Disc Priests and Cata stat changes

I'm just curious what others think will happen to Disc priests when they change our gear stats. I don't know about you guys, but I use a lot of gear that has no spirit or MP5. A lot of the best Disc emblem gear has crit or haste and no spirit or MP5. Blizzard considers this DPS gear now? Will Disc priest get the shaft and have to buy/change gear when the changes come? Maybe I need to start rolling on more spirit gear? :-X

Re: Disc Priests and Cata stat changes

Even if it causes you some troubles in the transition patch, you'll change your gear in Cata. Don't bother .

Quote Originally Posted by Dany
    Even if it causes you some troubles in the transition patch, you'll change your gear in Cata. Don't bother .
    I guess the question is; how long will it be between the changes going live and the actual expansion? If it's only a week or two, then I agree.

Stack up on T10 and you're probably very safe.

If you are gemming for int/crit/haste only, ignoring MP5 and spirit completely, then you might get into a mana issue when we hit 4.0.

Either way, I would assume 4.0 only happening a few weeks before cataclysm. At earliest at the end of summer if you want my guess.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Stack up on T10 and you're probably very safe.

If you are gemming for int/crit/haste only, ignoring MP5 and spirit completely, then you might get into a mana issue when we hit 4.0.

Either way, I would assume 4.0 only happening a few weeks before cataclysm. At earliest at the end of summer if you want my guess.
    From their wording, it seems that you also want only a x amount of Spi in cata.

[blizzquote author=Ghostcrawler ]Spirit is currently on a lot of cloth gear because it is considered a healing AND dps stat. We are changing it to just be a healing stat. There will still be a lot of it on leather though, just not every piece. Both Spirit and hit are the kind of thing you want enough of and no more than that. Since there won't be any buffs that boost hit or Spirit, you shouldn't often find yourself inexcess. (Source)[/blizzquote]

IMO that reply was for caster DPSs gear question, particularly leather caster DPS, not healers. Spirit on their gear will be converted into hit or something similar, which clearly "you would never want more than neccessary".

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas
    IMO that reply was for caster DPSs gear question, particularly leather caster DPS, not healers. Spirit on their gear will be converted into hit or something similar, which clearly "you would never want more than neccessary".

Which is why I did say seem like it. The fact that included cloth, and by stating that Spi is in fact a healing stat, it feels like they are wanting us to get x amount of Spi each tier. Especially with the healing discussion further down the page, it seems that we get enough regen to do x and everything else goes into thorough put. Which is pretty much what we do today.

I cant say much about how spirit works for healer in Cata. But from previous blue posts, there wont be any spirit at all on cloth dps gear. Spirit will still be useful for mail/leather dps caster, perhaps to reduce the already huge boss loot table and lessen RNG frustration, since both heal and dps class can make use of a spirit piece.

Cata greens will probbly make T10 obsolete. I wouldn't worry until after it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    Cata greens will probbly make T10 obsolete. I wouldn't worry until after it is released.
    While this was true going from Classic to BC, going from BC to Wrath was quite the opposite. I couldn't get rid of most of my t6 until Naxx, and that's even counting the fact I was Discipline and loaded up with Spirit (back when your regen scaled from output. >.<).

I really doubt they're going to repeat the mistake of Classic->BC again.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I could be wrong, my priest isn't 80 yet, but won't disc be going for t10 healing now with the change to 4pc?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Thats the beauty of reforging. When we know what we need and what we no longer need we'll be able to make a small transition till we can get the gear that will be more designed for our class's after the changes.

Then again, who knows how long we'll keep the gear were getting now come cataclsym *crosses fingers on first raid boss*.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    While this was true going from Classic to BC, going from BC to Wrath was quite the opposite. I couldn't get rid of most of my t6 until Naxx, and that's even counting the fact I was Discipline and loaded up with Spirit (back when your regen scaled from output. >.<).

I really doubt they're going to repeat the mistake of Classic->BC again.
    Not entirely true. People in naxx40 gear didnt really upgrade until karazhan either. Classic -> BC people upgraded more quickly because the gear wasnt as readily available as it was from BC -> WotLK. You were extremely well geared if you were in full T2 or T2.5 whereas the standard dropped a bit for T6. This is slightly less true for tanks due to the stamina statvalue change that was put in for BC.

As an example:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28477 (karazhan - Harbinger Bands)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22519 (naxx40 - bindings of faith)

My concern is not really the gear topic. Indeed, we will get new pieces as for any extension this is not an issue. What bothers me more is that the precises chaman and droods would have a fine tuning since they share oftenly dps and healing gear... which is basically the case in disc as well.

All those blues sounds like disc is not really considered in the process, and that our basic mecanics will be totally changed (mana regen wise I speak) : we would have less intellect as annouced, and need spirit for regen. So what difference between holy and disc gear? Haste Vs. crit? Basically gearing for spi like a holy without any scaling as it is today sounds... disappointing.

I don't QQ this is not really that but I'm quite worried with what they announced concerning our spec :s

There's no reason to think "spirit scaling" will stay as it is, for either Holy or Discipline. Holy's will probably remove the Spell Power component from it, and both will simply be getting the primary source of mana return just from that stat. I have a feeling both talent trees will be shifted enough so people should hopefully get the hint.

Of course you're right. My concern is just based on guts feeling since I often find that blizzard do not really pay attention to disc spec (just look at the ICC buff not applied to PW:S for instance... leading to trolling posts saying PW:S is not healing etc etc).

But hopefully I assume they would take care of that, but my point is that disc spec is not a standard healing one everyone agree on that I assume. Your healing mecanism is hugely based on a bubble that doesn't pop any green number so 'this is no healing'. Basically it means for a lot of people (I was really badly surprised on the reations within the ICC buff thread) consider that 50% or more of the spells we use is not in the healing side, nor in the dps side of course... And today we're looking for stuff looking a lot like a dps one without hit.

If they merge regen and throughput of holy and disc then I would find it sad... But it's too soon to cry let's see what they will offer to the disc spec

Quote Originally Posted by Ândrömèdâ
    So what difference between holy and disc gear? Haste Vs. crit? Basically gearing for spi like a holy without any scaling as it is today sounds... disappointing
    Frankly, I'd be fine if disc and holy shared the exact same desire in stats. Then the true difference would come from the spec itself. It would make my holy/disc dual spec a lot simpler, gear wise I mean. But even if it came down to Holy=haste and Disc=crit, it would still make switching specs easier then it is now. I'm referring to the spirit issue here - going from holy>disc isn't too bad but going disc>holy can be tough without spirit.

If they are reworking all the old gear, why would you have to rebuy your healing gear for disc? The disc gear is changing to the new healing format. So any disc healing gear would still be disc healing gear but with the new setup. It is not like your disc gear is going to change into DPS gear.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Because the "old gear" is not "Disc gear" it's "Shadow" gear, simply because of the better itemisation and the fact Discipline isn't balanced around using Spirit. Come 4.0, it will be balanced around using Spirit, but that Shadow Gear will still have zero spirit on it, simply because Shadow obviously won't be using a Regen stat.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    If they are reworking all the old gear, why would you have to rebuy your healing gear for disc? The disc gear is changing to the new healing format. So any disc healing gear would still be disc healing gear but with the new setup. It is not like your disc gear is going to change into DPS gear.
    As kelesti said - it won't magically change to DPS gear - it already IS dps gear - literally 3 pieces of disco BiS are shadow tier! Though the buff to holy T10 may mean we can justify taking our intended tier now, especially if they bump it to 10%.