Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    the thing is, even people who dont need it will end up using it, I mean why not ? No beef about the buff though, our 25man can use 5 percent for rotface, but anything higher will become a joke. 30 percent is crazy.
    i bet you were crying exactly like that at the 30% nerf at bosses at the end of TBC. its the exact same thing damnit.

Glad to see this. Myself, I don't have enough free time to run any raids besides Ony and VoA, but it's good to see fellow casuals getting to experience this stuff with a smaller time sink.

Deleted

So with no spell ranks do we not have to train when we level anymore? (besides new spells of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen
    Because it requires enormous amounts of time beyond 6hrs a week just to reach LK right, typical bad (sorry very un pc of me I mean blizzard core market) excuse makes me die inside
    First of all, no one is downing the Lich King if they haven't averaged a lot more than 6 hours a week since they started playing WoW. If they are, they're being carried by players who are a lot more dedicated than then.

Second, why does it bother you? I'm in a guild that has not yet dropped any of the wing bosses. I still have fun playing, but typically we get in about 6 hours of raiding, the majority of which is eaten up doing VoA, the raid weekly, and then all the non wing boss mobs. We get at best 10 attempts a week on the wing bosses, and although we would eventually get some of them down, it's doubtful we'd ever get the Lich King down before the very end of the expansion unless we get some help along the way. The question is: Why would it bother you if we kill the LK thanks in part to this buff?

I was pretty proud of beating The Legend of Zelda (both quests) without using a hint book, Nintendo Power, etc. For a nine year old that was pretty cool. My satisfaction never decreased from knowing that other people used Game Genie or an official guide, or cheat codes, or whatever. My accomplishment, great or small, was my own, and it was on my own terms, and if every person in America manages to beat The Legend of Zelda, that will never diminish.

If you beat the Lich King on your own terms, whatever they are, then who cares if I come along and beat him three months later? Do you think you are e-famous? Do you think any one cares that you were 17th in the world to beat him other than you? Other than you, do you think any one will ever care that you killed him with or without the buff?

What other people do should not have a large impact on your enjoyment. You know what you've accomplished, and if personal pride isn't enough reward than tough cookies, because no one else gives a crap.

In general, I find arguments to be generally weak that say "This class does X so I should be able to as well." If you have specific problems in PvP, mention those. If you think your damage is too low to exert pressure, that's a fine conversation to have. I would try to do it without the "But X ability hits hard, so mine should too" talking points.

Frost mage damage are too low to exert pressure right now. i dont think a buff of 5% is enough. We are replace by lock right now. They do damage, CC and more damage. Now we are going to loose absorbtion bonus from disc priest. So why take a mage? Mage are broken right now.

Why would it bother you if we kill the LK thanks in part to this buff?
    This doesn't present any kind of issue for anyone really, the sentiment is that it should not apply to heroic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    the thing is, even people who dont need it will end up using it, I mean why not ? No beef about the buff though, our 25man can use 5 percent for festergut, but anything higher will become a joke. 30 percent is crazy.
    People do what they really want, they can say all kinds of things.

For example your guild says they are all cool and bash WoW for being casual on a daily basis. But in reality the majority of your guild doesn't have the balls to actually play without the buff and will use it whilst telling everyone how lame it is.

So you say you hate the buff, but that's just what you say. Fact is you love the buff, it shows in your actions.

