Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Mihir's "Fix my Feral DPS Gear" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrewid
    I'm interested to see what you think about my gear set up... i'm not sure if i've logged out on my DPS set/spec tankin heroic in cat gear/tank spec make for a bit more fun...

Things i know i need to change is lower my exp... plan on doing this via festerguts 10 man neck to switch my cloak for the badge arm pen one... and/or maybe get lucky on the BOE melee Hit neck...

armory is in my sig... tell me what you think tho... oh i'm eating agi food with atpwr flask for raid... raid buffs get me to about 13k Atpwr with about 64% crit..

PS.. I get hit cap'd with Ally 1% HP party buff
    I can definately recommend switching to arpen food. It's extremely easy to farm (just run around north of warsong hold in bearform spamming swipe and in 5 mins you have 60 rhino meat).

If you move your nightmare tear to your weapon, you can put 3x 20arpen in your chest which would net you some more arpen as well, tho this might not be an option if you use that chest for tanking as well. You could switch to icewalker on boots to make up for the loss in hit, as well as changing the orange gem in your pants to agi/hit.

A good way of getting rid of some exp in favor of arpen is switching the festergut ring for the triumph emblem ring. Frost emblem cloak would also be a good upgrade.

3rd option would be to drop 2 points in primal precision, and put them in something like feral aggression instead (youre easily capped even without precision).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebuh
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328
    With a quick look I realized you had the Nightmare gem in your helm, put a 20 Arpen in that and put the nightmare in your weapon's blue socket. Your helm has a red socket bonus, you would gain the weapon's socket bonus with keeping the helms.
    I agree with Voodoo328. Other than that, you could consider switching your yellow sockets to 20arpen as well, if you don't mind going a bit below the hit/exp caps.
    If you do that, you should move the nightmare tear to your pants instead of your weapon, since the bonus is the same.

Oh, and try to replace herbalism with a useful profession :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by raphi
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328
    Glyphs should be SR, rip, shred. Replace mangle with shred.
    Since you're unable to get over 1100 arpen atm, it's probably a dps increase to socket your yellow sockets with agi+haste gems, and move the nightmare tear to your weapon.

Skinning could be replaced by JC (or BS) to gain some more arpen, which would be about 75 more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonRagewind
    I've been feral for quite some time, but at the current moment i'm incredibly confused of which stats to take -.-

I've checked EJ for multiple times and thought they have alot it doesn't help much.
    My raiding allows me only to a certain point (up to sindragosa) and take in account i'm very unlucky with drops :P

Anyway, here's the armorly link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lrogg&cn=Znarf

I really just need some help on the gear and i'd be in your debt for it

Thanks in advance for the help provided
    you should go back to the soft cap by gemming a few gems with agi so you can get closer to the crit cap. if you get some more passive arp on your gear and another trinket to replace NES you could start going to full arp (you'd hit 70% if you did it now, i'd say hit at least 80-85%)

edit: feral aggression is not a very good talent for druids (unless you're a bear that has no one else to demo roar) and you should have imp mangle at the very least, imp leader would also be more effective than FA

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    you should go back to the soft cap by gemming a few gems with agi so you can get closer to the crit cap. if you get some more passive arp on your gear and another trinket to replace NES you could start going to full arp (you'd hit 70% if you did it now, i'd say hit at least 80-85%)

edit: feral aggression is not a very good talent for druids (unless you're a bear that has no one else to demo roar) and you should have imp mangle at the very least, imp leader would also be more effective than FA
    I think i could reach 85% passive arp by switching with some pieces of gear i have in bank, but i don't know if going to for the 85% arp would be a goo d dps improvement.

Concerning the talents,
    For the imp. mangle and imp. leader i have a bear tank in raids who does it for me, so np :P
    That leaves me with enough points for feral aggression without losing anything important.

Deleted

Altho the cryptmaker has nice arpen and hit on it, the loss of agi compared to an agi oriented weapon is not worth it in my opinion. I'd even use Twin's Pact/Hellion Glaive heroic over it, not to mention Distant Land/Bloodfall/Nordrassil.

