Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Priest must still take dps and healing cloth in cataclysm unlike shaman/druid

I'm interested to see what they do to make Disc priests want to use spirit pieces.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Priest must still take dps and healing cloth in cataclysm unlike shaman/drui

I have 4 sets of gear on my paly

1. Ret dps
    2. Tank
    3. Healer
    4. Healer (PVP)

Don't complain!

Re: Priest must still take dps and healing cloth in cataclysm unlike shaman/druid

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby
    I'm interested to see what they do to make Disc priests want to use spirit pieces.
    It's not that hard really. MP5 is going away, replaced by spirit, spirit becomes the main source of mana regen.

You're not going to get far on replenishment alone.

Insert Quote
    I have 4 sets of gear on my paly

1. Ret dps
    2. Tank
    3. Healer
    4. Healer (PVP)

Don't complain!
    What about the poor warriors paladins DK's druids shamans that have been gathering multiple sets of gear for years?
    Can the people who think this about the number of sets you have to get keep out? It is NOT about the number of sets you have to get.

It's about the fact that two hybrid classes can do 2 of their roles with 1 SET OF GEAR.

They still have other specs they need gear for, but they can already be in two roles with 1 set of gear (minus trinkets).

What does a holy priest need to do to get his damage gear? He has to wait until Warlocks, Mages and Shadows get their gear.
    Which hybrid do you takes if you want an easy swap from damage to heal or vice versa? The one who can do both roles with 1 set of gear

Holy Paladins and Holy Priests both have to compete with multiple other classes to change their role to damage.

Retribution Paladins can get their best healing gear easily after holy paladins, since they're plate exclusive.
    If they don't get healing plate, they temporary can get mail/leather/cloth gear traded for some free mastery bonus.

Shadow Priests can get their gear after Disc and Holy Priests ( 1 spec more than paladins), and then they still have to compete with retribution paladins who could need healing gear.

Priests are at the bottom end of the "hybrid" role. They can't switch as easily between their roles as shamans and druids.

Kaesebrezen, hate to say it but a Death Knight has to get two sets to switch between roles. So does a Warrior. So does a druid that's not Balance/Resto, or a Shaman that uses Enhancement.

It's nothing new. Infact, Balance/Elemental will want it for Hit, but they'll probably still have seperate stat priorities from their Resto trees, which is the real difference. And gearing offspec priorities? Who the fuck cares? Really. It's offspec for a reason. If I want a peice of shadow gear as Holy now, I still need to wait for everyone else to get the peice in a raid anyways, get over it. Really. Get the fuck over it.

Priests are not the "bottom" hybrid role. You're just crying over a situation that exists now, it's only who you're competing with that's changed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I think a lot of puristy types need to try rolling the "real" hybrids a bit more.
    Here's a summary:
    1) You roll the class perhaps because you want to decide later which role you like most.
    2) You decide it's X.
    3) Forever, you deal with crap because it wasn't role Y or role Z.

That's the price you pay for the ability to switch, and it is not an insignificant price.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama
    Sort of... but you have to remember that there's always been MORE cloth items than any other item class in the game. With the changes to Druids/Shaman, it may become even more extreme, since they won't need to itemize for two caster specs.
    really? when in ulduar and naxx was there more cloth than plate gear? I summed it up once, ages ago now, and I think there was only one boss in ulduar that dropped three cloth and only two plate stuff (although I believe the same boss had melee weapons siutable for plate tanks and none for casters, can't remember though). in totc I stopped caring about gear and in icc I only care about nibelung (I get little angels helping my owl!) so I haven't really checked the looting there.
    to sum it up, ulduar = 3 plate drops (one for dps, tank and heal), 2 mail (phys vs spell), 2 leather (phys vs spell) and 2 cloth (spi vs hit I think, but sometimes it was crit + haste vs either spi or hit), 2-3 weapons (rogue vs warrior vs hunter vs plate tank most of the time, with the spelldagger from the last boss and a healing mace on razorscale vs mage + warlock sword from auriya)

