Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi Mihir, Just checking to see what I can improve. I have access to 6/12 ICC 10 and 6/12 ICC 25. My plan is to get t10 pants as next frost upgrade or if VoA likes me this week.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...irne&cn=Tagdan

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy2 View Post
    Thanks man - I have regemmed/enchanted everything as you suggested - will be going 11/12 ICC25 tonight, I'm curious to see how my DPS improve

I'm in line to get a token or two tonight, I currently have i264 helmet but i251 chest, legs and shoulders - was wondering what would be the upgrade order for those 3 items?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Iamsquishy

Thanks again
    Legs first, since they give expertise, after that chest, since it has more stats on it than shoulders. Shoulders last.

Edit: crap, didnt see you are expertise capped without gems atm. Move legs to last then, as more expertise will be of no value to you until you replace that expertise ring. So chest - shoulders - legs if you don't get a new ring, if you do legs - chest - shoulders.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2010-08-09 at 05:33 PM.

Back again. This time I have a question regarding ArP.
    Would it be best for me to go straight ArP past the soft cap and get every point I can out of it and sacrifice a bit of crit or should I gem to the soft cap and then go back to gemming straight Agility and upping my crit and AP as much as I can while waiting until I can get straight hard capped on ArP?

Currently my stats are: ArP (W/out food) 859 Crit (W/ only MotW) 57.75% AP (W/ only MotW) 9395
    I'm also slightly over the hit cap with only gear and no gems and above Exp cap but my Exp will go down to what should be right on the cap when I get the T10 helm.

As long as you are using an arpen proccing trinket, you should go for softcap. Try to take as many socket bonuses as you can, by putting 10agi+10haste in all yellow sockets, and a mix of 20arpen & 20agi gems in the rest, so you end up at 714 with food buff.

Since you don't have 4T10 bonus yet, you should pick up some T9 shoulders so you can use the 2T9 bonus. You also really need to replace that hit trinket and the str ring (rep ring or kirin tor ring come to mind, and dmc:g for the trinket).

Grunt
    Hey Mihir.
    I am just respect from resto main to feral main spec, and i am doing okay i think, but still i am not shure about gear, gems.

after i read some post in her, i guess i should re-gem some stuff so i go with agi+haste instead of armor pen, when i have a arm pen procc trinket. so guess i should get some of my 9xx arm pen down to soft cap.

But also i aint sure about some of the other gear. like my belt and back, should i keep them or should i buy the one from frost badges, cuz i got badges to do it ..

i have acces to all gear . have 11/12hc 10 man to morrow, and on 25 man we have 5/12 hc , also have ruby 10/25 normal

in hour raid we have:

feral main tank
    unholy dk
    (frost dk) some times
    mm hunter
    combat rogue
    assasin rogue
    fury warrior
    ret paly

no arms
    no blood dk
    no enchance shamy

Oh sorry, had copy it but forgot to paste it .

eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Zyppz

there we go
    Last edited by zyppi; 2010-08-11 at 12:18 PM.

As long as you use an arpen proccing trinket you'll want to stay at the softcap. And you should only replace it with a better trinket: death's verdict, whispering fanged skull, deathbringer's will or sharpened twilight scale. So until you get 1 of those 4 trinkets, you'll be stuck at the softcap

Since you are expertise and hit capped, you can safely replace your cloak with the emblem one. You should also consider buying some Bracers of Swift Death, they're not very expensive anymore and pretty much the best you can get before icc bracers.

Don't forget to take as many socket bonuses as you can, by using 10agi+10haste gems instead of 20agi for yellow sockets.

You should also switch weapon enchant to berserking, mongoose isn't really viable for dps anymore since they nerfed the haste.

The belt is fine, the emblem one is slightly better but not something you should prioritize atm. Another item you could get is the T10.264 gloves, they beat the nonset gloves slightly due to more arpen/ap and haste instead of crit (good setups are the LDW10H chest + 4T10, or the Rotface25H gloves + 4T10).
    Last edited by Mihir; 2010-08-11 at 02:02 PM.

