Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    T10 would be the best to get in the end, but you have to realize that 4.0/cataclysm is coming in a couple of months, after which you will replace your T10/ICC gear within a few hours. As well as the 4T10 bonus being built into rake by default. So you probably should calculate how many badges you get per week and then see how many weeks it would take you to get 4 pieces of T10, and how long you can benefit from it from that moment till cataclysm hits.

I expect it'll be more worthwhile to replace your cloak and belt first, unless you clear both icc10 and icc25 every week, do all the weeklies, and do the daily heroic every day :P

About your current gear, you could easily get a few more/better socket bonuses by moving the nightmare tear to the blue socket in your boots, and putting 10agi+10haste gems in the yellow sockets in your helm/neck/shoulders/gloves/ring.

Thanks alot for the help and I agree I don't think i'll get the 4 t10 before 4.0/cata so I decided to go with the belt and changed up the gems you recommended thanks - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tmane&cn=Fatex

Is the shoulder enchant from the sons of hodir shoulder enchant a good increase to me? if so ill have to get some gold for it as those gems got me pretty low :P

Hodir exalted shoulder enchant is worth about 50 dps for you, and honored version is 35 dps. Also don't forget the belt buckle

Hodir exalted shoulder enchant is worth about 50 dps for you, and honored version is 35 dps. Also don't forget the belt buckle
    Yeh just put one on now thanks :P ill look into getting the shoulder enchant soon then

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Get+Well+Soon
    Just a quick question, I currently have heroic cryptmaker, and heroic DL. Would it be worth it to regem ArP again and use DL? currently stacking agil/haste. Since I switched to cryptmaker it seems my dps has been way lower than going from normal DL. Also, would lk normal weapon be better? I know heroic would be but we're still progressing in p2 =/
    Last edited by stevncolbear; 2010-09-16 at 03:33 AM. Reason: wrong link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&cn=Milkchan

I recently got hacked and baned. What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    You're a Death Knight, therefore you're a noob
    I'm not sure if this is a stereotype though. Can a stereotype be true?

Call blizzard, tell them what happened and ask if they can do anything? :P

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stevncolbear View Post
    Just a quick question, I currently have heroic cryptmaker, and heroic DL. Would it be worth it to regem ArP again and use DL? currently stacking agil/haste. Since I switched to cryptmaker it seems my dps has been way lower than going from normal DL. Also, would lk normal weapon be better? I know heroic would be but we're still progressing in p2 =/
    Yep. You can easily afford to gem some more arpen and go with DL H. Just put 20arpen gems in your rings and boots, put 10agi+10hit gems in the yellow sockets in your chest/belt/legs/weapon, and 20hit in the yellow socket in your gloves. With arpen food, you'll end up at exactly 1400 arpen again, but go up ~3% crit.

Don't touch the LK normal weapon, the feral ap loss alone makes it no option (~275 dps loss).
    Last edited by Mihir; 2010-09-16 at 08:53 AM.

bump. Don't want this helpful thread getting away off first page with the recent useless posts.

Quote Originally Posted by stevncolbear View Post
    heroric DL is 2nd best in slow only one better is HC LK weapon
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Newly dinged Kitty here...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&cn=Fnuggi

idol, belt, neck , cloak, trinket is my next upgrades :P

just wondering about yellow gems... is haste/agi a bad choice ? or should i do crit/agi if the bonus is worth it.

any advice is nice

agi+crit is better for now, you need to get your crit up to decent levels. Red sockets should be 20agi, yellow 10agi+10crit. The blue socket in your boots should have a nightmare tear. Boots enchant should be agi, since you're hitcapped. Gloves enchant should be agi. Get the idol asap, it's easily the best way to spend your triumph emblems.

Hey mihir, not sure of what to do atm - Im getting different suggestions from rawr and toskk's. Was hit, exp and arp capped a few weeks ago when I tried black magic (prior to newest rawr version coming out) and noticed an increase in dps (but didnt save the info so i dont remember how i did that.) Got the urge to use rawr again and to if i could max my char even more, ran optimizer and tried what it showed.

No matter what i do i can never get it to show 1400 arp; after using the optimizer it always shows between 1380 and 1398. Its also not showing how i would get back to hit and expertise capped, did i miss an option/s that i should have checked? As always any help from you is greatly appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Eq%C3%BAinox

Edit: If i change bracer gem to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in gloves to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in pants to 10 exp & 10 hit, boots to 10 agi & 10 haste / 10 exp & 10 hit, ring to 10 exp & 10 hit, and staff to 20 arp / 10 stats / 10 exp & 10 hit I should be at 242 hit 27 expertise and 1364 arp before food, but my crit will go down to 49.15% - how well would that work, and should i go back to black magic at that point or stay with berserking?
    Last edited by Epoch; 2010-09-18 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Hello.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&n=Shadowfang

I've just gotten DL H and wanted to redo my DPS set, but instead of doing it the way I've done so far I thought this would give me a better result.

I'm mainly tanking, so the pieces I got for cat is the pieces noone else wanted.

I got a few extra items that might be able to be changed in instead of those I currently got in:
    Gangrenous Leggings
    Toskk's Maximized Wristguards - Normal, but can be gemmed / enchanted for DPS
    Idol of the Crying Moon
    Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder - Gemmed for tanking
    Sanctified Lasherweave Shoulderpads - Gemmed and enchanted for tanking
    And of course the reason for posting: Distant Land H
    And got a bunch of Frost Emblems.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Shadowfang; 2010-09-18 at 09:34 PM.

hey mihir just posting to see if there is anything i can drastically change about my char with my current gear. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Restospec Any input is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time Sincerely, RestoSpec

Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    Hey mihir, not sure of what to do atm - Im getting different suggestions from rawr and toskk's. Was hit, exp and arp capped a few weeks ago when I tried black magic (prior to newest rawr version coming out) and noticed an increase in dps (but didnt save the info so i dont remember how i did that.) Got the urge to use rawr again and to if i could max my char even more, ran optimizer and tried what it showed.

