Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

God yes! ill be able to pug more than 1 wings now
    And btw sweet wannabe-hardcore raider's tears. If you are so awsome clear the whole thing without the buff no one is forcing you to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    WAHHHH I Don't have the time or effort to compete at an Olympic level at any sport! It's not fair! I need to be buffed so I can win gold medals too!
    Except this isn't the Olympics, and we don't all want to win the gold medal, just be able to finish a course.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernautt
    ONE.

The tooltip linked on the main page for the alliance buff is a typo. "The King of Stromwind!"

TWO.

Beating the lich king normal 25 man mode - Yogg4k
    Beating the lich king herioc mode 25 man with 30% buff - Yogg1k
    Beating the lich king herioc mode 25 man with 0% buff - yogg0k

Enjoy!

i'll quote spam this one more time, maybe you guys will read post and not just make a post screaming i did not read anything else. Least the good players read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critterbot
    Btw Norway is not a wasteland! :-\
    <3

and I don't see why not make that raid wide buff - I for one am in a slow moving guild, we have only killed 6 bosses so far in ICC, yes....flame me, but I still have fun playing with my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Xingu
    what is wrong with you November people?? I suggest total frontal lobotomy and a glass of warm milk.
    I rather have a bottle in front of me, then a frontal labotomy.

Personally I like the buff because it’s allows more players to experience WoW content with out having to be a guild that will kick out their best friend if he or she sucks.

Note: Only 1.7% of guilds on wow progress have killed the Lich King on 25 normal.

Only reason I can think that players will not like this buff is because they want feel special because only a few players actually killed the Lich King. It’s a video game, It’s entertainment, what’s the point of playing WoW if you can’t experience end content because you are in a guild of friends that are casual.

To those stuck up people, if you want to feel special then find the cure for cancer. I heard no one got the achievement yet.

WAHHHH I Don't have the time or effort to compete at an Olympic level at any sport! It's not fair! I need to be buffed so I can win gold medals too!
    Good thing WoW is a game rather than a sport. Seriously, I just have one thing to say to the guys who feel this way.

I find it interesting that you compare an online game to an Olympic sport. Do you get out much?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN
    You are probably right, but if so. They should shut the hell up about it beeing to easy atleast. Since they could just choose to not use it.
    You're right, but it still makes no sense playing without the buff... you could just as well say let's play without our normal buffs, it makes the fight harder.

Here's my opinion of it. Wrath of the Lich King adopted this new philosophy of making content accessible. Everyone deserves the right to see content in some way shape or form, whether they prefer 10 or 25 man raids, or whether they are looking for a tough challenge or something easy.

Normal mode exists for the purpose of everyone seeing the fights, experiencing the story, and what have you. Heroic mode is stated to exist solely for hardcore raiders to challenge themselves at a higher level, and as such it has better rewards in the way of loot, and vanity items, including the 310% raid mounts. The ICC raid wide buff is intended to allow for even more accessibility, and more people seeing the content / story / etc.

What I don't understand is why Heroic mode needs to be more accessible, when it's existence was for people who sought a challenge, and earned higher rewards because of it? By the end of this expansion, this will compromise the integrity of heroic loot, titles, achievements, and Glory raiding mounts, which I feel is very unfortunate. I know many people will disagree, which is understandable, as this is just my opinion on the matter.

I won't quit the game, or stop raiding, or anything silly like that because of this, but in terms of competition between guilds, and the integrity of the raid itself as well as the rewards, I feel this is a poor decision for the game, and am disappointed in its implementation.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

What happen if we don't take the buff, aside from pride... do we get any special additional loot, or anything else?

This week we're going to have a LOT more kills.

In this thread: Bunch of folks who let what OTHER PEOPLE are accomplishing in a game affect their personal enjoyment of said game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

5 percent i can understand, lol@30.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    5 percent i can understand, lol@30.
    There was a ~30% nerf to bosses near the end of TBC. It's not surprising, or anything new really.

They just took the simple route this time. One big adjustment, rather than dozens of small ones.

Plus, this way it's optional so that people can beat the bosses without it.

Deleted

At least they are making it optional. It's better than nerfing all bosses.

Blue post said the buff will come 1 month after LK is released. That's what just happened, dunno why ppl are surprised cause it's "so early".

The versions of the raidwide buffs have been posted on frontpage of MMO-Champion more than 1 month ago, all the 6 versions of them (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30%). Again, why are ppl surprised that "it's up to 30%!!!!".

Blues also said even before IC went live that the guilds looking for a real challenge can turn off the buff and then try defeating heroic LK, if they're that skilled. Why all the hate about the buff when you can just disable it if you're that pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen
    I agree 100% absolutely every normal mode is just over tuned by an insane amount they really need to get the normal modes been accessible, I mean bone spikes on lolgar, adds on lady and fang, end wing bosses that are not tank and spank what were they thinking !
    Hehe I completely agree. If they want do down bosses, that's what 10mans are for. They're simple! Same story, easymode. This buff is bull.

Predicting damage - the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Minia
    That's what 10mans are for. They're simple! Same story, easymode. This buff is bull.
    Yep, that's why hc LK still hasn't been killed on 10 man yet (after 4 weeks), even by the guilds who already have heroic 25 man gear.

I may be mistaken on the Haste topic, but my perspective on this is that haste will not be affecting cooldowns, only resources.

I.E. Rogues get Energy back faster, Rets get improved Mana regeneration (maybe similar to how Warriors get Rage; on hits) and DKs get rune cooldowns.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

the thing is, even people who dont need it will end up using it, I mean why not ? No beef about the buff though, our 25man can use 5 percent for festergut, but anything higher will become a joke. 30 percent is crazy.