Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

BB blizz that just stupid, im off to play hello kitty online :'(
    think when it gets to 30% is it does gunna be fresh dings with Kingslayer title lol QQ blizz QQ

This instance as is is pretty hard. That was the challenge, beating it as soon as it came out. Most people haven't done that especially in 25 man. This is THE raid of the game for the warcraft series, with Arthas. Bliz wants to make sure that EVERYONE who puts any effort will eventually see this content, to deny them that after they've waited the 18 months for it to finally be released because they can't get into "elite" guilds or have endless time to grind away at it, is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by jenseits
    This instance as is is pretty hard. That was the challenge, beating it as soon as it came out. Most people haven't done that especially in 25 man. This is THE raid of the game for the warcraft series, with Arthas. Bliz wants to make sure that EVERYONE who puts any effort will eventually see this content, to deny them that after they've waited the 18 months for it to finally be released because they can't get into "elite" guilds or have endless time to grind away at it, is ridiculous
    not for hard modes it isnt

Quote Originally Posted by Igneusnex
    Honestly, the competitive top guilds won't even use this, and if you dont want to you don't have to. For those of us that dont live our lives on this game and who quite frankly couldn't care less about server rankings its a nice bonus.
    pretty sure paragon and ensidia both used it in ther LK h mode kill today

in normal modes fair enough bad players need help, but a 30% buff in hard modes really doesnt make alot of sense... whats the point in turning it off when theres no penalty for using it and no reward for not using it knowing that your competition is going to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite

To those stuck up people, if you want to feel special then find the cure for cancer. I heard no one got the achievement yet.
    Best quote ever <3
    Tripawd 80 Druid <Blood Faith> Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite

To those stuck up people, if you want to feel special then find the cure for cancer. I heard no one got the achievement yet.

They ought to disable raid achievements for using the buff. The zone buff came too early. You don't need to be a top 100 world guild to down LK normal, just a top 5 server guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattias
    not for hard modes it isnt
    Hard Modes =/= See the Content.

Quote Originally Posted by jenseits

God forbid the end goal of this massive, content filled game is hard. God forbid someone who hit level 80, ran 3 hours of heroics, got carried through 1 month of iccs, is not able to down the LK. Let them cry about it in my opinion. I think most of the more experienced players are not upset that they have not reached the LK yet.

Also, what percentage of people who are complaining about content difficulty have been playing wow since before WOTLK even? probably not alot.. and what percentage of those who started playing wow in the last 6 months ever raided ulduar? naxxramus? OS? EOE? etc.. probably not a lot because this content is outdated and it is not necessary to even enter the instance anymore (except now maybe for the first or second boss for a weekly) If there is any complaint of lack of end game content when we only do TOC and ICC first wing, then its simply a matter of blizzard screwing themselves and not making the raiding system more of a latter system (have to do naxx, ulduar, toc, etc before your geared for icc).

I think over time when everyone is getting more geared, strats on the bosses become more reformed, those who put a litte bit more time and effort into learning how to play the game.. could all be clearing.. at least up to the LK, weekly.. without a buff. I pug icc every week on a few of my toons, and i can clearly see why some of these players arent getting passed the first wing.. they simply arent good. I honestly believe that with a 30% buff, most of these people/pugs wont be getting to the LK.. you still wont be able to ignore the mechanics of the fight and of your class, one thing most of these guys excel at.

It ok guys.. this whole arguement/discussion will be pointless come Cataclysm, where they are suppose to fix the clearly flawed system of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarra
    If this shit goes live in a near future as 30% I'm going to fucking leave the game.

If will be better wasting my money on Habbo or some crappy game. 12 euros for cloths and other crap...

I bet it was Fucking Bobby Kotick that made this shit, I hope he dies with Hemorrhoids
    dont use it then jesus fucking christ.

The zone buff is an alright idea, but 30% is a little excessive. I understand that Blizz wants everyone regardless of skill level to see end game content, but 30% is pretty much doing all the hard work for them.

I think that's what annoys hardcore players the most. It's not that the game starts too easy or anything, it's just that Blizz has to dumb everything down after a while so that even Little Johnny the Huntard who has a 15% void zone survivability rate will get to do what the hardcore players worked their butts off to do. I sort of agree with this sentiment--part of the incentive to be hardcore was to do something that not a lot of other people got to do. It was in itself an achievement. Doing the Hard Mode of a fight or downing a fight first without the 30% (or even 5%) buff is still an accomplishment compared to the people who need the 30% to get anything done, but it's not really the same. A hard mode is still the same fight, same content. It's just that the rules slightly change.

Because of this, I think Blizzard should take a look at what they did with Algalon, because I consider that a huge success. It's a Hard-Mode Only boss, which means it's something only the hard-mode/hardcore players will get to see and kill it in its current tier of progression. It's slightly against Blizz's new philosophy of let every average Dick and Jane do what Paragon can do, but it was just such a good bone to throw to the hardcore raiders. Algalon was a fun and exciting fight and if you fought him in T8 you knew that you were a baller. The Average Joes still got to see all of Ulduar's content, but Algalon was reserved for the top tier. I liked that, Blizz should do something like that a lot more often.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    I did read it properly, and it reads that not only will haste continue to affect melee white hits, bit it will also affect their resource generation, which means the time between yellow attacks will now be decreased aswell.
    Hmm, good point with that. That one word might make a difference. Kind of hoping it'll come through like that, actually.. we'll see.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

lich king = more fun to kill and easier

10% this week

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde
    10% this week
    Where does it say that we're getting a 10% buff this week in ICC?