Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: World First Glory of the Icecrown Raider (25), 3.3.3 Notes Update

LoL @ ppl saying that they can see 60 to 100, 100 to 200, on any screen, resolution, game or movie... lol... just thinking on ppl that say that "perceive" that but in fact is just noticing FPS spikes on their machines that can't handle a sustained 30, 60, 100, 200 fps non-stop and not the actual diference between a screen runing non-stop at one speed and another runing non-stop at a higher one side by side. Or even ppl that saw "60 fps", then their computer just got to 16fps, then 30fps in blink... since he's not blind, he'll notice that things got slower and will read "30 fps" and say "aha! I noticed 60 to 30!"... lol

So many incorrect stuff posted... my good...

At least one must be corrected, there is no "I guess" on this one... limiting your refresh rate is not limiting your hardware performance. Your cpu and graphic card is still performing at their max, but your monitor won't handle the extra frames and MAY show artifacts/tearing depending on the kind of game/moving image you're watching (and not because you can notice 60 to 100, 100 to 200 fps, but because the monitor is not showing the correct "next" frame and is skipping a frame between 2). That's also where VSYNC comes into play (wich ppl misunderstood as monitor refresh rate), so the computer itself only sends the expected frames to the monitor to try to avoid those problems. But also, they're not limiting their performance too, if the game demands the full performance of your hardware to keep the 60 fps (for a 60hz refresh rate), it will have it. There is no "enabling VSYNC kills your high-end expensive hardware".

Many don't understand what they are talking about, it doesn't matter whether your eye can differentiate between 60hz or 200hz, problem is, even if the game can go up to 1000hz, the monitor itself can only render at 60hz refresh rate, some 3D monitors 120hz, so you will still only see 60 or 120 anyways.

The framerate the blue is talking about is the game's internal framerate, or the rendering loop ran per second, although the rendering can only go up to 60 or 120, the logic processing can be more accurate to a smaller fraction of a second.

Quote Originally Posted by merb
    play counter strike at 30 fps and then switch to 100 and tell me if you notice a difference.
    Unless you paid a very significant fortune for a very high end monitor, you never see more than 60 FPS. the vast majority of LCD monitors run at 60hz. It doesn't matter what your monitoring software tells you your FPS is. Usually though, if the video card is able to do 100FPS on a specific model, it can also make sure that lots of screen artifacts, tearing and other Bad Things TM aren't happening. So you may feel like you're getting a smother picture.

Edit: I stand slightly corrected. Seems they've come down in price. They're now only slightly more expensive than comparable 60hz monitors. Still doubt very many people have them yet, they were quite expensive until recently, and you'd have to know you wanted to go out your way to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycuts
    wtf 60 sec bleed.....
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    yeah. very funny

First

PPl tend to give too much attention to FPS

FPS = Frame per Second.

Its a average vallue.

The real important stuff is the time to render frame in ms. If you have 100 FPS but one frame into that second took 0,4 sec to render, the game is not fluid. you see the difference. (like if you have a random disk access or something.)

But, if all your frame take less than 16.6 ms to render (60 fps) your game will look really fluid. Your average fps will be highter than 60 also (if its not fixed internally) (in normal contrast scenes)

Triple buffering and stuff like that can lead to a fluider game at lower frame rate. (but it limit your framerate to your refresh rate)

PPL prefer FPS because its growth with a more powerfull computer, so their epeen growth accordingly. But the more important stuff to see if a game is fluid is the maximum time to render a frame. not the FPS.

-----------------------

also YES! for the Mangle Debuff!!!!

ps: sorry for my bad english

yeah. very funny
    It is! you're the one that said it. lololololol mangle = bleed lolololololol
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

they are not world first there are server transfers to eredar 2 to 3 weeks ago that already had the full achivement 25 man and 10man

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen Hghar
    Stop. Stop NOW and look up the definition of Science.

Done it yet? Good.

