Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    agi+crit is better for now, you need to get your crit up to decent levels. Red sockets should be 20agi, yellow 10agi+10crit. The blue socket in your boots should have a nightmare tear. Boots enchant should be agi, since you're hitcapped. Gloves enchant should be agi. Get the idol asap, it's easily the best way to spend your triumph emblems.

Hey mihir, not sure of what to do atm - Im getting different suggestions from rawr and toskk's. Was hit, exp and arp capped a few weeks ago when I tried black magic (prior to newest rawr version coming out) and noticed an increase in dps (but didnt save the info so i dont remember how i did that.) Got the urge to use rawr again and to if i could max my char even more, ran optimizer and tried what it showed.

No matter what i do i can never get it to show 1400 arp; after using the optimizer it always shows between 1380 and 1398. Its also not showing how i would get back to hit and expertise capped, did i miss an option/s that i should have checked? As always any help from you is greatly appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Eq%C3%BAinox

Edit: If i change bracer gem to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in gloves to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in pants to 10 exp & 10 hit, boots to 10 agi & 10 haste / 10 exp & 10 hit, ring to 10 exp & 10 hit, and staff to 20 arp / 10 stats / 10 exp & 10 hit I should be at 242 hit 27 expertise and 1364 arp before food, but my crit will go down to 49.15% - how well would that work, and should i go back to black magic at that point or stay with berserking?
    Last edited by Epoch; 2010-09-18 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Hello.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&n=Shadowfang

I've just gotten DL H and wanted to redo my DPS set, but instead of doing it the way I've done so far I thought this would give me a better result.

I'm mainly tanking, so the pieces I got for cat is the pieces noone else wanted.

I got a few extra items that might be able to be changed in instead of those I currently got in:
    Gangrenous Leggings
    Toskk's Maximized Wristguards - Normal, but can be gemmed / enchanted for DPS
    Idol of the Crying Moon
    Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder - Gemmed for tanking
    Sanctified Lasherweave Shoulderpads - Gemmed and enchanted for tanking
    And of course the reason for posting: Distant Land H
    And got a bunch of Frost Emblems.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Shadowfang; 2010-09-18 at 09:34 PM.

hey mihir just posting to see if there is anything i can drastically change about my char with my current gear. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Restospec Any input is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time Sincerely, RestoSpec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    Hey mihir, not sure of what to do atm - Im getting different suggestions from rawr and toskk's. Was hit, exp and arp capped a few weeks ago when I tried black magic (prior to newest rawr version coming out) and noticed an increase in dps (but didnt save the info so i dont remember how i did that.) Got the urge to use rawr again and to if i could max my char even more, ran optimizer and tried what it showed.

No matter what i do i can never get it to show 1400 arp; after using the optimizer it always shows between 1380 and 1398. Its also not showing how i would get back to hit and expertise capped, did i miss an option/s that i should have checked? As always any help from you is greatly appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Eq%C3%BAinox

Edit: If i change bracer gem to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in gloves to 20 hit, 10 agi & 10 haste gem in pants to 10 exp & 10 hit, boots to 10 agi & 10 haste / 10 exp & 10 hit, ring to 10 exp & 10 hit, and staff to 20 arp / 10 stats / 10 exp & 10 hit I should be at 242 hit 27 expertise and 1364 arp before food, but my crit will go down to 49.15% - how well would that work, and should i go back to black magic at that point or stay with berserking?
    Going over the cap means that some of your stats are doing 0 for your dps, and since the different attributes are usually not that far from each other, it's often better to go slightly below the cap and use those extra stats on another attribute (like agi).

Since you're way above 230 hit I'm assuming you don't get a Draenei in your group?

I'd say trust in rawr and go with black magic, agi enchant on cloak, agi enchant on gloves, switch 2x34hit to 2x20hit, 1x20arpen to 34arpen, 1x 20arpen to 34agi and 1x10agi+10haste to 20hit.

Going down to 248 hit, 126 exp, 1398 arpen with food, and 73% crit vs lvl83.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoshPit13 View Post
    hey mihir just posting to see if there is anything i can drastically change about my char with my current gear. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Restospec Any input is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time Sincerely, RestoSpec
    You could gain a tiny bit of dps (no more than 5) by going with 20arpen gems in your boots/ring/bracer, 20hit in your neck/chest, and agi enchant on cloak.

Should be in the dps gear now, sorry for forgetting it :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfang View Post
    Hello.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...w&n=Shadowfang

I've just gotten DL H and wanted to redo my DPS set, but instead of doing it the way I've done so far I thought this would give me a better result.

I'm mainly tanking, so the pieces I got for cat is the pieces noone else wanted.

