15+ Year Old Account

Why Teleport + Valkyr's on Lich King isn't an Exploit

Because it's hard. Here are all the ways this method can get you killed.

1) Drop your portal, everything works for a while, then you get Defile and Valkyr'd at the same time, causing you to port back into the Defile and wipe the raid.
    2) Drop your portal, then move off to the side so that Defile doesn't hit your portal. Hee hee you're so smart. Oh shit the valkyr took you out of range on your circle. You die.
    3) You pull off everything successfully, except now there's a Defile between you and the raid. Ok, so lets just run arou-Infest goes out and you die. Healers say on vent "He was out of range!"
    4) You accidentally hit teleport. It's on cooldown while you get picked up. FML.
    5) OK! So you drop your portal and watch the Defile cooldown. When Defile is up, you move to the side with it, then back again in time for the Valkyr. When Valkyr are off CD you reposition so you don't die to Infest and can still dps. You continue to re-drop Circle as you go. Then someone else fucks up and the Valkyr go in different directions, and during this Defile is dropped on your teleport while you are in the air.

And even if it were an exploit, they could make the drop command cause a 2-4 second stun and thus prevent this in the first place. Since they haven't, there you have it.

R.I.P. YARG

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Why Teleport + Valkyr's on Lich King isn't an Exploit

What exactly is the "exploit"?

Teleport before you get picked up, so you don't get picked up?
    or
    Teleport back onto the platform after you've been dropped by the Valkyr over the edge?

I tried the latter yesterday in a 10 man and I couldn't get it to work.

Hunters can Disengage back to platform when val'kyr had already dropped the player.

/exploit discuss

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Turboteckel
    Teleport back onto the platform after you've been dropped by the Valkyr over the edge?
    This. You must have been out of range.

Hunters can Disengage back to platform when val'kyr had already dropped the player.

/exploit discuss
    Mages can blink. As I said, I don't think its an exploit.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Allistairio

/exploit discuss
    Well you can't win the Fight with one Hunter that can survive 1 Valkyr... and you can't count on it to always work so me personaly, I would give it the same Level as Vanishing Tear Gas: Not Planed but hey who realy cares?
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

1) Drop your portal, everything works for a while, then you get Defile and Valkyr'd at the same time, causing you to port back into the Defile and wipe the raid.
    2) Drop your portal, then move off to the side so that Defile doesn't hit your portal. Hee hee you're so smart. Oh shit the valkyr took you out of range on your circle. You die.
    3) You pull off everything successfully, except now there's a Defile between you and the raid. Ok, so lets just run arou-Infest goes out and you die. Healers say on vent "He was out of range!"
    4) You accidentally hit teleport. It's on cooldown while you get picked up. FML.
    5) OK! So you drop your portal and watch the Defile cooldown. When Defile is up, you move to the side with it, then back again in time for the Valkyr. When Valkyr are off CD you reposition so you don't die to Infest and can still dps. You continue to re-drop Circle as you go. Then someone else fucks up and the Valkyr go in different directions, and during this Defile is dropped on your teleport while you are in the air.

And even if it were an exploit, they could make the drop command cause a 2-4 second stun and thus prevent this in the first place. Since they haven't, there you have it.
    Just because something is hard doesn't exclude it from being an exploit (i.e vanilla item duping).
    Just because something is doable doesn't exclude it from being an exploit (i.e FD:ing the Anubisath Defenders in AQ40 back in the days to choose their ability, took several weeks for them to fix it).

I don't consider it an exploit, would probably classify it as abuse of game mechanics at most, more like clever use of game mechanics and I doubt they will "fix" it. Still, all your arguments against it being an exploit are bad.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ight&cn=Cfeuer

disengage nor blink will work.
    no matter what angle you are facing, (be it the center, the ledge, or some other direction.) when the valk picks you up you WILL be facing straight at the center of the platform.
    why does disengage not work? ovbious....you jump backwards. turn in the air? our hunter tried that, still flew off the platform(he was actually saved by the skin of his teeth, then jumped off. but he wasn't able to turn with the valks.

why does blink not work? blink doesn't work on gaps. blink works with the ground directly under your feet. you can't blink across any edge no matter how small. what you can do is blink while 50 yards in the air and if your over flat ground you will instantly be on the ground, 15 yards in a northern or other direction of where you were in the air.

lock portals? oh will definatly work if not ranged or under a defile.

having a full range group for this fight can more than get the job done. melee are a crutch. they can't hit defiles and they get screwed if a valk goes over a defile(which is the raids faults anyway)
    best non-range class is a DK for his chains. having a pally of any spec to hammer them is helpful too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

15+ Year Old Account

@Gogge - You're taking me too seriously this morning.

