Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    Hi Vyncent,

there's no need to excuse yourself for posting here. Let's look at your gear and talents...

First your talents. What do you want to do? DPS? Tank? Both?

Here's an example for a Cat PvE spec: http://wowtal.com/#k=-etAhIDYY.bqj.druid.

The point in Nurturing Instincts (NI) can be put into Infected Wounds (IW) or Brutal Impact (BI) but NI is very helpful for survival while IW and BI are very situational. Also I didn't distribute all talent points. The remaining 4 points should be put into NI, IW, BI or Perseverance (preferably NI and Perseverance, if you need to fill a special role like slowing specific adds or interrupting something important you should consider moving points from Perseverance or Primal Madness into IW or BI).

Now to a Bear spec example: http://wowtal.com/#k=-wZhLJW7d.bqj.druid.

Some of these talents are not mandatory. For more information I recommend the bear guide.

Last but not least let's an example for a hybrid Cat-Bear-PvE-Spec: http://wowtal.com/#k=-wlWgCRgd.bqj.druid.

A hybrid spec is basically a Bear spec that trades some survivability for Cat damage. You can find some information about hybrid specs within the Bear and the Cat guides.

Now your gear. It looks like you want to play a Cat (after looking at the way you gem, reforge and enchant your items). So I'm just talking about improving your gear for a Cat spec. Therefore you should use the Attack Power/Crit leg enchant. The Stam/Agi leg enchant is for Bear or hybrid spec. Boots: 35 Agi is better than 50 Mastery. Don't bother about reforging into Crit, Haste or Mastery (but for a hybrid spec you should go for Mastery). The differences between them are to small to actually be notifiable. Try to get close to 8% Hit (961 Hit Rating) and 26 Expertise (781 Expertise Rating). Points above those caps are wasted (You should reforge your chest differently: Exp->Hit instead of Crit->Hit). Try to get a second set bonus next (either 2T12+2T13 or 4T13). For upgrades using Valor Points: Kyroptiric Sigil is probably the biggest increase per Point right now. If you can't afford buying the VP boots with gold buying them with VPs is also a good option.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Thank you so much for your input. Actually since your post some changes have occurred. I have changed the reforge on the chest as you indicate, and do have the 35 Agi enchant on my boots. I currently also have now got 3 pieces of the 384 gear...T12?...and am working on the VP's to get the Sigil and will work towards the boots as well. I do realize that my worst offense is that I do not keep my DoT's up as much as I need to, but am working on correcting that as I continue to learn more about my Druid. I am indeed leaning towards Feral Cat, and have for over 6 years, but have found it so hard to find info...Didn't even learn about Elitist Jerks until about a year ago, and most of the improvements I have made have been from running the PTR's either for the patches or the Cata Expansion where mistakes are expected, and trying find more how to improve my abilities. Some help has been coming from my son-in-law, although he has a druid, as does my daughter they both lean towards Balance, which I am still trying to figure out...lol... If nothing else, I am determined and refuse to give up... Your input is very much appreciated, and if there is anything else I need to change with my current setup, please let me know.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...od/Elta/simple

As for the Talents, I long ago read your guide, and found that except for a couple of alterations, I was very much spec'ced as your link shows. Thanks again for your time and help!

Honestly, I could not tank if my life depended on it at the moment, as I do not know the first thing about it. As a result, I rarely ever do so, except in extreme cases.
    Last edited by Vyncent; 2012-02-03 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Additional Note

What addons do you use to track your dots/debuffs? If you are tracking them properly but have issues making decisions try using an addon like Ovale. I use Leafkiller's script with some modifications (though mostly for bear) but it is great for cat as well. Obviously playing without it will be better but it will help you play decently well until you outgrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    What addons do you use to track your dots/debuffs? If you are tracking them properly but have issues making decisions try using an addon like Ovale. I use Leafkiller's script with some modifications (though mostly for bear) but it is great for cat as well. Obviously playing without it will be better but it will help you play decently well until you outgrow it.
    I'm using TellMeWhen. i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    At the moment, except for Mage Nuggets which I use for my mages, I do not really use an addon for following my rotation. This is mostly due to the fact that I am on an old computer and a poor WiFi connection. As a result, entering a raid, especially a 25 man, I have to turn almost everything including DBM off to keep the computer even marginally functional during the encounters. This should change in the near future, hopefully, as my situation will be changing over the next several months and I look to get my own hook up for Internet access, and possibly either my old Quad Core computer upgraded, or a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by cripez View Post
    I've been progressing thru 25man heroic now. My guild has downed Morchok, Yor'sahj, Zon'ozz and hagara Heroic (Ultraxion at 6%).

Im currently going for : Hit/Exp cap>Mastery>Haste>Crit

Im not satisfied with my dps at all.. 33k efficent dps at ultraxion 25man hc. Im pretty sure that i should be able to pull alot more with my gear.

These logs is the fights when i pulled most dps.. 33k and this is from tonights raid.