This is pathetic! Blizz comes out with content that is actually kinda hard and not clearable in a day, then their saying "Oh! The baddie players who dont know how to play cannot clear the bosses! Lets give them a buff so gear is easy again!" Absolutely terrible idea and another fail on Blizz. Since wrath the "World First" downings are meaningless. Content is too easy compared to Vanilla and BC raiding styles. Such as, if you cant down a boss, your not progressing, but now its "Hey, we suck guys and cannot down this boss, so lets skip it or do easy mode cuz we cant get our crap together." Its not a fun competition anymore. WoW is boring anymore in raiding and too dang easy. GG Blizz on yet another Wrath fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alveia
    This doesn't present any kind of issue for anyone really, the sentiment is that it should not apply to heroic mode.
    In the same time, someone can say that the buff should be higher on heroic modes and still won't make that big impact than it does on normal modes. Because usually heroic modes are more about coordination/skill than they are about more dps/hp. Sure, heroic modes needs both of these things, but you can even have the +100% buff version, as a guild, but if you don't have the coordination/skill needed for heroic modes, you still won't get anywhere even with the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebase
    This is pathetic! Blizz comes out with content that is actually kinda hard and not clearable in a day, then their saying "Oh! The baddie players who dont know how to play cannot clear the bosses! Lets give them a buff so gear is easy again!"
    Dunno why you even post it like that, when Blizz announced about the raid wide buff even before IC was released.

My guild raids 7 1/2 hours a week and we're on the lich king. In 25man. You don't even really need time to get there. So I'd appreciate it if some people stopped showing their ignorance by saying OMFGURAIDALLTHETIMETHATSHOWYOUKILLTHINGSWEHAVELIVES because the truth is, some people are just a hell of a lot better at games than others.

Predicting damage - the right way.

The interesting thing about this buff and the Lich King is that it doesnt matter how much damage you can pump out or how much health you have, OR how much you can heal.. There are certain elements of this fight that if you screw up, you are NOT killing him. THAT is what i like about the Lich King Fight.

Retard Test #1
    If you have people who cant move for the Plague BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #2
    If you have someone who doesnt know how to cleanse quickly, BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #3
    If you have people running into the Frozen Orbs, BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #4
    If you have people who cant switch targets quickly, BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #5
    If you have people who cant move out of the Defile, BOOM its a Wipe.

Well you get the picture, its a mechanic fight and not something you face roll with magical buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mnjiman
    The interesting thing about this buff and the Lich King is that it doesnt matter how much damage you can pump out or how much health you have, OR how much you can heal.. There are certain elements of this fight that if you screw up, you are NOT killing him. THAT is what i like about the Lich King Fight.

Retard Test #1
    If you have people who cant move for the Plague BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #2
    If you have someone who doesnt know how to cleanse quickly, BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #3
    If you have people running into the Frozen Orbs, BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #4
    If you have people who cant switch targets quickly, BOOM its a wipe.

Retard Test #5
    If you have people who cant move out of the Defile, BOOM its a Wipe.

Well you get the picture, its a mechanic fight and not something you face roll with magical buffs.
    Yes, that's true. Same for heroic modes. Some guilds can have even +500% buff and still not stand a chance defeating these bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebase
    This is pathetic! Blizz comes out with content that is actually kinda hard and not clearable in a day, then their saying "Oh! The baddie players who dont know how to play cannot clear the bosses! Lets give them a buff so gear is easy again!"
    And as has been said to every other kneejerking cretin in this thread: You can turn the buff off if you want a challenge. You're the people who won't do this themselves, so assume that everybody else won't either. You aren't really complaining about the buff - you just want people to think you're 1337 d00dz.

In the same time, someone can say that the buff should be higher on heroic modes and still won't make that big impact than it does on normal modes. Because usually heroic modes are more about coordination/skill than they are about more dps/hp. Sure, heroic modes needs both of these things, but you can even have the +100% buff version, as a guild, but if you don't have the coordination/skill needed for heroic modes, you still won't get anywhere even with the buff.
    This simply isn't true from my experience thus far in Heroic ICC. Marrowgar Heroic makes being too close to Bone Storm or running through Coldflame a real hazard that can wipe your raid, bone spikes hit for a ton more and need to be killed quickly during Bone Storm. The buff negates the entire challenge of this fight at its full effect.

The challenge of Deathwhisper Heroic is that if anyone is hit by a ghost it's an instant wipe, but with the buff you will have so much health that ghost damage is inconsequential now because you can survive it, and therefore have no reason to even move.

Gunship, lol.

