Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    okay thanks, ill forge back to the hit cap and see how i fare this week.

Edit: Does anyone know why simcraft would have been telling me to stack more hit to increase my dps (and then siming me higher when i did it)?
    Use rawr and customise it correctly. Also have a go at mew but that is more of a simulator more than an optimiser. Just make sure you configure rawr correctly before using the data.

B) When I questioned this my guild leader told me that the hit crap threshold for white attacks was higher then the 8% for special attacks.
    This is true only when you're dual wielding (i.e. rogues, fury warriors, enhancement shaman, dual-wield DKs and the cap for it is at 27%).

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 01:01 PM ----------

okay thanks, ill forge back to the hit cap and see how i fare this week.

Edit: Does anyone know why simcraft would have been telling me to stack more hit to increase my dps (and then siming me higher when i did it)?
    No idea. Stacking more hit above 8% shouldn't have had any major effect on the outcome of your dps (and if you took away hit from other stats like haste or mastery, it should have decreased it). If you're asking why it gave a positive value to the stat weight for hit, so does Mew and it just needs interpreted correctly. If you are at a cap (hit/exp) instead of stacking more of it to determine the dps gain, it takes away some of it and determines the dps loss. That stat weight for hit (when you're at the cap) will tell you how much dps you will lose for each hit rating you lose.

The only thing I can think of that would increase your dps (very marginally however) while beyond the hit cap is that FFF is based on spell hit; it would miss less, getting the armor debuff up more reliably. How much of a dps increase did you see going from 8% to 10%?

Deleted
    I figured it out....I just updated my simcraft and it seems to have stopped recomending hit, I dunno why it was stuck on that. But i've reforged away and it all seems to be fine now :P thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    This is true only when you're dual wielding (i.e. rogues, fury warriors, enhancement shaman, dual-wield DKs and the cap for it is at 27%).

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 01:01 PM ----------

No idea. Stacking more hit above 8% shouldn't have had any major effect on the outcome of your dps (and if you took away hit from other stats like haste or mastery, it should have decreased it). If you're asking why it gave a positive value to the stat weight for hit, so does Mew and it just needs interpreted correctly. If you are at a cap (hit/exp) instead of stacking more of it to determine the dps gain, it takes away some of it and determines the dps loss. That stat weight for hit (when you're at the cap) will tell you how much dps you will lose for each hit rating you lose.

The only thing I can think of that would increase your dps (very marginally however) while beyond the hit cap is that FFF is based on spell hit; it would miss less, getting the armor debuff up more reliably. How much of a dps increase did you see going from 8% to 10%?
    It seemed to be better by a small but noticeable amount but that could be because I was just slacking in the first week or just getting used to the encounters. I'll wait till I see my WoL for this week and compare to last week.
    Last edited by mmoc8c543d8fa8; 2011-12-12 at 11:02 PM.

It seemed to be better by a small but noticeable amount but that could be because I was just slacking in the first week or just getting used to the encounters. I'll wait till I see my WoL for this week and compare to last week.
    I mean, what dps increase did SimCraft report for going from 8% to 10% hit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    I mean, what dps increase did SimCraft report for going from 8% to 10% hit?
    Minimal but it was still there, perhaps maybe 500dps (i keep reforging until i feel its fully maxed)

Dear Mr.Mihir,

could you please help me increase my deeps, thanks in advance.

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/goldrinn/Odahz/advanced

I made little log on LFR:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9tlwm7di4vslzasa/

PS: evil thingy doesnt let me post links D:<

Quote Originally Posted by Odahz View Post
    Dear Mr.Mihir,

could you please help me increase my deeps, thanks in advance.

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/goldrinn/Odahz/advanced

I made little log on LFR:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9tlwm7di4vslzasa/

PS: evil thingy doesnt let me post links D:<
    help plz

I need to improve :~~

just wondering if i should stick with mastery or go haste Sarkwen Kul Tiras (US) also belt of hidden keys over belt of flayed skin?

So im not 100% if i got my reforging right been tanking most of this expansion but my guild wanted me to go cat for DS im normally doing about 20-25k on most bosses but not sure if i should be doing higher

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a5ine/advanced
    Last edited by gearhead417; 2011-12-25 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    Looking for some help on my feral kitty, been told numerous things on reforging and gems, wanted your opinion on my kitty.

Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...moose/advanced

Only pulling an average of 20k on target dummy, i feel it should be a lot higher.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2011-12-25 at 08:25 PM.

Hello Mihir,

Long time reader, first time poster.
    Might have missed something. Please check:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Keeyrah/advanced
    No Leg Tokens yet. Mangle glyph is for Ultraxion only. Using Berserk instead normally.

@ Razorback.

