Threat of Thassarian OH strike proc

Does anyone know if the OH strikes from using ToT with OB and regular hits proc Rime or KM?

Re: Threat of Thassarian OH strike proc

To my knowledge yes simply due to experience procing Rime significantly more often with DW compared to 2H.

It counts as 2 separate hits thus you have 2 * 15% chance to proc Rime.

Also a reported "bug" is when using ToT and ether the MH or OH is parried it does not use the respective rune.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account

speaking of thassarian why did him and koltira get new models for 3.3 when they havent even showed up?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Nektarious
    Does anyone know if the OH strikes from using ToT with OB and regular hits proc Rime or KM?
    Forgot to answer you second question. KM only comes from white attacks (auto swings).
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    It counts as 2 separate hits thus you have 2 * 15% chance to proc Rime.
    Do you mean that as a 30% chance to proc, or are you saying both weapons have an individual chance of 15% to proc?

Also, what type of a percentage increase has been seen with KM from DW specs? I haven't been able to find this information yet, or had the time to run the tests on it.

Forgot to answer you second question. KM only comes from white attacks (auto swings).
    Sorry, that was bad grammar on my part. I was refering to the OH strikes and the increase of Rime and KM procs individually. From both OB (for Rime) and white hits (for KM).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nektarious
    Sorry, that was bad grammar on my part. I was refering to the OH strikes and the increase of Rime and KM procs individually. From both OB (for Rime) and white hits (for KM).
    KM is PPM, so its chance to proc is the same with 2h and DW before haste is applied.
    As for OB, yes, each swing of your strikes has a chance to proc Rime as far as I am aware.

Just to add, you don't in fact have a 2*15%=30% chance to proc rime, since if it procs on the first one AND the second one, you lose out. It is, in fact a 27.75% chance to proc, if memory serves me correctly (30% - the chance that both proc = 15%*15% = 2.25%). I would be more definite with my maths, but I'm at work atm

Jeb

Quote Originally Posted by JebJoya
    Just to add, you don't in fact have a 2*15%=30% chance to proc rime, since if it procs on the first one AND the second one, you lose out. It is, in fact a 27.75% chance to proc, if memory serves me correctly (30% - the chance that both proc = 15%*15% = 2.25%). I would be more definite with my maths, but I'm at work atm

Jeb
    Yeah the exact may is not 2*15%=Rime Procs. But it is easier to state. Technically the word problem would say "You have 2 chance of 15% each to proc Rime"

Also on KM, PPM is based on weapon speed. Not sure how the dual wield effects the PPM system. However, I would assume its like haste, so you do end up getting more KM procs as DW then over 2h. You have to remember that it was changed in 3.0.8 because DW Frost/Unholy was way to OP when HB was not on a CD. You would pretty much have a KM up all the time and spam HB. Remember, this was at the start of the XPac. It has taken them 3 major patches to actually make DW competitive and viable again.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account

I would assume its like haste, so you do end up getting more KM procs as DW then over 2h.
    No. The proc chance is adjusted to fit your weapon speed, so that you get the same (or similar) amount of procs dual wielding or using a 2h. However, as I already mentioned, haste does increase the amount of swings you get without lowering the chance to proc, thus effectively increasing the PPM.

You get more killing machine procs when dual wielding but it has nothing to do with weapon speed or haste, it's because your offhand can proc it too.