Thread: Bear tanking

Bear tanking

So, I've come to the conclusion that blizzard just doesn't like bear tanks. Everything they say about tank includes Warriors, Paladins and Death knights. Yet the mention of bears is never there when talking about said tanks. Hell we don't even get out own set of gear. We have to share the same set with a DPS class, I'm thinking druid tanks wouldn't have to stack so much stamina if blizzard would give us our own gear set, with more stam on it.
    Any other bears out there feel gimped out of having our own sets? and having to fight against, rogues and feral druids for gear/ :-\
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aw&cn=Spalding
    is my armory,
    I do Ok with what the gear I have now, and I'm the "main" tank (as much as you can be in ICC) for my raid group.
    I want my own set of gear dammit, Everyone else gets their own

Re: Bear tanking

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree on this one. Druid tanks have been mentioned plenty in regards to the new changes coming in Catacylsm, just read through the front page of MMO and you'll see they are thinking about us.

As for the way things are currently set up, personally I love using melee leather to tank due to the lovely threat I can generate through the pure power of dps tanking. In the right gear set I can pull 3.5k dps on a single target while tanking (AoE is even more fun wheee) and that always makes me smile, considering I'm not actually brilliantly geared due to only having access to 10mans.

I play feral dps as my offspec and the ability to shift forms and tank something if things go pear shaped is invaluable sometimes.

We do have to fight against rogues and other feral dps druids but lets face it, cloth casters and healers have it faaar worse than us right now in comparision when it comes to gear competition. No class / spec has a non-tier gear set which is designed solely for them as Blizzard want specs and classes to share gear.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...25526422&sid=1

find the blue post and then stop complaining

i do not have any problem getting gear on my feral druid.
    there is enough gear, for one you can get T10 5/5, so that will eliminate allot of gear slots.
    rings, trinkets, neck and cloak, should be tank gear, so no fighting with other dps classes over that.
    boots, belt, wrist, only thing you gotta worry about.
    and weapon, if there is a hunter or feral dps druid.

belt, from vendor is great.
    boots ilvl 264 crafted, are awesome too.
    that leaves only wrist.....

i see no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by evilarcher18
    Hell we don't even get out own set of gear. We have to share the same set with a DPS class, I'm thinking druid tanks wouldn't have to stack so much stamina if blizzard would give us our own gear set, with more stam on it.

I want my own set of gear dammit, Everyone else gets their own
    Seriously, you are complaining about your HP as a druid tank. What are you hoping for, 70k HP raid buffed? Feral tanking is my offspec and I have 58k hp fully buffed and that is while using only one stam trinket (226 Heart of Iron). The warrior MT and pally OT in my guild barely have that kind of HP and we are downing hard modes in 25 ICC. The tier gear gives us tons of stam, agility, and armor pen (an excellent threat stat for T10 bears). I really don't see what we could want more of on our tier and keep us balanced vs. other tanks.

Druids are arguably the best tank in the game atm for progression raiding due to their very high effective health, excellent single target and aoe threat, and fairly high dps output (compared to other tanks). Ghostcrawler said as much in a blue post about two months ago but said they wouldn't nerf bear tanks because so few people play them now that they were afraid if they nerfed us no one would play them. If you are having problems tanking as a bear, you may wish to research the spec more at sites like Elitist Jerks and threads here at MMO Champ.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

OP: stop your QQ.

The one single complaint that I might have is after having gemmed stam I bitched at by Nubs when I try to dps but this should be fixed with mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Falnax
    but this should be fixed with mastery
    You don't even know how that works and yet you asume it WILL fix it.
    Besides blizz is known for their overhaul fuck-ips and for "fixing" what does not need to be fixed.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    You don't even know how that works and yet you asume it WILL fix it.
    Besides blizz is known for their overhaul fuck-ips and for "fixing" what does not need to be fixed.
    you don't even know how that works and yet you assume blizz will fuck it up.
    jesus, damnit.

To be honest, I LOVE BEAR TANKING and every healer IN MY GUILD loves when I tank. We're just plain awesome. And to be honest I don't mind using the same gear. As mentioned above the dps in bear is great, and you can always go kitty and dps without having to switch anything; what other class can say the same?

As for Blizz not loving us, I would say them plainly stating they want us to have more health then others is enough love for me. Pallys ARE always in the Blueposts but wouldn't you agree that lately it's just been for nerfing?

Plain and simple; Stop the QQ and get to raiding lol
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

I actually really LIKE the fact that we share gear. I recently went from kitty to bear and was really glad I only had to replace like 4 or 5 actual pieces of gear. Everything else just had to be re-gemmed and enchanted. And I can go back just as easily if I want to. And good luck actually getting Blizz to put in gear just for bear tanks, they already hate holy pally gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid
    I actually really LIKE the fact that we share gear. I recently went from kitty to bear and was really glad I only had to replace like 4 or 5 actual pieces of gear. Everything else just had to be re-gemmed and enchanted. And I can go back just as easily if I want to. And good luck actually getting Blizz to put in gear just for bear tanks, they already hate holy pally gear.
    I was actually kind of surprised, when LK was released, that at least one DK spec didn't turn out to benefit from caster plate. Seemed like a good chance to make holy Pally gear less... single purpose. As it is, when caster plate drops you either have very happy face Pally healers, or a very sad face raid.