Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Mangle change seems a bit much

Honestly the OP is my hero. All of you guys saying that this is a dps buff that is awesome. But it ruins the fun of being situationally aware as well as pulling off a hard rotation. All of the bad kittys out there that are incapable of doing this feat should honestly stop and reroll a retadin. The guy that was talking about the affliction lock rotation, you apparently havent raided an affliction lock decently at all. The OP was saying that this change takes the fun out of the class, which it does. If you get fun out of dps you are playing the wrong class. Since BC druids have had a hard as hell rotation, in BC they didnt even do that great, it was with wrath where they really shined and for a whole year through four sets of content good kittys have been able to do their dps, stay out of fire and not QQ about not having mangle or rake up all the time. As the OP said, I am really glad they dumbed it down, for all of you bad kittys. (Pun intended http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/badkitty.aspx)

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke411
    Honestly the OP is my hero. All of you guys saying that this is a dps buff that is awesome. But it ruins the fun of being situationally aware as well as pulling off a hard rotation. All of the bad kittys out there that are incapable of doing this feat should honestly stop and reroll a retadin. The guy that was talking about the affliction lock rotation, you apparently havent raided an affliction lock decently at all. The OP was saying that this change takes the fun out of the class, which it does. If you get fun out of dps you are playing the wrong class. Since BC druids have had a hard as hell rotation, in BC they didnt even do that great, it was with wrath where they really shined and for a whole year through four sets of content good kittys have been able to do their dps, stay out of fire and not QQ about not having mangle or rake up all the time. As the OP said, I am really glad they dumbed it down, for all of you bad kittys. (Pun intended http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/badkitty.aspx)
    I'm sorry, but no.

This is a very welcomed addition I never thought blizz would even look at. Concerning the rotation .. whats with all the QQ ? Seems people only play druid cause of a ' complex ' rotation .. when seriously .. there's nothing what so ever complex about a druid rotation. Just get some big fuck off dot timer and your good to go.

How does it take the fun out of the class anyway ? Oh because you have to press mangle 75% less in a fight now ? lol .... Oh yeah a gamebreakign change !.

You apparently aren't a very good kitty either, lolz at your attempt to flame me imo.
    Care to prove me otherwise then, that is before you throw generic insults at me ..

And additionally responding to my own response, exactly what other class has a more complex rotation than kittys? I mean this would be like if haunt lasted a minute now or say Devouring plague lasted a minute. It would make it a lot easier for the scrubs that play those classes. IMO most of the replys to this post were probably made up by cataclysm fan boys and girls who adore everything blizzard does every waking moment every minute of the day as long as they get loot in their mail boxes in the morning. Makes me sick how this game has devolved into a retards folly.

Excellent change.

Many guilds have a feral tank, but unfortunately mine hasn't had one during Wrath.. and Arms warriors being so bad compared to Fury...

Yeah, this is one kitty who is excited about this. The one "elitist" wannabe in this thread is hilarious. :
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

And additionally responding to my own response, exactly what other class has a more complex rotation than kittys? I mean this would be like if haunt lasted a minute now or say Devouring plague lasted a minute. It would make it a lot easier for the scrubs that play those classes. IMO most of the replys to this post were probably made up by cataclysm fan boys and girls who adore everything blizzard does every waking moment every minute of the day as long as they get loot in their mail boxes in the morning. Makes me sick how this game has devolved into a retards folly.
    I still don't see where all this anger is coming from. Clearly you want to be special and set aside from the rest .. but how is this making our rotation A LOT easier ? 1 button,, 1 BUTTON will now be pressed 75% less. That surely does not warrant such anger. Sure our rotation is the most complex in the game, but it is NOT rocket science. But with that in mind, I guess your opinion is: U DON'T PLAY DRUID ? LOL L2P NUB, WE HAVE ROTATION WHERE U NEED IQ OF 150 TO MAEK GOOD DPS !

I guess when raidwaide aura's get implemented you'll go on a killing spree at work or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Plankeh
    I'm sorry, but no.

This is a very welcomed addition I never thought blizz would even look at. Concerning the rotation .. whats with all the QQ ? Seems people only play druid cause of a ' complex ' rotation .. when seriously .. there's nothing what so ever complex about a druid rotation. Just get some big fuck off dot timer and your good to go.

How does it take the fun out of the class anyway ? Oh because you have to press mangle 75% less in a fight now ? lol .... Oh yeah a gamebreakign change !.
    Yes, I do only play a feral due to it being arguably the hardest rotation in game. I'm not claiming that it is hard, only by comparison. Do you even remember when Faerie Fire didn't last 5 minutes? Half of the people that play ferals now only rerolled cuz they have the potential to do insane dps. I'm a fan of ferals finally being able to put out big numbers, but I'm a bigger fan of Blizzard's idea of the big number being a result of a "complex" rotation. What's wrong with a class that you can actually see a viable difference in dps between a good and bad player?

Yes, I am probably an elitist, but I enjoy knowing I can top world charts with a spec relatively few people are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt
    Yes, I do only play a feral due to it being arguably the hardest rotation in game. I'm not claiming that it is hard, only by comparison. Do you even remember when Faerie Fire didn't last 5 minutes? Half of the people that play ferals now only rerolled cuz they have the potential to do insane dps. I'm a fan of ferals finally being able to put out big numbers, but I'm a bigger fan of Blizzard's idea of the big number being a result of a "complex" rotation. What's wrong with a class that you can actually see a viable difference in dps between a good and bad player?

