Hearty Rhino.

Am I gemming correctly? Should I for more haste?

Thank you!
    I'm not really a fan of using purple gems for dps, as the stamina doesn't do anything for you and the socket bonus generally doesn't make up for it compared to a red gem. Replacing a 34 arpen gem with a 34hit gem, a 2x20hit gems with a 2x20arpen gem and the 10arpen/15stam gem with a 20agi gem you go down to 1396 arpen, you trade 4 arpen and 6 hit for 16 agi.

You're also over the expertise cap, which isn't needed at all. You can safely drop at least 1 of those 10hit+10exp gems and get a bit more agility.

Don't worry about haste yet, going with black magic means you will want to get back to the crit cap first (aka in rawr get as close as you can to 77% crit raidbuffed). Only when you get to that you'll want start on haste.

Pfft, a sticky is the only way to go for this. Since this thread the amount of 'NEW' kitty's or struggling kitty threads has decreased.

As for help, was wondering if any gems were missplaced. I'm semi-aware of upgrades I should get, but honestly would be happy with only Marrowgar boots ilvl 277 .. sadly they haven't dropped for 8+ weeks now.

http://tinyurl.com/2vz6guv

Latest Saurfang HC kill dps was set at 16.6k without the ilvl 277 chest nor hit/exp caps. I guess what I'm mainly asking is, for my gear .. disregarding the fact I now have ilvl 277 chest .. is 16.6k good .. or should I be aiming for better on a boss like saurfang ?

My logs: http://tinyurl.com/2wu9jqg.

Cheers in advance Mihir.

Deleted
    Gems looks pretty okay.. you might see a small improvement by switching a few hit/expertise gems to agi, since you're a bit away from the crit cap atm (assuming your weapon is distant land hc with black magic, nightmare tear, 20arpen gem and 10agi+10hit gem).

Your logs look decent, tho there's a rip refresh and a couple of rake refreshes in there. Try to work on that

Deleted
    Hi Mihir and all fellow ferals.

I recently took up kittying full time after switching from my ret paladin. I feel I have a pretty good handle on the "rotation" and was really wanting to check with some more experienced folks if I had made any glaring mistakes and was performing to my full potential.

Here is my armory: Mswhiskerson - Ghostlands - EU

I can't post a link to a parse, but as an example, last evening I did 14.4k on Festergut heroic 25.
    Savage Roar uptime: 98.1%
    Rip uptime: 88.5%
    Rake uptime: 75.4%
    73 Shreds
    8 Ferocious Bites
    Fight length: 4:45

The gloves I have equiped were obtained last night, I was previously using T10 264 with a JC arp gem and the engineer haste enchant.

Would you say I am achieving a reasonable amount of DPS for my gear?
    Could I be doing better? If so, how?
    I often find myself refreshing Rake very early to get Savage Roar to stay up after sneaking in a questionable Ferocious Bite. Is this a bad habit to be getting into?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer me.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hi Mihir,
    what do you think I should do for better DPS?

Last saurfangDOn't look at other bosses because all they, but Marrowgar were killed with many fails, deahs and such..)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=5691&e=5880

My armoury:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...BF%D1%87%D1%83
    Last edited by 4yBaK; 2010-08-26 at 11:17 AM. Reason: wrong link
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Peak&cn=Keptox

I was wondering what i could change? As i slowly get more heroic pieces i know i can start swapping out ARP gems and start going for +20 agi gems again, but that would also mean i would have to start worrying about my hit/exp a bit more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Hi Mihir and all fellow ferals.

I recently took up kittying full time after switching from my ret paladin. I feel I have a pretty good handle on the "rotation" and was really wanting to check with some more experienced folks if I had made any glaring mistakes and was performing to my full potential.

Here is my armory: Mswhiskerson - Ghostlands - EU

I can't post a link to a parse, but as an example, last evening I did 14.4k on Festergut heroic 25.
    Savage Roar uptime: 98.1%
    Rip uptime: 88.5%
    Rake uptime: 75.4%
    73 Shreds
    8 Ferocious Bites
    Fight length: 4:45

The gloves I have equiped were obtained last night, I was previously using T10 264 with a JC arp gem and the engineer haste enchant.

