WF LK 10/25 HM 25% buff
    WF LK 10/25 HM 20% buff
    WF LK 10/25 HM 15% buff
    WF LK 10/25 HM 10% buff
    WF LK 10/25 HM 5% buff
    WF LK 10/25 HM no buff

1 boss, 28 world firsts. The race is on lol
    well i hope the leet's can get him well before it get's to 30%
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    Yet think it this way, most hunters, rogues, and warriors dont want haste AT ALL. They would much rather have armor penetration and crit because haste barely benefits us, and blizz is basically taking armor pen away besides in talents where we may get 20-40% which is no where near how much we have now. If you look at it our damage should be about the same from the massive armor pen drop we will recieve.
    If they drop ArP on player stats, they might also drop Armor on some bosses, works both ways ... And surely having haste at no extra cost is a benefit to a melee, even if it is not the most desired stat. More white hits = more dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I would not be surprised if Invincible mount only dropped when you killed LK HM without the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlyseven
    I would not be surprised if Invincible mount only dropped when you killed LK HM without the buff.
    I sincerely hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by derevka

Ah so it's on by default. You gotta be some kind of masochist to turn it off I guess. If you want bragging rights that's what hard modes are for.

Blizzard really wants people to see ICC! I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard make it go beyond 30% if they don't see enough people completing it. Though 30% is quite a lot you can probably faceroll at that point. :P

No one seems to have a problem if any other game than WoW allows the player to play in Easy, Medium, or Hard difficulty.

I, myself, enjoyed playing Dragon Age Origins on Hard Mode, but it didn't give me anything more than the easy mode would have given me. And it was quite cool to be able to switch on easy mode for the really hard bosses or fights.
    I really wanted to see how the storyline would go.

Why WoW should be different ?
    Actually, WoW gives more to Hardcore Gamers since you can't have Achievements or Special Mounts with the easy mode.

In the end, it's always the same thing.

- Poor sad little boys who thinks they should be the only ones allowed to beat the game.
    - Players putting Arthas on a pedestal who just can't get over the fact that players will kill him without having to do a 20 hours nearly impossible fight. (Usually invocating the Lore but knowing very little about it besides Warcraft 3 & TFT.)

I can understand the buff being 5% strong, and the top guild will probably choose not to use it. But 30% is overkill. Also, the limited tries going from 20 to 35 is too much. Should have gone up to 25 first, then 30, 35, and so on.

To the people complaining about the 30% buff... you won't see that till like cataclysm (~5 months away?) so stop complaining, i'm hella happy for this buff for me

And a 5% increase won't let casuals like us to attempts HM... when we are barely through the 3 wing bosses already. so stfu

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    If they drop ArP on player stats, they might also drop Armor on some bosses, works both ways ... And surely having haste at no extra cost is a benefit to a melee, even if it is not the most desired stat. More white hits = more dps
    Blizz said nothing about armor level dropping

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri
    I can understand the buff being 5% strong, and the top guild will probably choose not to use it. But 30% is overkill. Also, the limited tries going from 20 to 35 is too much. Should have gone up to 25 first, then 30, 35, and so on.
    If BC is any guide, they're planning that it will go up to 30% within a month or two of the Wrath Release, it's not like you'll have months and months of farming 30% nerfed bosses.

Remember they reduced all the BC bosses health by 30% when 3.0 hit.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Plate / Cloth Armor differences
    Plate will still possess much more armor than cloth, the difference just wont be as significant as it is now. (Source)

[...] posted something similar in the Cataclysm forum, but let's look at actual numbers. A level 80 Prot warrior in Icecrown gear unbuffed has like 45,000 health and 30,000 armor. A level 80 mage in Icecrown gear unbuffed might have 20,000 health and 2000 armor. Yes, 2000 armor. We have a lot of room to narrow the gap a little. It's a big gap. (Source)

because they are wearing SILK! as armor. put on a silk shirt, and have your buddy swing a battle axe at your chest. are you still alive? didn't think so.

if mages, warlocks, and priests are getting more armor to mitigate my physical attacks more. then i want armor to be able to mitigate magic damage. it's not right that they get more protection from my attacks when i still get zero protection from theirs.

why not make an achievement based on the number of buff stacks used by the raid, probably a feast of strength. This way, hardcore guilds can still brag about it... Its the only thing they care about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091

because they are wearing SILK! as armor.
    because in a world crammed full of magic it really matters what anything is made out of.

10+ Year Old Account

Really, cloth isn't the issue, since cloth wearers have spells to buff their mitigation. Leather wearers are the ones who end up the most fragile. Mail would be bad too except that shaman can use shields when needed and hunters typically don't get hit by melee much. We just want to bring things a little closer to each other. It's easier to establish a baseline for how hard a particular attack should hit for when one dps spec isn't literally four times as survivable as another.
    So this means that enhancement shamans will still be fragile in Cataclysm, woho..............

Quote Originally Posted by LordArcsinh
    yes sir you are absolutely correct we should go back to encounters that are unclearable until 40 people have X level of Y resistance

or are unclearable due to major bugs

or are unclearable due to poor game mechanics

You're an idiot./
    Pot + Kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretArts
    The incentive is called challenge, something that people have been crying about since WotLK came out.
    Yeah, I'm fine with the buff. And I also agree with the whole "just turn it off if you want a challange". However, I do think some sort of incentive IS in order to raid without the buff. Don't get me wrong , I'm in a fairly average 10man guild who only doing Putricide so I'm not concerned about my own personal epeen or anything. But I don't mind the "hard-core" guilds getting some cool stuff. These guys spend ALOT of time mastering this game and are WAY WAY more skilled than the average player. I don't think theres anything wrong with them flexing their epeen a bit, they deserve to. Give them a cookie why don't ya Blizz. At least remove the buff from the hard modes...geez they are supposed to be ...well...hard aren't they?

10+ Year Old Account

Hehe, DLC made it once again .
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Morbash
    These guys spend ALOT of time mastering this game and are WAY WAY more skilled than the average player.
    Well you're half right

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
    You're right, but it still makes no sense playing without the buff... you could just as well say let's play without our normal buffs, it makes the fight harder.

Well it's pretty simple, bosses in ICC were balanced by using all normal class buffs etc.
    So making a fight harder but not using any class buffs or using a tank etc. is not really balanced and can't really be considered "a higher challenge".
    But this zone buff is a straight up less challenge on the content that has already been balanced, so people that don't want to make it slightly easier, can just turn off the buff.

You will know for a fact that all bosses can be killed without the zone buffs, but you can't really be sure you can kill all bosses without using a tank.

Even though I'm in a casual guild that haven't even killed LK in normal mode, I think 30% would be too much for Heroic ICC at least. In normal ICC it's just fine, but they should had made max 10% buff in Heroic ICC10/25.