How do you heal in arena

Hello guys I have some questions regarding how to heal in arena.

1- Do I need to use heal bot to heal in arena in 2v2 3v3 ? Do you guys use it or do you heal like you choose the heal target and keybind heal it?

2- If I use healbot to heal would that be Weird ? If I use healbot that means I can assign almost no healing spells to my keyboard and just assign other spells but I dont know, I cant really do arena at the moment since i am gearing up. Would healbot slows my reaction time?

I just want to know how do you guys heal in arena as disc priest.

Sorry about my grammar or any typos it is just late and I feel a bit dizzy.

Have a nice game .

Re: How do you heal in arena

Using healbot in arena is quite a bad habit to get into. You can't turn your screen without taking your mouse off of healbot, unless you're a keyboard turner. Either of those options result in slower reaction times and possibly not noticing what's going on behind you.

The "best way" would be to keybind all of your heals and use target party member macros. Any way is doable but keybinds are much more efficient.

Keybind all of your heals. Clicking in PvP is bad and slows your reaction times becuase you need to be mouse turning alot. The other thing you need to get used to is playing like your a DPS with a heal button. Priests play super offensively in the arena or you'll just get wrecked. Bubble, PoM, Pen if needed. Your next spell after those better be Dispel or Holy Fire. We don't have the mana regen of other healers, but we can put out the most damage. If you find yourself spam healing something, you've probably lost the match.

yeah clicking your healing spells even if its with an addon is retarded and you'll stay at your 900 rating for a very long time.

I use tab/caps lock to target party members 1/2 and alt to cast on myself. I rebound target nearest enemy player to 4

I do not use addons in arena.

You can do w/e you want.

Some people are not good with keybord keybinds and do better with addons. Some are better with keybords. I would sugest doing what is best for you (not what is easyest but best). Heal bot and grid is easy but I personaly do not think it is the best way to go.

If you use focus macro's and the like you will be just fine when it comes to spell targets and IMO will be faster then if you use an addon.

You do not need to bind all your heals. You can bind the important ones and click others that are less important. Some spell it does not matter which way you turn or what you are doing so who cares if you click. Slow reaction time my foot. I can move the mouse faster then your finger can reach across the keybord for some of other people binds. It is important to have a good amount of keybinds, but if you bind everything then you are hindering yourself. Especially if you have as many focus macro's as I do.

There is not even a 1cm diference from the point on a bar where you can click and the spot right above or to the left of the extra bars where you can move your mouse to turn. If all the important spell are keybound you wont do much clicking anyways. There are keys that are just akward to click on and it is those that will make your fingers slower then my mouse. On the last note you should both key turn AND mouse turn. Not just one or the other.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    I do not use addons in arena.

You can do w/e you want.

Some people are not good with keybord keybinds and do better with addons. Some are better with keybords. I would sugest doing what is best for you (not what is easyest but best). Heal bot and grid is easy but I personaly do not think it is the best way to go.

If you use focus macro's and the like you will be just fine when it comes to spell targets and IMO will be faster then if you use an addon.

You do not need to bind all your heals. You can bind the important ones and click others that are less important. Some spell it does not matter which way you turn or what you are doing so who cares if you click. Slow reaction time my foot. I can move the mouse faster then your finger can reach across the keybord for some of other people binds. It is important to have a good amount of keybinds, but if you bind everything then you are hindering yourself. Especially if you have as many focus macro's as I do.

There is not even a 1cm diference from the point on a bar where you can click and the spot right above or to the left of the extra bars where you can move your mouse to turn. If all the important spell are keybound you wont do much clicking anyways. There are keys that are just akward to click on and it is those that will make your fingers slower then my mouse. On the last note you should both key turn AND mouse turn. Not just one or the other.

Please NO ONE listen to this bad. Anyone who tells you it's okay to click is just awful. And yes, moving 1 cm everytime you need to turn your screen from casting a spell adds up, and it's reaction time lost that can forfeit the game for you.

if your going to use something , it sure as hell should not be healbot for arena. healbot has a delay build into it from waaayy back in vanilla that never got fixed. It is a turd of a program compared to others out there.

clique + grid is my personal preferred method when using a mod but most of the time i just eye it with my normal group window and target swap and use my normal keybinds. either way is perfectly fine. Disc healing provides a start buffer if your good and preshield/renew your potential teammates that are going to be attacked.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

it is never ok to click in arena. any clicking you do requires you to do 2 things: 1) look at the button youre clicking and 2) move the mouse and click it

problem with 1) is if you move your eyes away from whats going on inside the arena youre losing situational awareness. arena is all about being reactive to what is happening to the players in the field, dont look away. problem with 2) is I dont care if people say it only takes half a second to move and click something. even IF it only takes 0.5 secs, which it doesn't if you consider how long it takes for you to sight the button as well, then youre adding another 33% to your GCD. given that priests in arena and ALWAYS global capped, why would you want to make this time longer and slow yourself down?

and finally, I have found a way to keybind every single ability and macro I use in arena, so it is entirely possible

if you bind everything then you are hindering yourself.
    ...what?

On the last note you should both key turn AND mouse turn.
    WHAT

1500s doesn't count as arena.

1- Do I need to use heal bot to heal in arena in 2v2 3v3 ? Do you guys use it or do you heal like you choose the heal target and keybind heal it?
    No, you don't need it. I haven't played 3v3 since TBC, but I just use macros with my teammates' names. Much simpler in 2v2 for obvious reasons, but with practice you can get used to it in 3v3 too. Ask your teammates to do some skirmishes with you before you start playing so you can practice your keys.

2- If I use healbot to heal would that be Weird ? If I use healbot that means I can assign almost no healing spells to my keyboard and just assign other spells but I dont know, I cant really do arena at the moment since i am gearing up. Would healbot slows my reaction time?
    Use whatever addons you feel comfortable with, but under no circumstances should you walk around without your heals hotkeyed. Assuming they're all hotkeyed, feel free to use Grid+Clique (NOT Healbot) if you feel you're faster with it and have no pressure on you for whatever reason. If you're being focused, for example, absolutely do not use Grid to heal. You WILL need your mouse. That said, try getting used to not clicking at all. I do 2v2 with my Grid/Clique active since I can't be arsed to turn it off just for arenas. I used to use it often enough back in TBC for multishielding or what have you, but nowadays I rarely even notice it's there.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Say what you guys want but unless you say it to me on AJ it does not matter. I can post there for 3 seasons now, can you? No you can not. I'm 2465 atm and my priest is just my alt that I play only for arenas. I click, and i'm good. You can absolutly do it with click and key turning. You can say w/e you want but my team raiting with about 10 games a week speaks for itself.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Say what you guys want but unless you say it to me on AJ it does not matter. I can post there for 3 seasons now, can you? No you can not. I'm 2465 atm and my priest is just my alt that I play only for arenas. I click, and i'm good. You can absolutly do it with click and key turning. You can say w/e you want but my team raiting with about 10 games a week speaks for itself.
    What battlegroup are you on? Shadowburn? Emberstorm? Whirlwind?

/facepalm