Saurfang Heroic has very steep DPS, healing and tanking requirements which make it challenging, with the buff this is essentially negated, because marks are easier to heal due to more healing and more health, and he dies faster resulting in fewer marks and less BP gain from the large DPS increase.

While I personally haven't attempted any other heroic fights yet, I imagine this trend will continue throughout the entire raid, with Heroic LK possibly being the only fight not trivialized by the full buff.

Cerabret100

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite
    Yes, it is Aeris. Sorry about the spoiler. If you want to get to joke watch this video:

Warning Spoiler
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq06bZF3qX8
    Warning Spoiler

After...what? 12 or 13 years, i think it's okay to not preface this with a spoiler. the time limit on that has way come and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret100
    After...what? 12 or 13 years, i think it's okay to not preface this with a spoiler. the time limit on that has way come and gone.
    Someone called me on it, so I fixed it.
    You can download it on PSN and play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minia
    Hehe I completely agree. If they want do down bosses, that's what 10mans are for. They're simple! Same story, easymode. This buff is bull.
    10 men are easy because most of us do them in 25 men gear.

But if people are only using 232 gear for it, I'm not sure it's THAT easy.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    I shall explain to you how haste works and then you can judge for yourself -

White hits (melee) - Decreases the white attack swing timer so that the time between each swing is shortened, thus providing more dps. White attacks are unaffected by lag and receive full haste benefit all of the time you stand close to the boss. Haste on white attacks is a passive bonus that is not prone to user error.

Channelled and cast times (caster) - Does not decreases the time between attacks (unlike melee haste), but rather decreases the time it takes to cast or channel a spell. Since the time between casted attacks is 100% user dependant and therefore affected by lag, haste for casters does not provide full bonus all of the time. It is not passive, prone to user error and is valued a heck of a lot less in lag period.

DoT's - Completely unaffected by haste. Only SOME dots if glyphed will benefit from haste. Rest of the dots receive no haste benefit at all.

Proposed changes - The time between melee yellow attacks is decreased.

This is exponentially unfair towards casters because haste passively affects white hits which recieve full benefit and user error and lag have no affect on the white attacks. Yellow attacks are instant damage, whereas casted attacks have to wait xx seconds before the damage lands.

So if this change happens in Cata we have -

Melee - Receive 100% benefit from a passively working haste buff on white attacks, and full haste benefit on instant damaging attacks that will only minorly be affected by lag, and almost no impact on user error if they mash there buttons.

Casters - Receive 100% benefit from haste WHILST CASTING, no benefit whatsover whilst moving, and some damage attacked (DOTS) receiving no benefit whatsoever from haste.

THAT is why it is unfair.
    You need to read back on what blizzard said earlier about haste. weapon swing decreasing for melee is getting removed in favor for the rage/energy/focus/etc resource thing they mentioned.

Some DoTs scale with haste now in 3.3.3 without glyphs and glyphs are getting a complete overhaul anways.

If dont keep track of these things we cant help you in future when you make a fool of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric
    You need to read back on what blizzard said earlier about haste. weapon swing decreasing for melee is getting removed in favor for the rage/energy/focus/etc resource thing they mentioned.

Some DoTs scale with haste now in 3.3.3 without glyphs and glyphs are getting a complete overhaul anways.

If dont keep track of these things we cant help you in future when you make a fool of yourself.
    Haste in Cataclysm
    Haste will basically remain the same for casters. It is changing for melee classes, however. Haste will also allow melee classes to recover their resources more quickly, effectively letting them hit their buttons more often.
    "Also," as in, "in addition to," not "instead of." Melee attack speed haste isn't going anywhere. I haven't seen anything contrary to that.

If there's a blue post somewhere that says that melee attack speed haste is going away, we'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    10 men are easy because most of us do them in 25 men gear.

But if people are only using 232 gear for it, I'm not sure it's THAT easy.
    You don't get into groups with 232 iLvl gear on my server. 245 iLvl or better for ICC-10 on my server for the most-part. Of course there are a few raids with 232 requirement but most are higher.