Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk
    See it's just that type of response that is dragging this game down.
    Why don't people help each other anymore?
    Is flaming all that people know how to do?

And to answer the question, at the moment we still do but as of Cataclysm we will have to pick up new spells at varying levels but we won't have to visit the trainer every 4-6 levels to get say rank 2.

Spell Ranks will be gone as it will be level scaled, but new abilities will still be found at trainers along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by alt

Sorry, limited attempts due to depleted guild roster not due to Blizzard's coding. I should've clarified that.

And it honestly isn't due to trash. There wasn't that much trash on vanilla and TBC that guilds spend more than half their time on them. On farm bosses, yes, but not on progression bosses.
    This is only partially true, I remember times in TBC where we would be working on M'uru or Kael'thas and have trash respawn ontop of us, there was a lot of trash in TBC, Sunwell had a lot, Hyjal had waves and if you wiped on a wave you had to start ALL over again, how could you forget that? BT had some awful trash, and I think SSC had the worst trash in the entire game, the list goes on, TK, Mag, Gruul, even Karazhan had a ton of trash. If you added up how much time it took to clear to all of the bosses, yeah you'd be dumbfounded. My TBC guild raided something like 5 days a week for TK, SSC, BT, Hyjal. It's not like Wotlk where you had TOC which had no trash, Ulduar which has very little trash between bosses, Sarth which had minibosses and small trash packs, Malygos which had no trash, I think the most trash so far has to be ICC, could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Hey, you're the one who made the assertion that guilds have made more attempts at LK than at any other boss in the history of WoW. Burden of proof is on you, buddy.
    Mmmmm, nope, I made a fair assumption by taking into account how guilds are raiding in icc and came up with a number, which makes total sense. They spend attempts on LK in 10/25hc with mains and alts. Someone came in and said, they didn't make those attempts, in other words, they have stopped trying him on 10hc or25hc modes and with mains or alts. So, it means you have to prove me that they have stopped using alts and stopped doing 10hc. Because all i know, most guilds have been screaming about how they are using alts to progress. Even if their alts are not as geared as mains, they are still attempting, which means they do LEARN something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Would be interesting to know after heroic LK is killed how blizzard calculated on how to tune him( especially the last 30% buff, speed tuning? or didnt the testers notice that 30 mill hp was missing?) just to verify that they just dont pull numbers out of the air or make intentionally impossible encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebase
    Content is too easy compared to Vanilla and BC raiding styles.
    yes sir you are absolutely correct we should go back to encounters that are unclearable until 40 people have X level of Y resistance

or are unclearable due to major bugs

or are unclearable due to poor game mechanics

You're an idiot./
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Sorry, limited attempts due to depleted guild roster not due to Blizzard's coding. I should've clarified that.

And it honestly isn't due to trash. There wasn't that much trash on vanilla and TBC that guilds spend more than half their time on them. On farm bosses, yes, but not on progression bosses.
    This all time, people have been coming on forums and saying how easy and limited trash is compared to vanilla and tbc, and the trash has been reduced and dumbed down in wotlk when compared to tbc, i played tbc from start.
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

Have there ever been any funny comics? All of the ones i've seen are really stupid

i like + 30% buff.
    maybe can do some bosses with 5 men grp.
    tbh , i would like +50%, or +100%. if you want do it dirty, do it really dirty hehe XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone

This is only partially true, I remember times in TBC where we would be working on M'uru or Kael'thas and have trash respawn ontop of us, there was a lot of trash in TBC, Sunwell had a lot, Hyjal had waves and if you wiped on a wave you had to start ALL over again, how could you forget that? BT had some awful trash, and I think SSC had the worst trash in the entire game, the list goes on, TK, Mag, Gruul, even Karazhan had a ton of trash. If you added up how much time it took to clear to all of the bosses, yeah you'd be dumbfounded. My TBC guild raided something like 5 days a week for TK, SSC, BT, Hyjal. It's not like Wotlk where you had TOC which had no trash, Ulduar which has very little trash between bosses, Sarth which had minibosses and small trash packs, Malygos which had no trash, I think the most trash so far has to be ICC, could be wrong.
    This.

I personally never raided BT and sunwell. But the trash in ssc and tk was awful, shit loads of tiem spend on them. Kara had shit loads of trash. Although ZA along with ulduar and icc have the best trash according to me (adding a little more is fine by me). Mobs before ignis would rape your melee :-X

15+ Year Old Account

lich king is mostly about execution. doesn't matter how much health damage and healing you can do if defile is covering up 80% of the platform...

I think SSC had the worst trash in the entire game, the list goes on, T.

sounds like someone never did AQ40. Jesus christ the trash at the end was painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattias
    [quoteI think SSC had the worst trash in the entire game, the list goes on, T.

sounds like someone never did AQ40. Jesus christ the trash at the end was painful.
    Yeah I started at the end of Vanilla, I wish I could have experience Vanilla raids, watching videos was why I started WoW, the raiding was so epic and larger than life. The AQ Gate opening vid I saw was mind blowing.
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kattias
    [quoteI think SSC had the worst trash in the entire game, the list goes on, T.

