Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by derevka

Still waiting to see what Garrosh has to say. Anyone help us out?

Cool buff for ferals.

I remember when they nerfed all bosses+trash in TBC with 30% less health. It was a joke. Our guild sucked but with 30% less health we killed up to KJ making tons of mistakes. Steamrolled black temple. AoEing trash like everyone does now in WotLK.

You know how much a difference 5% more damage is on a fight like saurfang, festergut or blood queen?
    I hope this doesn't affect hardmodes only normal. And i hope my guild is done in ICC before we get to 30% buff so i can take a break till cata.

"If you don't like it then remove the buff QQQQQQQQ". If you don't like not killing the end boss then why didn't you quit in TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    If you don't like not killing the end boss then why didn't you quit in TBC?
    When you use a double negative in a sentence it can be a little confusing for people to understand. Here you have actually used a triple negative, lol. I have no idea what this sentence is supposed to mean. Two negatives equal a positive so I'm guessing if you "don't not like" something then you like it or?

This REALLY needs to not affect Hard Modes.

Who cares about Normal Modes, weren't they designed for the casual to see them? I thought there was still supposed to be a challenge in this game in the form of Heroic Mode encounters. When did that change?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

JESUS CHRIST WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB if you dont want the buff just _TURN_IT_GOD_DAMNED_OFF_ and stop this QQ waterfalls of tears.

5 % More Heal Buff = Discipline Priest nerf : /

Wrath of the Noob King......

A buff that provides a fucking 5% increased damage, that's just sick
    Maybe Blizzards Motives are that everyone shoudl experience the fall of the Lich King..

Quote Originally Posted by Hanno
    When you use a double negative in a sentence it can be a little confusing for people to understand. Here you have actually used a triple negative, lol. I have no idea what this sentence is supposed to mean. Two negatives equal a positive so I'm guessing if you "don't not like" something then you like it or?
    No, in that particular sentence, the negatives do not "cancel out." Double negatives can be appropriate sometimes. The sentence could still be rephrased slightly to make it a little more clear. For example:

"If you don't like not being able to kill the end boss, then why didn't you quit in TBC?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    Who says this will be for HC too?
    I think this buff will only work for ICC normal in order to let everybody see Arthas.

Remember that we are closing a big pile of lore with this expansion, you can't deny it too all those people just because of some QQ from people.
    Because it does, look at Paragon. They killed Heroic LK in 10-man with the buff.

The MMO Report is pure WIN.. again.

Kia Ora!
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool
    No, in that particular sentence, the negatives do not "cancel out." Double negatives can be appropriate sometimes. The sentence could still be rephrased slightly to make it a little more clear. For example:

"If you don't like not being able to kill the end boss, then why didn't you quit in TBC?"
    Indeed. Sorry, english is not my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanno
    It's actually pretty easy to understand if you try to think. Or do i underestimate the stupidity of the mmo-champion community?
    You were actually wrong as the poster in my previous quote explains. So it is not my fault you don't understand a pretty simple sentence.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    According to me, ICC trash is interesting, all the traps make you think before running in and mashing your keys, not to forget some awesome mini bosses. Ulduar trash was good aswell.
    IF Blizzard can actually finally fix the traps spawning properly. They either don't appear until a trap MUCH further along has been defused/sprung, or they appear right on top of a rogue who is already going step-by-step-by-step through a corridor BECAUSE they spawn so slowly and bugged.

Also, to comparing the game to a sports event.
    I see it more like running a marathon or participating in the Dutch 4-day march event. Some people train to get to the finish first, other people train to get to the finish... period. The latter group will gladly stop at the refreshment stops, have a small break, accept HELP... And if that help means the casual walkers can get their full participation done in a shorter distance (buff), while the 'professional' ones can choose to go the full distance (no buff), so be it. And I'm pretty sure the professionals will accept the occasional sponsored bottle of water, too.

5% buff?
    yeeehhaaar! Moaaar!
    Means, we only need 1 days instead of 2 at the moment for clearing icc .

Springtime and chics incoming!
    30% more time for other things than raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I've read several players say that they like to reach their hit cap and then be done with it. But that doesn't really happen because every tier there is more and more hit on gear, forcing you to either swap out some of your excess hit or avoid the new stuff completely. The new model is more that all that extra hit on higher ilevel gear will have a use.
    Oh, Blizzard.

ilevel 245 T9 Elemental Shaman five piece set: 239 hit

ilevel 264 T10 Elemental Shaman five piece set: 164 hit

Sure am glad every tier there's more and more hit on gear. I had to toss a hit gem on for the first time since the day after I hit level 80 just to replace my Ulduar +hit trinket that I've been stuck with for a year.

This buff will greatly assist casual and unguilded people in experiencing the content particularly when it hits 30%. I support it in full force for normal mode however, coming from a hardcore guild myself I do not understand Blizzard's intentions for implementing it in hardmodes.

Yes you can disable the buff, however, that still leaves the intentions of Blizzard in question?

I am curious as to if they want more casual guilds to be able to do hard modes? I thought the reason for Hard Modes was for an extreme challenge that will keep many hardcore guilds busy?

This is all in relation to the buff at its full potential (30%).

Not complaining or whining here I just am expressing a little confusion in regards to HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabious
    This buff will greatly assist casual and unguilded people in experiencing the content particularly when it hits 30%. I support it in full force for normal mode however, coming from a hardcore guild myself I do not understand Blizzard's intentions for implementing it in hardmodes.

Yes you can disable the buff, however, that still leaves the intentions of Blizzard in question?

I am curious as to if they want more casual guilds to be able to do hard modes? I thought the reason for Hard Modes was for an extreme challenge that will keep many hardcore guilds busy?

This is all in relation to the buff at its full potential (30%).

Not complaining or whining here I just am expressing a little confusion in regards to HM.
    The jump in difficulty between normal and hard is so extreme that you go from trivial content to impossible content. Every guild managed to do TOC np, after a month we were making it through without one wipe and no more thn one or 2 deaths per fights. Then we got bored and tried HM, couldn't make it past gormakk. It was THAT much of a spike in difficulty. Putting it in hardmodes means good guilds who will eventually trvialize ICC25 normal (or 10 normal) can move up and ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE. Some of the mechanics of the HMs are rly cool, but so overwhelming that there's just no way those group of people in their ICC25 gear can handle it. This will allow them to atleast feel epic for a bit.

Just a thought

Heh, that ICC Zone buff is probably an example how to make raid (and even heroics) encounters in WoW 4.0 artificially unkillable for some time.

The better people are geared, the better "zone/encounter/raid buff" is. Or players need to do certain major plot questline (like Wrathgate in LK), to get bosses hp/damage down. (normal 5m, hc version and even raids).

Those are some pretty hefty buffs right there. Maybe I'll just wait a few months then come gear up my alts sitting in Naxx gear. After all, they'll be performing at an extra 30% premium.