Concerning your gemming, if you don't mind dropping below the hit/exp caps a bit, you can get very close to the arpen cap by changing the gems in your chest to arpen and moving the nightmare tear to legs or boots.

/Looks at EVERYONE's wep .. > All have Freaking Distant land 264 / + .. Shaft pisses me off ;/

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zune&cn=Planky

Averaging around 10k on Saurfang .. I feel I should be doing more when I see rogues popping 11k easy. I know rogues are expected to do that kind of dps, but still. Just wondering if I've overlooked something.

( Oh yeah, sadly I'm the mangle bot )

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonRagewind
    I've been feral for quite some time, but at the current moment i'm incredibly confused of which stats to take -.-

I've checked EJ for multiple times and thought they have alot it doesn't help much.
    My raiding allows me only to a certain point (up to sindragosa) and take in account i'm very unlucky with drops :P

Anyway, here's the armorly link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lrogg&cn=Znarf

I really just need some help on the gear and i'd be in your debt for it

Thanks in advance for the help provided
    First of all, you got the scorpion, so you should drop your arpen to like 715 (assuming you use rhino food, you'd need 675 arpen on gear). Move your nightmare tear to the blue socket in your weapon and fill all yellow sockets with 10agi+10crit. The remaining red/blue sockets should have a mix of 20agi and 20arpen gems.

Your boot enchant can be switched to icewalker for a small dps boost.

Herbalism isnt really useful for raiding, you should replace this with something like JC.

Your gear is pretty much on the edge between softcap and hardcap.. if you bought the trinket and belt from frost emblems, you could drop the scorpion, fill all sockets with 20 arpen (except for the nightmare tear), and see about 100 dps increase.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ThePackness
    I'm almost at the hit cap (need like 30 more hit) and is gemmed agi/arp. I was wondering if I should get myself a Hit gem to reach the cap and how big a difference it would make? Another question, I got 4,75% expertise, should I possibly also go for upgrading that to the recommended cap? I am not gonna take the chance trying it out, but if you know it would increase my dps. My Arp is on 58% atm, crit 61% and Atk 9000.
    It's quite hard to say anything useful without seeing all your gear. But with your low crit rate, it's unlikely that it's worth it going for hit cap, and you should probably get more agi instead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Plankeh
    /Looks at EVERYONE's wep .. > All have Freaking Distant land 264 / + .. Shaft pisses me off ;/

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zune&cn=Planky

Averaging around 10k on Saurfang .. I feel I should be doing more when I see rogues popping 11k easy. I know rogues are expected to do that kind of dps, but still. Just wondering if I've overlooked something.

( Oh yeah, sadly I'm the mangle bot )
    I'm guessing you adjusted your spec purely for saurfang or something? since you dont have feral swiftness or feral instinct. Instinct can be debated, but feral swiftness is > the last few points in aggression/furor (and probably > a lot of talents) if you out of melee range more than a few seconds in a fight.

Gemming: you could move your nightmare tear to your legs, and fill all other sockets with 20/34 arpen, for a very small dps boost.

Other than that, YOU NEED A NEW WEAPON! :P
    You can't expect to do much more dmg than you're doing atm with a 251 weapon.

Deleted

[...]

When you're still going for the softcap, you'll have quite a high crit rate, providing lots of combopoints, allowing generous use of ferocious bite if you do it right (use something like Ovale with the EJ script to help you with this). So don't dismiss FA so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    I'm guessing you adjusted your spec purely for saurfang or something? since you dont have feral swiftness or feral instinct. Instinct can be debated, but feral swiftness is > the last few points in aggression/furor (and probably > a lot of talents) if you out of melee range more than a few seconds in a fight.

Gemming: you could move your nightmare tear to your legs, and fill all other sockets with 20/34 arpen, for a very small dps boost.

Other than that, YOU NEED A NEW WEAPON! :P
    You can't expect to do much more dmg than you're doing atm with a 251 weapon.
    Cheers,

;/ I'll reshuffle the gems again .. just spent a few grand doing that earlier .