@cfeuer1 - As far as I know, Mages can blink. I heard about it on Ventrilo but did not see it myself. Hunters can disengage by turning after the drop (very easy to do), you yourself saw it happen.

R.I.P. YARG

@Gogge - You're taking me too seriously this morning.
    Ah, too much EJ for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gogge
    Ah, too much EJ for me.
    Yeah We're a light hearted bunch over here, check out the thread on female Voidwalkers.

Sometimes we get into numbers and playstyle discussions, but they tend to be a lot more serious than this.

R.I.P. YARG

Its not really that complicated.

Val'kyrs will never drop you into the area near the throne. So you have plenty of room to drop defile that won't be on your circle.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6444/lktele.jpg
    The are you can move around in is even larger than that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage blink should work.

I haven't tried it myself, but it should wrok.
    Mage blink will move you 20 yards forward if on the ground, or 20 yards diagonally TO the ground if it can be reached from the air.
    that clear up that issue?

OP: I do not believe any of these abilities are exploits, just game mechanics and useful. As in any fight certain classes have the upper hand with proper use of their abilities.

Yeah We're a light hearted bunch over here, check out the thread on female Voidwalkers.

Sometimes we get into numbers and playstyle discussions, but they tend to be a lot more serious than this.
    God I wish this were true... today was my first day of being registered here. I love these forums and read them daily, but today a few threads forced me to the inevitable joining. As soon as I posted a few of my light-hearted ideas I was immediately in the bashing gauntlet of memes, slander, and even questioning my grammar instead of focusing on what was actually being said, which was correct. Anyway, still love this place, just taken aback by how ridiculous some of the "trolling" can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunataria
    Mage blink should work.

I haven't tried it myself, but it should wrok.
    Mage blink will move you 20 yards forward if on the ground, or 20 yards diagonally TO the ground if it can be reached from the air.
    that clear up that issue?
    i won't say it "should" work. but it would be very nice. take your flying mount to anywhere in northrend or burning crusade, find a ledge(NOT a slope. has to be a corner where clones,pets.companions can't run up). dismount and blink. you won't lunge forward onto the lege, try it on a ledge you will survive.

locks are lucky. if they can manage it, more power to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

the portal thing is a bit tedious as you have to replace one everytime you move from any of the various mechanics in that phase
    I suspect with the 5% damage increase valks shouldnt be what is wiping your raid anymore
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Blink does not work. All mages get is a pathing error and a one way ticket TO THE GROUND BABY!
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

Deleted

I'm sorry but this is just stupid. What you're saying is that it's OK to do 'bad' things because there may be consequences, pretty much.

I can rob the bank, it's OK, because I MAY be caught or shot? I can steal, because I can be caught? What may happen because of obvious jackassery isn't making the jackassery itself any less jackassish.

Blink i belive does NOT work. Based on the idea that mages can save themselves from fall death due to a well timed blink. Example: When a mage jumps off a clif and blinks he may be ported back up to the top if timed within the instant he jumps off.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blink

is a partial source. Blink used to be as a way for mages to prevent fall death when ice block was on cooldown. (with the minor glyph to remove the reagent it isn't needed anymore.) In a time before glyphs it used to be very viable.

Disengage: I do believe this could work provided the hunter can spin fast enough and with disengage keybound you can mouse spin in under a sec aswell as hit the hotkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefaroth

God I wish this were true... today was my first day of being registered here. I love these forums and read them daily, but today a few threads forced me to the inevitable joining. As soon as I posted a few of my light-hearted ideas I was immediately in the bashing gauntlet of memes, slander, and even questioning my grammar instead of focusing on what was actually being said, which was correct. Anyway, still love this place, just taken aback by how ridiculous some of the "trolling" can get.
    We manage to keep most of that out of this particular forum. Peer pressure can be a wonderful thing. Offenders will be mocked unrelentingly.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.