Any help at all is appreciated, Thanks
    In addition to what Furtality said, I think your biggest mistake is underusing Tiger's Fury. In the first link (4:00 attempt) you used it four times, in the second link (5:32 attempt) you used it five times. Using TF on cooldown will get you an additional (compared to what you're doing now) ~60 energy and one free ravage every minute.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Hi there was wondering if you can check my druid out always been a tank but thought ill try a bit of dps i think all my gear is enchanted and gemmed right but a little confussed in what my reforges should be like did a LFR today and was average of about 28k dps and higher on some fights over all i was top in the whole raid
    Many thanks

Char is warspike on outland eu cant link armory
    Last edited by mmoc3081933dfc; 2012-02-09 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Typo

Reforges dosent matter much Warspike. But I recommed cap hit and expertise always (960 hit, 780 expertise). From then on it depends on fight, play-style, role and other things.

So AGI>hit/exp caps>Haste=mastery>crit. No big difference.

Edit: Fix shoulder enchant, try get HC Rhyolith FL cloak or just valor, get the crafted bracers, and legs 2x 40 AGI gems. Rest looks fine (spec glyphs and so on, just fix reforges)
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-02-09 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for the input yeah going to get valor cloak this week and shoulder enchant will be fixed when i get home im at 25 exp should i go for a little more and aim for 27 and legs i never seem to win

Hello,

sorry if i go a bit of topic but i would like to be sure, when we have 4P T13 set for ferals, should we always run out, use ravage and then tigers fury and use ravage again or should we just use tigers fury and ravage without runing out of range to charge back in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gardner View Post
    Hello,

sorry if i go a bit of topic but i would like to be sure, when we have 4P T13 set for ferals, should we always run out, use ravage and then tigers fury and use ravage again or should we just use tigers fury and ravage without runing out of range to charge back in?
    The only time you should be using feral charge is on warmaster melee ads after a charge.

so you are saying its not worth runing out use charge, ravage and then tigers fury to get a second ravage?

Deleted
    Yes, you're better off staying on the target and keeping your rotation going, most fights don't even allow for you to run out and in all the time.

FC and Ravage on cooldown where possible, it's free, hits harder than Shred, usually provides 2cps and almost always guarantees an extra FB weave pre-60%

i also think its worth, ravage does hit more than a shred and to run out and charge back in you only miss a few auto attacks but for that you get 1 aditional ravage. If you can run out, lets say 3 sec befor tigers fury is off cooldown would probable be the best since you get back a soon as you have to refresh rake and with an aditional ravage you will probbale have 4 cp you can spend for something.

But its true you have to get used to runing in and out, i myselfe havent mastered that yet and it confuses me a bit sometimes.

Deleted
    I can't think of any fights in DS that would allow for it.

There are obvious times when it's possible such as switching to a blob you can FL or on the claws on zon'ozz or on the ads in hagara and blackthorn but other then that its just not viable when dps'ing the boss.

well basicly as i see it, you can run out and charg back in any fight that doesnt require of you to be all the time at a specific spot to do something. I was doing it in heroic morchock, me and the tank were soaking the dmg but when he wasnt doing the stomp and my tigers fury was of cd i could run out, charge, ravage, tigers fury and ravage again.

Quote Originally Posted by gardner View Post
    well basicly as i see it, you can run out and charg back in any fight that doesnt require of you to be all the time at a specific spot to do something. I was doing it in heroic morchock, me and the tank were soaking the dmg but when he wasnt doing the stomp and my tigers fury was of cd i could run out, charge, ravage, tigers fury and ravage again.
    It can be done but it's not viable (as stated earlier) because it causes dps loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

I'm having a hard time doing good dps as kitty on warmaster blackhorn. Every place I read says to keep rake and rip rolling on 3 targets, and they also say to use rake at 5cp only. I can't seem to make that happen. Do I just mangle one add, then rake, then rip whatever combo points I have and move on? A little help would be greatly appreciated

If this helps, I am hit/exp capped for the adds, then going mastery > crit > haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    I can't think of any fights in DS that would allow for it.

There are obvious times when it's possible such as switching to a blob you can FL or on the claws on zon'ozz or on the ads in hagara and blackthorn but other then that its just not viable when dps'ing the boss.
    Actually, FC is easily used on Morchon and Hargara. In Morchon (?sp) you are drawn in and then forced to run behind the spikes that pop up to get away from the blood, when the spikes go down, it is a perfectly good opportunity to FC and Ravage. On Hargara, you have to leave her in the center of the platform to deal with the lightening and the ice spikes. Once finished you get back into combat with her a lot faster with FC and Ravage that just simply running back in. If your tanks are decent they are already back in both cases and have the aggro to allow this to be done. Most of the other fights in DS DO make it near impossible to do this on something like a regular basis unless you are really good and keeping your rotation through out the fight.

Deleted
    Agreed. FC can be effectively used on all DS fights except Ultraxion..

Morchock: Charge back in after black blood phase, and a couple of times in between the black blood phases as welll
    Zon'ozz: get to adds quickly and then back to boss quickly.
    Yor'sahj: Oozes, and can be used during any non-red phases as well
    Hagara: great for getting to her after lightning/frost phases end, also can be used to get to crystals in frost phase
    Ultraxion: cannot be used
    Blackhorn: Charge to sappers, and also to get back on the adds after they charge.
    Spine: Charge the amalg or a blood right before the amalg blows up to get a free ravage on the tendon. Can also be used 2x on each amalg if used on cooldown.
    Madness: Great for getting on the Parasites quickly, or to get to the adds in the last phase. You're not using it on cooldown here, but you ARE using it on some critical parts of the fight where burst damage is most important.