Uhmm, may I ask of what use Feral swiftness really is ? I mean, there's not much actual running going onfrom what I've experienced so far ;s. Can't really think of a fight where I'd need to actually run much ;o. Most fights we've managed to streamline in such a way we minimize raid movement as much we can. Usually feral charge / dash seem to do the trick if I get in a spot of bother. I guess what my story boils down to is: Is it REALLY worth it to get it, or is it just variable per guild / tactics ?

And yeah, not seen DL / Crypt / Blood drop yet .. shall hope for nordrassil this week though /sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    Altho the cryptmaker has nice arpen and hit on it, the loss of agi compared to an agi oriented weapon is not worth it in my opinion. I'd even use Twin's Pact/Hellion Glaive heroic over it, not to mention Distant Land/Bloodfall/Nordrassil.

Concerning your gemming, if you don't mind dropping below the hit/exp caps a bit, you can get very close to the arpen cap by changing the gems in your chest to arpen and moving the nightmare tear to legs or boots.
    You have a lot of good thinking, but your thinking has a few flaws. First off, I'm already flirting with the crit soft cap. Secondly, going arp hardcap and then getting below expertise/hit cap is much bigger dps loss than going below these caps with softcap.

Your thoughts are nice but rwar and my sim disagree with you.
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Draoi
    You have a lot of good thinking, but your thinking has a few flaws. First off, I'm already flirting with the crit soft cap. Secondly, going arp hardcap and then getting below expertise/hit cap is much bigger dps loss than going below these caps with softcap.

correct me if i'm wrong, but rawr shows you at 63% crit with buffs. if you're at 75% or close than let me know. i do agree with cryptmaker being good tho, and using a 245 weapon over a 264 is completely dumb (sorry)

So I have reached a slight confusion on which would really be better. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Korgath&n=Kaay I have DBW but i still can not reach arpen cap not matter what I gem atm or switch out. My biggest question is should I just put NES back on over DV and soft cap arpen and gem alot of agi and try to get some hit back..since i'm a little under cap atm.

Any help/comments/thoughts would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Kaay
    So I have reached a slight confusion on which would really be better. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Korgath&n=Kaay I have DBW but i still can not reach arpen cap not matter what I gem atm or switch out. My biggest question is should I just put NES back on over DV and soft cap arpen and gem alot of agi and try to get some hit back..since i'm a little under cap atm.

Any help/comments/thoughts would be appreciated
    you could reach around 91% arp if you regemed full arp gems. i'm pretty sure it would be a dps increase (since arp scales better the higher it goes) check rawr and toskk's, they will probably agree. also i'm pretty sure mongoose would be better for you

correct me if i'm wrong, but rawr shows you at 63% crit with buffs. if you're at 75% or close than let me know. i do agree with cryptmaker being good tho, and using a 245 weapon over a 264 is completely dumb (sorry)
    My death's choice puts me very close. Also, using cryptmaker allows me to upgrade other slots without having to gem for copious amounts of hit rating.

I would still use cryptmaker over the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47463 (258, not 245)
    Signatures are overrated.

you only count constant buffs (anything with a proc rate of like 95% + ) so you can't count mongoose/trinkets for reaching the crit cap

i missed the heroic part (so 258 staff) but i still agree cryptmaker is better

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Draoi

Changing the hit/exp gems for arpen shows an increase in rawr from 11922 to 11971, and in simcraft from 11931 to 11968.

You might be right about the weapons tho: altho rawr suggests the agi weapons are slightly better, I couldn't reproduce this in simcraft.

This is my druid, feral dps is my offspec hence why i havent got tier 10 yet. I have got around 200 frost badges atm i plan to use for feral gear. but i dont know if i should save for tier 10 or get the belt (altho that will make me lose too much hit) I got the polearm from normal princes in my bags, as well as distant land, but havent come around to use/gem/enchant them yet. Nor do i know if the change would be worth it (maybe the prince polearm and badges belt?)
    And i know i got no expertise what so ever , need tier leggings for that and some other piece i dont know about yet.

ADVISE!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nsus&n=Sheever