Opinions count about as much as a rat's arse when it comes to reaching scientific conclusions. A little less, actually, because a rat's arse can be used to acquire data sets under the proper condition. If you truly, honestly give half a damn about human visual capabilities, why don't you read up on some actual studies that have undergone the scientific method and have been tested for rigor - or better yet, conduct the experiments yourself while maintaining an unprejudiced position. What you should never do is make meaningless postulations based upon internet hearsay and rumor mongering - that helps no one.

People like you are the type of people who wanted to burn Galileo at the stake. People like you are the type of people who un-questioningly stood by the Catholic Church during the reformation period. People like you have probably never conducted any research of your own into anything, content to blindly spout off the information other people give you regardless of it's accuracy. People like you, piss me off.

You remind me of an Economics/Ethics Class I took in college, during one of our postulation days. One of my classmates posed the "Human's only use X% of the brain" myth - which I opposed. Unfortunately, the teacher took her side of it, and the rest of the class soon followed. It took me a half an hour of showing them study after study proving that they were wrong; and it only took that long because of the mentality that you and so many others on this board right now are sharing, that majority opinion made scientific fact.

They figured, if so many of us believe it, it has to be true. Please, anyone here who is sharing this mentality concerning any matter of Scientific Theory - physical, biological or chemical - kindly get the hell off my interwebs, you pseudo-intellectual pollutants.

TL;DR -

Science. It works, bitches. Shut the @#$% up if you don't have rigor to back up your drivel.

((ANGRY NERD IS ANGRY. RAWR.))

Owned

i've readed the description of the ability on wowhead wrong.
    sorry, mister "i'm never failing at all".
    your ability to post so much sh!t in one comment gives you NO right to answer like that.

learn from Sollace how to answer, Hero Member.
    You should really just KNOW stuff like that

If Algalon is the final boss of the Vault, doesn't it weaken the impact of defeating him in Ulduar? We defeated him, he didn't fire off the death signal, but now's been demoted to hanging around in a fifth corner of a pud raid area?

Quote Originally Posted by Limelight
    If Algalon is the final boss of the Vault, doesn't it weaken the impact of defeating him in Ulduar? We defeated him, he didn't fire off the death signal, but now's been demoted to hanging around in a fifth corner of a pud raid area?
    Either:

A - MMO-Champion is right, and the WoW-EU site is just out of date and incorrect, or

B - RetCon

Would be nice for more people to face Algalon. It's a fun fight.

Grats Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Limelight
    He just likes Azeroth so much he's decided to hang out with the loser bosses of VoA

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2
    There is no "enabling VSYNC kills your high-end expensive hardware".
    That all depends on your definition of kills. VSYNC does have a negative impact on your input devices.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    It is! you're the one that said it. lololololol mangle = bleed lolololololol
    and you're the one of numerous kids with distorted and poor sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie
    It's not even that significant. In full 25 man raid buffs and a mix of half ICC10/25 gear, it's not more than a 40 dps increase. (Which you can attribute to RNG). If an arms warriors is present in the raid, that number drops even more (more than likely to single digit dps increases even at 25 man composition). I suppose it's just to switch our rotation up slightly - but ever so slightly. The glyph, however, might see some pvp usage now (but never raid usage).
    Its actually a large upgrade, as now you only need to mangle once per minute, which frees up each of those mangles in rotations for shreds, which in turn can help manage the rips more effectively, and give more chances for ferocious bites. I fail to see how its an upgrade with an arms warrior either, as you should never mangle with an arms warrior in the raid in the first place, pre patch.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

You are wrong on main mmo page . Celestial mount will drop in voa . If you just pay attention at the way to toravon you will understand

Rly hope u guys get the LK 25 hc world first :P

and you're the one of numerous kids with distorted and poor sense of humor
    Dissing others doesn't make your clarify your wrong statement about Mangle being a bleed. Resorting to flaming doesn't do it either.

gratz to them :P