I got a few extra items that might be able to be changed in instead of those I currently got in:
    Gangrenous Leggings
    Toskk's Maximized Wristguards - Normal, but can be gemmed / enchanted for DPS
    Idol of the Crying Moon
    Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder - Gemmed for tanking
    Sanctified Lasherweave Shoulderpads - Gemmed and enchanted for tanking
    And of course the reason for posting: Distant Land H
    And got a bunch of Frost Emblems.

Any help would be appreciated!
    While you're still using NES there's not much to change in your gear/gems (since you'll be stuck at the softcap). Only thing I'd change is to go with haste enchant on your cloak, since you are at the crit cap, and moving the nightmare tear to your DL H. Just keep at 715 arpen and 257 hit, and put the rest of your gems towards agi, with berserking on weapon.

Just picked up a DBW last night and been toying with enchants/gems/gear to find a good mix of hit/exp while staying ArP capped.

My main spec was Resto forever so most all of my Feral gear is either from off-spec rolls or 10-mans. I also have numerous other Feral pieces in my bank.

Any advice is appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...argath&cn=Pujo
    Last edited by Pujo; 2010-09-21 at 10:38 PM.

Ty for the help! I found the issue in rawr...i didnt select all the gems...lol fml.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pujo View Post
    Just picked up a DBW last night and been toying with enchants/gems/gear to find a good mix of hit/exp while staying ArP capped.

My main spec was Resto forever so most all of my Feral gear is either from off-spec rolls or 10-mans. I also have numerous other Feral pieces in my bank.

Any advice is appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...argath&cn=Pujo
    You could switch a few gems around to optimize socket bonuses; if you put 20arpen gems in your rings and go with 40arpen food, you can put 10agi+10hit gems in the yellow sockets in your chest/gloves/belt/legs. You can also go with agi enchant on gloves to get a bit higher on crit (crit's more important than hit for you since you are still some ways from the crit cap).

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Call blizzard, tell them what happened and ask if they can do anything? :P

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 10:06 AM ----------

Yep. You can easily afford to gem some more arpen and go with DL H. Just put 20arpen gems in your rings and boots, put 10agi+10hit gems in the yellow sockets in your chest/belt/legs/weapon, and 20hit in the yellow socket in your gloves. With arpen food, you'll end up at exactly 1400 arpen again, but go up ~3% crit.

Don't touch the LK normal weapon, the feral ap loss alone makes it no option (~275 dps loss).
    Is it really such a dps loss? I never had H DL, and I currently use the regular LK weapon (upgrade from Lightborn Spire, haha!).
    I haven't been tempted to roll on the H DL either (I'm pretty sure others in my guild would have a much bigger upgrade from it), but I might if no one else is interested in it, just to test this for myself.

On a side note, I have seen lots of kitties--who do very well for themselves--gem for a lot of hit. I myself find myself gemming for more hit than I'd like to (though I try to go for some 10 man H loot with hit for sidegrades). Yet, whenever I talk to other cats about this, I find they all have different opinions and support for that opinion. So, I feel I'd ask here:
    Is gemming for hit alright, provided your ArP stays near the cap? Or is it not worth the risk of missing? Please back up your decision, I'd really like to read it. I'm such a sucker for good debate.

I gem hit because I really like the security of having hit, although I know would probably do the same dps with 200 hit or less. I haven't been feral DPS for so long so I like to know that I have 1 less problem to pay attention while concentrating on the fight. (I can get a bit stressed sometimes)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    got some upgrades since last time I posted ... well I would like to know if everythings good so far with my druid

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hridge&cn=Gino

Oioi Mihir! If you got some time, could ya make me agi gemming plan for the gear im wearing atm in armory?
    Been swapping stuff around on rawr but im shit at it and lazy x)Gonna start doing things cata style a bit..
    Oh and i got NES too if i should go arp softcap
    Last edited by Punasilmä; 2010-09-22 at 09:23 PM.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tmane&cn=Fatex
    got some upgrades, mainly the weapon and ring :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeKitty View Post
    Is it really such a dps loss? I never had H DL, and I currently use the regular LK weapon (upgrade from Lightborn Spire, haha!).
    I haven't been tempted to roll on the H DL either (I'm pretty sure others in my guild would have a much bigger upgrade from it), but I might if no one else is interested in it, just to test this for myself.

On a side note, I have seen lots of kitties--who do very well for themselves--gem for a lot of hit. I myself find myself gemming for more hit than I'd like to (though I try to go for some 10 man H loot with hit for sidegrades). Yet, whenever I talk to other cats about this, I find they all have different opinions and support for that opinion. So, I feel I'd ask here:
    Is gemming for hit alright, provided your ArP stays near the cap? Or is it not worth the risk of missing? Please back up your decision, I'd really like to read it. I'm such a sucker for good debate.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50695;50425

Considering you get 20% on any weapon ap from predatory strikes, 10% from heart of the wild and 10% from trueshot aura/abom might/unleashed rage, the difference might be bigger than you realize. A difference of 218ap (205 fap + 13 ap) untalented/unbuffed turns into a whopping 317 ap difference raid buffed/talented. Another thing that plays a big role, is if you are able to make up the loss in arp from the LK weapon with gems (which the person above was able to do). But even if he wasn't able to get back to 1400 arpen, DL H would still win, just not by this much of a margin.