Never did the place at 60, i started in tbc. But according to blizz and many people who raided naxx40, say it had the most awful trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone

I wouldn't say it was that bad. The first 4 bosses in Hyjal are on the order of normal modes in WotLK anyway. The only difficult part of the instance was Archimonde and he had no trash. M'uru didn't really have that much trash, only a few pulls. After they fixed SSC/TK in 2.1, the rest of the bosses that had terrible trash were either easy bosses or let you rez and recover in their room without redoing much of their trash. Only Kael'thas and Kalecgos were the exceptions I could remember, difficult bosses that had lots of respawning trash that needed to be killed again.

In spite of all that, my guild got to Sapphiron before TBC hit and just killed M'uru before patch 3.0. In WotLK, we were unable to beat Mimiron hard mode, Freya hard mode, YS +2/3/4 and Algalon before we stopped Ulduar to concentrate on TOGC.

There are only a few normal mode encounters in WotLK that aren't a complete faceroll (YS, Mimiron, Lanathel, Putricide, Sindragosa, LK) and Blizzard is nerfing them very soon after we beat them (or before we do, in LK's case). With how difficult heroic modes are and how slight the better rewards are, many guilds like mine are getting to the point where we just want to faceroll what Blizzard lets us faceroll and then call it a day until they nerf the next encounter.

I wouldn't say it was that bad. The first 4 bosses in Hyjal are on the order of normal modes in WotLK anyway. The only difficult part of the instance was Archimonde and he had no trash. M'uru didn't really have that much trash, only a few pulls. After they fixed SSC/TK in 2.1, the rest of the bosses that had terrible trash were either easy bosses or let you rez and recover in their room without redoing much of their trash. Only Kael'thas and Kalecgos were the exceptions I could remember, difficult bosses that had lots of respawning trash that needed to be killed again.

In spite of all that, my guild got to Sapphiron before TBC hit and just killed M'uru before patch 3.0. In WotLK, we were unable to beat Mimiron hard mode, Freya hard mode, YS +2/3/4 and Algalon before we stopped Ulduar to concentrate on TOGC.

There are only a few normal mode encounters in WotLK that aren't a complete faceroll (YS, Mimiron, Lanathel, Putricide, Sindragosa, LK) and Blizzard is nerfing them very soon after we beat them (or before we do, in LK's case). With how difficult heroic modes are and how slight the better rewards are, many guilds like mine are getting to the point where we just want to faceroll what Blizzard lets us faceroll and then call it a day until they nerf the next encounter.
    I was talking about the amount trash, not boss difficulty. Having trash spawn ontop of us during a boss encounter was only a problem some of the time, only a few bosses I can think of had trash either directly in our path or shortly before when we had to run back from a wipe. I used Hyjal as an example because if you wiped on one of the bosses before Archimonde you had to do the trash all over again, if I remember correctly.
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    This all time, people have been coming on forums and saying how easy and limited trash is compared to vanilla and tbc, and the trash has been reduced and dumbed down in wotlk when compared to tbc, i played tbc from start.

It's not a bad thing to nerf trash, really. Trash never challenged people, even if they wipe them on occasion. It's just there to slow people down by making them rez a few players every now and then and have to pause to give sheep targets and crap. That said, it never reached a point where it was 50% of the raid time unless you have the instance completely on farm mode.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve
    So what you're saying is that haste will affect 100% of melee class's damage just like it will affect 100% of ranged class's damage. Hmm, sounds so unfair.
    Yeah, it's unfair. Why should melee get faster resource-regeneration AND faster hits, and ranged (casters)
    Only get x % faster casting?...

EDIT: wops, forgot the lower GCD... my bad :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Eek at AQ40 trash. Anubisath nightmare brigade or AQ suppression madness!

And trash could be challenging tbh. I think more people would die to Kael trash than to Void Reaver tbh.
    More people die to lootreaver trash than to lootreaver. Buzz-saw throwing bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz
    Yeah, it's unfair. Why should melee get faster resource-regeneration AND faster hits, and ranged (casters)
    Only get x % faster casting?...
    Faster casting and faster GCD.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    Faster casting and faster GCD.
    Yeah.. just remembered. sorry :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

It's not a bad thing to nerf trash, really. Trash never challenged people, even if they wipe them on occasion. It's just there to slow people down by making them rez a few players every now and then and have to pause to give sheep targets and crap. That said, it never reached a point where it was 50% of the raid time unless you have the instance completely on farm mode.
    Trash in tbc did challenge alot of guilds and was time consuming. The borg lords in ssc could instantly kill people if you didn't move from his acid in a sec. Also what Jasyn said.

People hardly spend time on trash now, in tbc trash was a big deal and by looking at things, in vanilla aswell.

If you didn't find tbc trash hard and time consuming, then your a complete different pro who stayed under the radar for all of WoW :P