10+ Year Old Account

considering good mastery bonuses for using apropriate type of armor i dont see any classes besides holy/disc priest that can use cloth healing gear. so whats the problem? it`s like plate healing gear that noone except holy paladins can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wogga
    considering good mastery bonuses for using apropriate type of armor i dont see any classes besides holy/disc priest that can use cloth healing gear. so whats the problem? it`s like plate healing gear that noone except holy paladins can use.
    No, you're just gonna miss a bit of extra stat if you down-armour. If you think that means that druids/shammies/pallies won't roll on spirit cloth in pugs & 5 mans then you're on acid. I sure as hell will on my pally, druid & shaman. At best the mastery thing will fix the issue with cloth being BiS for non-clothies, though given how badly blizz itemize I wouldn't be sure of even that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    It's about the fact that two hybrid classes can do 2 of their roles with 1 SET OF GEAR.
    Whoa. How about Holy and Disc sharing 1 SET OF GEAR!?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Dps shammy/druid should be able to utilize gears with spirit on it, since they are gonna soft-locked to mail/leather stuffs in Cata. If not, boss loot table will be even more bloated than it s now, and causes greater frustration with spirit mail/leather pieces. Holy pally's case is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Whoa. How about Holy and Disc sharing 1 SET OF GEAR!?
    Whoa. Go back and read my post. It's about the roles, not about specs.
    And if you don't know after reading again, i'm glad to tell you, both holy and disc are the healing role.

Kaesebrezen, hate to say it but a Death Knight has to get two sets to switch between roles. So does a Warrior. So does a druid that's not Balance/Resto, or a Shaman that uses Enhancement.
    You can't compare the tanking role with healing and damage. Compared to healing and dps roles, the number of tanks out there is very few.
    And so, after the Maintanks, you can easily get your tanking gear with those specs.

And you too, read my post again. It's about how easy you can switch between -roles-, not specs.
    And for Balance/Elementals it's damn easy. And then, for Enhancement and Feral it will be a lot easier to go from melee dps to ranged, if an encounter favors ranged over melee.

All of you are still in the burning crusade time, where it was about "specs". But we soon have cataclysm, and blizzard is going to continue with their roles.

Deleted

I don't like this personally, now i have to get 2 different sets, shadow gear is okay for disc healing atm.

Where is the "shafted" in that?
    I would hate to have 1 set of gear to be honest as it's boring!
    You'll always be in the same gear.. well.. hurray...

It's much nicer to upgrade your sets independently from each other imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    Whoa. Go back and read my post. It's about the roles, not about specs.
    And if you don't know after reading again, i'm glad to tell you, both holy and disc are the healing role.
    You can't compare the tanking role with healing and damage. Compared to healing and dps roles, the number of tanks out there is very few.
    And so, after the Maintanks, you can easily get your tanking gear with those specs.
    and yet you don't seem to see the big picture. it's only two of 3/4 probable specs/roles. saying that someone only needs one set to dps and heal in is most probably not true. first, there's the odd chance (being pretty huge) that you just don't want to have your dps spec be elemental or boomkin. and even if you do, I really don't think the specs favor the same stats for both specs. holy and disc doesn't favor the same stats atm, nor does oak and owl. my guess is that in cataclysm owls will have a thing for haste and crit (if they ever "fix" eclipse) while I see oaks favour mastery and haste to a point. (gcd cap, not extremely important if healing does change to a less rejuv-blanketing style of play with the added healthpools and suggested "manaproblems")

And then, for Enhancement and Feral it will be a lot easier to go from melee dps to ranged, if an encounter favors ranged over melee.
    huh? how will it be easy to switch between kittie and owl? one set of stats doesn't benefit the other except for crit and stamina. (if haste affects energyregen for ferals too, not just rogues that stat will also benefit both specs/roles)

I'm a druid and I have 4 sets of gear and I don't mind it at all. kitty, bear, resto, and balance. QQ moar. Some people just NEED something to complain about. lol 'shafted'...

Damn, priests needs 2 sets to complete all their specs?
    That really is higher than any other class.
    Especially Palas and Druids, they got it easy with only one set right?