No matter what i do i can never get it to show 1400 arp; after using the optimizer it always shows between 1380 and 1398. Its also not showing how i would get back to hit and expertise capped, did i miss an option/s that i should have checked? As always any help from you is greatly appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Eq%C3%BAinox

Edit: If i change bracer gem to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in gloves to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in pants to 10 exp & 10 hit, boots to 10 agi & 10 haste / 10 exp & 10 hit, ring to 10 exp & 10 hit, and staff to 20 arp / 10 stats / 10 exp & 10 hit I should be at 242 hit 27 expertise and 1364 arp before food, but my crit will go down to 49.15% - how well would that work, and should i go back to black magic at that point or stay with berserking?
    Going over the cap means that some of your stats are doing 0 for your dps, and since the different attributes are usually not that far from each other, it's often better to go slightly below the cap and use those extra stats on another attribute (like agi).

Since you're way above 230 hit I'm assuming you don't get a Draenei in your group?

I'd say trust in rawr and go with black magic, agi enchant on cloak, agi enchant on gloves, switch 2x34hit to 2x20hit, 1x20arpen to 34arpen, 1x 20arpen to 34agi and 1x10agi+10haste to 20hit.

Going down to 248 hit, 126 exp, 1398 arpen with food, and 73% crit vs lvl83.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoshPit13 View Post
    hey mihir just posting to see if there is anything i can drastically change about my char with my current gear. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Restospec Any input is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time Sincerely, RestoSpec
    You could gain a tiny bit of dps (no more than 5) by going with 20arpen gems in your boots/ring/bracer, 20hit in your neck/chest, and agi enchant on cloak.

Should be in the dps gear now, sorry for forgetting it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfang View Post
    Hello.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&n=Shadowfang

I've just gotten DL H and wanted to redo my DPS set, but instead of doing it the way I've done so far I thought this would give me a better result.

I'm mainly tanking, so the pieces I got for cat is the pieces noone else wanted.

I got a few extra items that might be able to be changed in instead of those I currently got in:
    Gangrenous Leggings
    Toskk's Maximized Wristguards - Normal, but can be gemmed / enchanted for DPS
    Idol of the Crying Moon
    Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder - Gemmed for tanking
    Sanctified Lasherweave Shoulderpads - Gemmed and enchanted for tanking
    And of course the reason for posting: Distant Land H
    And got a bunch of Frost Emblems.

Any help would be appreciated!
    While you're still using NES there's not much to change in your gear/gems (since you'll be stuck at the softcap). Only thing I'd change is to go with haste enchant on your cloak, since you are at the crit cap, and moving the nightmare tear to your DL H. Just keep at 715 arpen and 257 hit, and put the rest of your gems towards agi, with berserking on weapon.

Just picked up a DBW last night and been toying with enchants/gems/gear to find a good mix of hit/exp while staying ArP capped.

My main spec was Resto forever so most all of my Feral gear is either from off-spec rolls or 10-mans. I also have numerous other Feral pieces in my bank.

Any advice is appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...argath&cn=Pujo
    Last edited by Pujo; 2010-09-21 at 10:38 PM.

Ty for the help! I found the issue in rawr...i didnt select all the gems...lol fml.

Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by Pujo View Post
    Just picked up a DBW last night and been toying with enchants/gems/gear to find a good mix of hit/exp while staying ArP capped.

My main spec was Resto forever so most all of my Feral gear is either from off-spec rolls or 10-mans. I also have numerous other Feral pieces in my bank.

Any advice is appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...argath&cn=Pujo
    You could switch a few gems around to optimize socket bonuses; if you put 20arpen gems in your rings and go with 40arpen food, you can put 10agi+10hit gems in the yellow sockets in your chest/gloves/belt/legs. You can also go with agi enchant on gloves to get a bit higher on crit (crit's more important than hit for you since you are still some ways from the crit cap).

Call blizzard, tell them what happened and ask if they can do anything? :P

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 10:06 AM ----------

Yep. You can easily afford to gem some more arpen and go with DL H. Just put 20arpen gems in your rings and boots, put 10agi+10hit gems in the yellow sockets in your chest/belt/legs/weapon, and 20hit in the yellow socket in your gloves. With arpen food, you'll end up at exactly 1400 arpen again, but go up ~3% crit.

Don't touch the LK normal weapon, the feral ap loss alone makes it no option (~275 dps loss).
    Is it really such a dps loss? I never had H DL, and I currently use the regular LK weapon (upgrade from Lightborn Spire, haha!).
    I haven't been tempted to roll on the H DL either (I'm pretty sure others in my guild would have a much bigger upgrade from it), but I might if no one else is interested in it, just to test this for myself.

On a side note, I have seen lots of kitties--who do very well for themselves--gem for a lot of hit. I myself find myself gemming for more hit than I'd like to (though I try to go for some 10 man H loot with hit for sidegrades). Yet, whenever I talk to other cats about this, I find they all have different opinions and support for that opinion. So, I feel I'd ask here:
    Is gemming for hit alright, provided your ArP stays near the cap? Or is it not worth the risk of missing? Please back up your decision, I'd really like to read it. I'm such a sucker for good debate.