Would you say I am achieving a reasonable amount of DPS for my gear?
    Could I be doing better? If so, how?
    I often find myself refreshing Rake very early to get Savage Roar to stay up after sneaking in a questionable Ferocious Bite. Is this a bad habit to be getting into?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer me.
    Hai!

A few things, why no nitro boosts? they're so awesome on quite a few fights, most notably lich king but also halion, putricide, etc. Your yellow gems should be pure hit/expertise (the ones in your gloves/belt/legs). And you might want to switch weap enchant to black magic. It's a really bad habit to clip rake, try to hold of on FBs a bit more and refresh SR early instead. It should increase your rake uptime as well as reduce clipping. You should aim for about 1 FB per minute, any more and you're very likely missing out on more important abilities that would've done more damage.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 4yBaK View Post
    Hi Mihir,
    what do you think I should do for better DPS?

Last saurfangDOn't look at other bosses because all they, but Marrowgar were killed with many fails, deahs and such..)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=5691&e=5880

My armoury:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...BF%D1%87%D1%83
    Hai!

A few things come to mind from your WoL: you clipped Rake a couple of times at the start, this should never happen! Try to make sure rake falls off before re-applying it. You mangled 5x during a 3m10 sec fight, this should be 4x. And you Raked at the end when the boss only had a few more seconds to live, try to only put rake when the boss can get all 3 ticks. You can install an addon like TimeToDie to help you determine how many seconds the boss will live with the current raid dps. Tho this doesn't always work since quite a few bosses "die" when they're on 1-4%.

About your gear; you're over the crit cap, so you might want to switch cloak enchant to haste. You can also change 2 34hit to 20hit gems, change 2 20 arpen to 34 arpen gems and put 2x 20hit gems in your boots to get that socket bonus.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Incendra View Post
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Peak&cn=Keptox

I was wondering what i could change? As i slowly get more heroic pieces i know i can start swapping out ARP gems and start going for +20 agi gems again, but that would also mean i would have to start worrying about my hit/exp a bit more.
    Correct. I think atm you would be better off with executioner on weapon, moving the nightmare tear to the blue socket in your weapon and putting 10agi+10hit gems in the yellow sockets in your chest/gloves/belt/legs. When you get a bit higher arpen/hit/exp on your gear you can go back to berserking and start gemming more agi+hit.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-26 at 01:10 PM.

Hello again!
    I'm having some math problems with critcap.
    So i've set "target level" in Rawr to 80, and critcap vs 83 lvl bosses (as shown on the character screen - vs 80 lvl creatures) is 77.8 with hit and exp caps, right?
    So i should aim for 77.8 -dodges and -misses in Rawr with target level 80?
    Rawr shows my current gear's crit is overcapped by 6.2%.

HOWEVER, Toskk's spreadsheet tells me i'm reaching critcap only with procs. And i'm like "wtf" =)
    Halp!

Armory
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Deleted
    The 77.8% is in game on your char sheet when there's a 3% crit debuff on the boss, so in rawr it would b e 80.8% when you set the target level to 80.

Nvm just killed heroic LK and looted my 284 polearm sooo =)
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Deleted
    Just a quick few questions, at what point does black magic become the best DPS enchant?

What gems should i put in my new distant land and new ring?
    Also, what weapon enchant should i be using?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ar&cn=Timerthy

Thanks,
    -Tim.
    Last edited by mmoc469339253f; 2010-08-26 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    Nvm just killed heroic LK and looted my 284 polearm sooo =)
    woo gz )

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Timerthy View Post
    Just a quick few questions, at what point does black magic become the best DPS enchant?

What gems should i put in my new distant land and new ring?
    Also, what weapon enchant should i be using?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ar&cn=Timerthy

Thanks,
    -Tim.
    black magic gets interesting when you're hit, crit and expertise capped, have a lot of ap, and don't have too much haste. you'll generally be arpen hard or softcapped as well at that point.

Put 20arpen gems in your weapon, chest and boots, and 10agi+10haste gems in the yellow sockets in your cloak and rings. Weapon enchant should be berserking, cloak enchant 22agi, boots enchant 16agi. With arpen food you should end up at 722arpen then, which is exactly the softcap for the NES.