Grunt
    Okay i se what i can get...

But, if i change my back and wrist, i will go down to 4.30% hit , and with a dranei in group that would only be 5.30 % should i use so many gems to get up to 8 % ?

Mihir wrote "You should also switch weapon enchant to berserking, mongoose isn't really viable for dps anymore since they nerfed the haste."

Really? The latest versions of Rawr still have Mongoose rated very high for all the Druids I've imported/inspected. I thought Rawr had been updated with the Mongoose nerf--its telling me Mongoose is my #1 dps enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by medloh View Post
    "

Really? The latest versions of Rawr still have Mongoose rated very high for all the Druids I've imported/inspected. I thought Rawr had been updated with the Mongoose nerf--its telling me Mongoose is my #1 dps enchant.
    Your shoulder and leg enchants confuse me....

Quote Originally Posted by medloh View Post
    Mihir wrote "You should also switch weapon enchant to berserking, mongoose isn't really viable for dps anymore since they nerfed the haste."

There's a bug in rawr, when you got the ICC idol equipped in combination with certain trinkets mongoose shows as 3x the value it normally should have. Try switching idol and see if mongoose is still ahead.

"Your shoulder and leg enchants confuse me.... "

Have you ever been 3rd or 4th tank on a progression fight?

Thanks Mihir, I'll try that in Rawr.

Nope, but just those two enchants with everything else being dps gemmed/chanted wont make a difference worth noting.

Whatever works bro, dont get offended.

Quote Originally Posted by zyppi View Post
    Okay i se what i can get...

But, if i change my back and wrist, i will go down to 4.30% hit , and with a dranei in group that would only be 5.30 % should i use so many gems to get up to 8 % ?
    You don't need to be hitcapped at all, until you hit the crit cap.

Hey Mihir, posting this for my kitty alt, who I've enjoyed playing quite a lot recently.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cts&cn=Twisteh

A few things are bugging me right now, I'm quite far below hit cap and also a little short of expertise cap, is it worth sacrificing ArP for these stats?

I also felt the need to place my Nightmare tear in a Yellow slot, as I felt no need at the time to put it in a blue slot that had a low Agility bonus until I am ArP capped, as I thought I would be gemming full ArP. Also at the time, the highest agility bonus was from a yellow slot.

Thanks in advance, Zara.

Edit: There are also a few enchants that need fixing, these I am aware of, though I was wondering for hands whether 44 AP or 20 Agility would be superior. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Syntic; 2010-08-11 at 09:31 PM. Reason: adding info
    I'd do anything for a smile, holding you 'til our time is done.

Hello Mihir.

Ive been doing my feral druid for a while now. The dps from low gears in ICC was just funny to watch (mostly t9 at 10k dps in single fight [10mans])

But now Im having expertise problem. The only gears available easily for me is just 10mans. We might have some kingslayer kills sooner or later. As far as i know, the less expertise, the messy your rotation is. So, i wanna know if its worth to gem expertise till its 25/26?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...halas&cn=Miapa

The boot and chest are the newest addiction. T10 shoulder will be coming in soon enough. So, im looking at both new boot and chest and see if I can just gem expertise on it?

I also noticed that there are one t10 (legging) that has good loads of expertise, but at high cost of badge which i do not have available atm. Even so, there are some 25mans gears that has expertise on it as well. Thought?
    Last edited by Arileas; 2010-08-12 at 03:06 AM.

Don't use the expertise on bracer/gloves enchants ever, you just lose too much stats compared to other enchants available (50 ap / 20 agi). You're still some ways away from the crit cap so it's fine to a bit below the expertise/hit caps for now. Your arpen is also slightly high, with the NES you only need 722 (and when using arpen food only 682).