Yes, I am probably an elitist, but I enjoy knowing I can top world charts with a spec relatively few people are good at.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love playing druid partly cause of the rotation too ( been playing it since late bc ) but the reasoning Mr.Kisuke411 gave as to why he was angered about the mangle change was blatently pathetic.

I've already raged about the aura thing, but it does not affect me that much compared to this. Feral kitty was the only thing keeping me attached to this game. Yeah our rotation is hard. It makes me feel good that I could out dps lawlcane mages on fights that you actually have to pay attention to things other than you dps meter and your key binds. I really don't think in the way you portrayed my thoughts to be, but honestly making the rotation easier for the scrubs is what they are doing now, have been doing since 2.4, and will be doing in cata. Little sick of this game being all about the people that don't know how to play it and less about the people that do, but I guess that is how blizzard makes their money mooching off of stupids that scream YAY when their class gets buffed.

I would not wonna be an arms warrior who ends up in Kisuke's raid ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Both changes are going to be awesome in PvP aswell. I mean, 10% more damage on Mangle will be HUGE in PvP seeing as we can't spam Shred most of the time.

I really hope this change is going to make it to live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt

That sums is up perfectly. I don't have a arms war or bear tank who keeps up mangle. I don't know how long it would take my brain not to press mangle. I LOVE my feral because i'm right behind rogues and the unholy dk. I'm sitting at the top 5 of the dmg meters. I like knowing I can up my dps if I focus more, or that it's slipping because I messed up one move 15 seconds ago. I don't welcome this change. My guild wiping constantly is bad enough, now you tell me I might fall asleep playing? lol

Like whenever I played my paladin in vanilla and BC I was sick of healing all the time and went yay for joy whenever paladins got buffed with wrath, but because of the way blizzard made the class and because it was a 1234 dps rotation every other stupid that got tired of the end game Arcfrost mage spec for max dps rolled a winnadin and pretty soon there were paladins up to your elbows. This may not be as drastic as that, but hey it's only the first step, make one thing easier more people will play the class, make the class easy everyone will want to reroll one for easy epeen growing meter links. I am not nearly as angry at the buff as I am to what blizzard is going to do with the class, this probably isnt the post in which I should be telling you about it, but I guess I will have to settle in saying watch, 3.5 Rip lasts 60 seconds SV lasts 2 mins and rake lasts 30 seconds. End of rage, and end of class >.> RIP Kitty dps.

Like whenever I played my paladin in vanilla and BC I was sick of healing all the time and went yay for joy whenever paladins got buffed with wrath, but because of the way blizzard made the class and because it was a 1234 dps rotation every other stupid that got tired of the end game Arcfrost mage spec for max dps rolled a winnadin and pretty soon there were paladins up to your elbows. This may not be as drastic as that, but hey it's only the first step, make one thing easier more people will play the class, make the class easy everyone will want to reroll one for easy epeen growing meter links. I am not nearly as angry at the buff as I am to what blizzard is going to do with the class, this probably isnt the post in which I should be telling you about it, but I guess I will have to settle in saying watch, 3.5 Rip lasts 60 seconds SV lasts 2 mins and rake lasts 30 seconds. End of rage, and end of class >.> RIP Kitty dps.
    This deserves a Picard facepalm.

............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I think there also must be a change to Glyph of Mangle, because 6s is nothing to 60s.. Hoping it would be a debuff damage change.. 30% to 35% would be very good i think

Also I think they should realize that current mechanic of FB consuming big amount of energy is too bad for PvE cat and would rework it too... I would be very happy if they make it like Eviscerate..
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

The rage of the spec turning into a complete cake walk is a bit much. Sure, there is one less timer to watch for right now, but you can easily try to squeeze out more FB's and that will make up for "dumbing down" of the spec.

Nothing is more annoying than having Rip, Mangle, and Rake about to fall off at the same time. Sure, you can plan ahead and see the timers de-sync as much as possible, but when it happens you need to make choices. This is especially true when other things come in play that you simply can't plan around, such as varying OoC procs, combo point generation, etc.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Hmm...as I remember the kitty rotation in 2.4 was just something like
    Mangle->Shred to 4-5cp->Rip->Repeat
    It's wotlk that brought us fun rotation and competitive dps.

This change is great; evens out feral damage between those with mangle-bots, and those without. Very good change.

I am intrigued by the new mangle glyph ... a nice threat enhancer for bears that works well with the improved mangle talent, as well as adding some flexibility to cats on fights where you can't shred.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm confused how all of a sudden this makes kitty dps easier, any decent guild should be running with an arms warrior or feral tank. So basically it's no change for you... ???

5 mans are a face roll anyways, so any dps increase in there doesn't hold any weight. I would say for 10 mans, this is a really nice buff though.

It also does free up arms warriors to go fury, which as I'm told is better dps. It's nice that we're not so reliant on others doing the bleed debuff to pull off our best dps too.

On a side note, I'd pref they'd make the tier 8, savage roar duration increase the buff... I miss being able to put in soo many FBs!

I love how all you god damn retards actually think any rotation in this game is challenging. Granted, feral druids require you to actually pay attention rather than spam like a moron, but that doesn't make it hard. If you want a challenge, go play the original Ninja Gaiden. Otherwise, shut the hell up, stop crying when your class gets buffed, and ENJOY the GAME. It is a game, after all. Not a "challenge center to prove your virtual worth."