Try to get rid of the victor's call trinket asap, it's really bad. Darkmoon greatness (agi) is a big upgrade for it, banner of victory is also better.

I just don't understand Rawr at all...

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&cn=Calvin

I have the needle scorpion thing too, and the t10.264 pants in my bank, didn't think they were worth putting on til I got a 4th piece.

Hi Mihir,
    Your advice was a big help last time, got a new question for you.
    http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...yto&gn=Molotov
    I’ve picked up a few upgrades last week and now having to itemise around the Crit cap.

What I’ve worked out so far:
    Taking my avoided attacks into account, my white crit cap is effectively 75.71%. Fully raid buffed in combat my character sheet is reporting 75.84% Crit.

I’ve just realised the character sheet probably doesn’t take into account the +3% crit debuff on target (heart of the crusader etc), is that correct? This would put me more than 3%over glancing blows cap.
    Also what have you found is the most accurate way to model gear setup? Simcraft? Rawr is easy to use, but I’m certain it’s giving me bad data around crit.

You can choose what raidbuffs you want in Rawr. I believe they are all enabled by default, including the +3% critbuff.

I was only using rawr earlier, but after playing around with simcraft in combination with Rawr I found that Rawr sometimes were off in it's rating.
    Example: According to Rawr Black magic was a 5 dps increase over Berserking, so I was using it. The other day I did a Simcraft using my current gear with Berserking and noticed Simcraft told me it was a 200 dps increase over Black Magic.

Of course, I do not know if simcraft was taking into account the increased chance of OoC-proccs with BM, but I assume it was.

Moral of the story: No idea, somehow it was lost on me while writing this post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post
    Hi Mihir,
    Your advice was a big help last time, got a new question for you.
    http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...yto&gn=Molotov
    I’ve picked up a few upgrades last week and now having to itemise around the Crit cap.

What I’ve worked out so far:
    Taking my avoided attacks into account, my white crit cap is effectively 75.71%. Fully raid buffed in combat my character sheet is reporting 75.84% Crit.

I’ve just realised the character sheet probably doesn’t take into account the +3% crit debuff on target (heart of the crusader etc), is that correct? This would put me more than 3%over glancing blows cap.
    Also what have you found is the most accurate way to model gear setup? Simcraft? Rawr is easy to use, but I’m certain it’s giving me bad data around crit.
    Correct. it also doesn't take into account that you want to know your crit vs a lvl83 boss. if you're hit/expcapped you need 77.8% on your char sheet + the 3% crit debuff on the boss to be capped.

Rawr is actually pretty good now with the new version (2.3.22), since they fixed the issue that it undervalued hit compared to simcraft. But simcraft remains the premier tool to get 100% reliable results, since you can set to use the exact rotation you are using yourself (too bad it's so hard to setup properly). I can take a look at your gear tomorrow, need sleep now :P

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    You can choose what raidbuffs you want in Rawr. I believe they are all enabled by default, including the +3% critbuff.

I was only using rawr earlier, but after playing around with simcraft in combination with Rawr I found that Rawr sometimes were off in it's rating.
    Example: According to Rawr Black magic was a 5 dps increase over Berserking, so I was using it. The other day I did a Simcraft using my current gear with Berserking and noticed Simcraft told me it was a 200 dps increase over Black Magic.

Of course, I do not know if simcraft was taking into account the increased chance of OoC-proccs with BM, but I assume it was.

Moral of the story: No idea, somehow it was lost on me while writing this post.
    The simcraft version that's on their site for download doesn't know about black magic. You'll need to check out the simcraft source and compile your own version to get the BM update I added a few weeks ago, or download my version (see my startpost for link).

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there Mihir and other fellow druids. About a week ago I've asked some advice and since that time i've gotten some good gear upgrades. My question would be i'm 254 hit at the moment and if i would swap out one more arp gem i'd be a tad over hitcap and a little under my arp cap. So should keep the hit i've got now and just neglect the 10 arp i will reach with food or go a bit under. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

I can't post any link yet. So if you search for Ahungryseal on EU armory it's the only one so it should be easy to find me!

Thanks in advance