In the end the only piece of gear with expertise you'll want to use are the T10 legs, complemented with some 10hit+10expertise gems.

---------- Post added 2010-08-12 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraxiel View Post
    Hey Mihir, posting this for my kitty alt, who I've enjoyed playing quite a lot recently.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cts&cn=Twisteh

A few things are bugging me right now, I'm quite far below hit cap and also a little short of expertise cap, is it worth sacrificing ArP for these stats?

I also felt the need to place my Nightmare tear in a Yellow slot, as I felt no need at the time to put it in a blue slot that had a low Agility bonus until I am ArP capped, as I thought I would be gemming full ArP. Also at the time, the highest agility bonus was from a yellow slot.

Thanks in advance, Zara.

Edit: There are also a few enchants that need fixing, these I am aware of, though I was wondering for hands whether 44 AP or 20 Agility would be superior. Thanks again.
    You're quite low on crit so don't worry about hit/expertise for now, they only get important once you get close to the crit cap (which you still are ~10% short of).

You could switch the nightmare tear to the blue socket in your boots, and put 10agi+10crit gems in the yellow sockets in your belt/pants to get your crit up a bit more. Like you said yourself, there's also some enchants that need fixing: gloves should either be 20agi or 20hit (20agi is better in your case), bracers should be 50 ap, boots should be icewalker. Weapon enchant can be switched to mongoose to get some more crit as well.

Hey Mihir,

Bit of a big ask, but i was wondering if you could help me please. I'm changing my OS from Resto to Feral DPS (as we've had an influx of healers in our guild). I've got a fair idea of the spec / glyphs and i've also go a fair idea about the rotation / priority system we use.

The problem i'm having is with gear and what to purchase / craft. I've got 400 frost badges and i have roughly 3k gold i'm willing to buy / craft gear with.

What i currently have in the bank collecting dust:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=51022
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50799
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45286
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50827 (Tier hands spare)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51900
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51843
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50764

Then i have all the gear that i'm currently wearing (feral tank). As i'm the MT for our guild, regemming or enchanting my bear gear isnt possible. But i was thinking along the lines of using a few of my current tier pieces (just to keep the 4pc) until i get an upgrade in that slot? Like use the legs / shoulders from my tank set, just to keep the 4pc for my DPS set?

So the main question i'm asking please mate, with what i have + 400 frost badges and abit of gold, what should i do?

Thanks in advance

What to get for your gold, I don't know what the prices are on your realm. So you'll have to check for yourself what the most efficient item would be. Good options are:

Footpads of Impending Death for tanking and Frostbitten Fur Boots for dps +174
    Bladeborn Leggings +155 dps
    Wodin's Lucky Necklace +134 dps
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness +55 dps (don't get this if you're gonna farm the NES from FoS H)
    Bracers of Swift Death +47 dps

I'd say use your emblems to buy the T10.251 helm, chest and legs, the recovered scarlet onslaught cape, and the herkuml war token. Also turn some triumph emblems in to conquest emblems to get the brooch of the wailing night.

If you're a bit serious about your dps then I strongly urge you to farm the NES trinket from FoS HC, it's a pretty massive upgrade from pyrite infuser.

Weapon wise you'll want to stay with the shaft of glacial ice; even tho it's gemmed for tanking, the difference in feral ap more than makes up for that compared to the lower ilvl hersir's greatspear.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2010-08-12 at 11:51 AM.

whats teh best ench for weapon these days? since the changes to mongoose is it worth using it for dps

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scalp&cn=Druci
    and if ya got any tips as to what to do to increas my dps from my gear if anything ^^

Yep, there does seem to be a bug with the 264 relic + Mongoose in the latest Rawr. I swapped out my relic and Mongoose dropped way down. Looks like Executioner is currently my best enchant according to Rawr. I assume thats kind of temporary because I'm not armpen capped but kind of close to it. Beserk was second, then Black Magic.