Gemming hit is from the pre-BM era! Berserking scales really well with hit, since it's based on PPM. BM however doesn't scale that well with hit at all, since it only procs off yellow attacks, and you get a 90% energy refund on missed yellow attacks allowing you to recast them without much resource losses. Instead, the haste from BM makes crit more worthwhile, since haste proc = more ooc procs = more yellow attacks, which mostly aren't affected by the crit cap.

The only reason to gem hit/expertise should be to raise the crit cap.

(this is all my opinion obviously, tho you can deduct quite a bit from simcraft graphs)

---------- Post added 2010-09-23 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    got some upgrades since last time I posted ... well I would like to know if everythings good so far with my druid

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hridge&cn=Gino
    Looks like you'd be better off going with changing 1 34arpen gem to 20arpen, putting 34hit/10hit+10exp/20hit gems in the yellow sockets in your cloak/chest/bracers/weapon/gloves/boots/marrowgar ring (make sure you don't go over 126exp or 256hit), and a 20arpen gem in the belt buckle socket in your belt.

Back enchant should also be haste, if you can miss the parachute :P
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-09-23 at 11:46 AM.

Hello Mihir,

as i said in the cat guide, here i come for an "update" after a little period of inactivity.

Here's my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&cn=Pafinasse (dps stuff but tanking spec ... heroday ^^)

I was wondering about the weapon enchantment, you said that mongoose wasn't good anymore (ty for the explanations ^^) and i was wondering between BM and Berserking...

I'm actually over arp cap (1409 with food), hit capped (with draenei), exp capped but I am quite far from the crit cap.

I was wondering if it would not be best to loose my hit/exp cap, thus lowering my crit cap, and gemming with crit (agi/crit or crit) ?

Also, I actually have HWT but wouldn't H WFS be better (crit > haste before crit cap logically).

thank you in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punasilmä View Post
    Oioi Mihir! If you got some time, could ya make me agi gemming plan for the gear im wearing atm in armory?
    Been swapping stuff around on rawr but im shit at it and lazy x)Gonna start doing things cata style a bit..
    Oh and i got NES too if i should go arp softcap
    For a small dps upgrade, you could go with a bit more socket bonuses, at least the ones in your weapon/chest/gloves/belt. just move the nightmare tear to the blue socket in your weapon and put 2x 10agi+10hit and 3x20hit in the yellow sockets in your weapon/chest/gloves/belt/legs. Other than that it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    url

Considering you get 20% on any weapon ap from predatory strikes, 10% from heart of the wild and 10% from trueshot aura/abom might/unleashed rage, the difference might be bigger than you realize. A difference of 218ap (205 fap + 13 ap) untalented/unbuffed turns into a whopping 317 ap difference raid buffed/talented. Another thing that plays a big role, is if you are able to make up the loss in arp from the LK weapon with gems (which the person above was able to do). But even if he wasn't able to get back to 1400 arpen, DL H would still win, just not by this much of a margin.

Gemming hit is from the pre-BM era! Berserking scales really well with hit, since it's based on PPM. BM however doesn't scale that well with hit at all, since it only procs off yellow attacks, and you get a 90% energy refund on missed yellow attacks allowing you to recast them without much resource losses. Instead, the haste from BM makes crit more worthwhile, since haste proc = more ooc procs = more yellow attacks, which mostly aren't affected by the crit cap.

The only reason to gem hit/expertise should be to raise the crit cap.

(this is all my opinion obviously, tho you can deduct quite a bit from simcraft graphs)[COLOR="red"]
    I currently use Mongoose on my LK weapon instead of BM or Berserking. I should really work in a simulator to change things around since it seems BM is the new "best" enchant, but I've found myself lazy when it comes to working with my gear--when you haven't seen upgrades for months and are just hoping for a side grade from 10man HM's to drop, you tend to care less and less about gear. It's awful, I know.
    But you bring up some good points... I suppose when I get home I'll pull up a simulator and play around with my character more--lately all I've been doing is seeing what side-grades or upgrades I could get to nudge up my hit, since I feel like I miss too much (my DPS on a static fight such as H Saurfang can have up to a 5k difference depending on how much I do or don't hit. That's what makes me look so seriously into hit).
    (It won't let me post links to my armory--I'm Kitty on Spirestone) incase you were curious. Please don't bash my gear set up too hard: It's been a long struggle for raiding and getting loot for me. I'd go into detail, but no one wants to read that. I know there are several problems, but it's hard to fix those when you're having a hard time getting the loot you need to do it.

Deleted
    (hint: there's a custom version of simcraft with added support for BM in this thread's opening post)