Cloak 22 AGI

Cap expertise to 26, see you capping hit already. 20k on dummy is fine if you DPS for 7 mins (2 beserkers).

Rest looks fine, cant see anything. Checked gear and specs/glyphs.

Keeyra@

Everything looks fine. GL on weapon and shoulder upgrade from Morchok Nothing to add here.

Deleted
    Dear Mihir,

Im ur fanboi and now i am here to ask for your help!
    I really need your help with reforging my gear. What stats are best these days?
    You, paragon kitty and ensidia kitty all reforge differently so i am confuced!

it says i cant make links but if you use 10 sec on looking for Cyndralieth on Outland EU i would be so greatfull!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndra View Post
    Dear Mihir,

Im ur fanboi and now i am here to ask for your help!
    I really need your help with reforging my gear. What stats are best these days?
    You, paragon kitty and ensidia kitty all reforge differently so i am confuced!

it says i cant make links but if you use 10 sec on looking for Cyndralieth on Outland EU i would be so greatfull!

Thanks!
    I'm not as boss as Mihir but i can tell you that your gear looks just fine to me, but you should try using Mew or Rawr to see whats best for your gear setup.
    See you around outlandish druid
    Last edited by xrayEU; 2011-12-28 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    @ Razorback.

Cloak 22 AGI

Cap expertise to 26, see you capping hit already. 20k on dummy is fine if you DPS for 7 mins (2 beserkers).

Rest looks fine, cant see anything. Checked gear and specs/glyphs.
    Thank you for the help, although could i ask why we should cap expertise? was reading around, after been capped on hit/exp and was told its only better if you have 4 pc T12. Hit remained as i forgot to reforged out of it, but i noticed a dps increase when going to more mastery. Just wondering what's the case with exp, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Thank you for the help, although could i ask why we should cap expertise? was reading around, after been capped on hit/exp and was told its only better if you have 4 pc T12. Hit remained as i forgot to reforged out of it, but i noticed a dps increase when going to more mastery. Just wondering what's the case with exp, that's all
    Capping hit/expertise is first of all very easy this tier, without even aiming for it. First reason why you might aswell. I belive with expertise from tier gloves, belt and tier leggings your easly over the 780 expertise?

Now, hit/expertise capping helps on making your rotation easiere/smoother. It greatly helps on AOE, and you could proboaly think of other things to.

I guess its still your own choise, but I for sure wouldent wanna go without capping this tier.

ok so after reading a few different post i have a few questions,

why are alot of people going for the hit/exp cap. as a feral cat if we miss we get our energy back and ive been running with 5% - 6% hit for some time now and never had a problem with my dps, also their is alot of arguing going back and forth on haste > mastery and mastery > haste on different forums...

i have spent alot of gold reforging and playing around with my stats for hours on end, using different Sims and everything else, i have noticed until i got my 2 pc T13 i was doing better dps going with haste over mastery but recently i reforged for mastery and noticed about a 2 - 3k dps increase with my 2pc t13, and like i said im personally not having problems with dps as i am the lowest geared dps in my raid team and i destroy them on dps/dmg on almost every fight besides when i have to go boomkin for warmaster since we are melee heavy.

so if anyone has any input on this pls let me know, im curious to try and get some real solid answers so maybe it can inform me even more on feral cats or even if its just to help our new feral cat members who are looking to dominate the charts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatehealing View Post
    ok so after reading a few different post i have a few questions,

why are alot of people going for the hit/exp cap. as a feral cat if we miss we get our energy back and ive been running with 5% - 6% hit for some time now and never had a problem with my dps, also their is alot of arguing going back and forth on haste > mastery and mastery > haste on different forums...

i have spent alot of gold reforging and playing around with my stats for hours on end, using different Sims and everything else, i have noticed until i got my 2 pc T13 i was doing better dps going with haste over mastery but recently i reforged for mastery and noticed about a 2 - 3k dps increase with my 2pc t13, and like i said im personally not having problems with dps as i am the lowest geared dps in my raid team and i destroy them on dps/dmg on almost every fight besides when i have to go boomkin for warmaster since we are melee heavy.

so if anyone has any input on this pls let me know, im curious to try and get some real solid answers so maybe it can inform me even more on feral cats or even if its just to help our new feral cat members who are looking to dominate the charts.
    I think it depends more on your gear, i've seem a lot of kittys still using 4T12 and hit/exp and haste pull ahead with that gear.

I defiantly noticed a slight DPS increase when reforging into mastery with 4T13 over hit/exp cap, it's not very much though 1-2k maybe 3k max.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/galyx/simple

Just wondering if i'm doing it right. Hit 85 on 12/27/2011 so this is what I'm at so far.