How do they compare

Im really stuck on a priest or druid these days. i have a 64 priest and a 69 druid. I cant really choose which! I love the priests healing style, but the dps isnt that fun for me. as for druid, healing is ok but i like how its so versitile. Boomkin dps seems very RNG and idk if that will be a good thing, or a boring thing. As for kitty dps, im just plain scared. It seems like you have to be uber leet status to even know what your doing. What do you guys think? will boomkin get back up there?

Re: How do they compare

first things first... i wouldnt go off the MMO-community.... play what YOU wanna play..

that aside i would vote on druid for the sheer fact were awsome... boomkin will be getting revamped by cata (im playing the PTR and the new changes to boomkins [starfall] is awesome....

plus fuck preists :P (srsly ive not seen any priests on my server since ToC.... ???)

TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

yeah, everyone says that. but i wanna take an opinion from someone who has played the class and tells me what the like/dislike.
    Eeeek at the no priest haha. thats one reason i want a priest. uniqueness

Well, you need to choose if you want to heal or dps.

If the only reason you worried about druids is because how rng they are Blizz has addressed this and said they are changing them in Cata. They don't like how rng they are either.

Healing wise, I've played my druid through all content since BC and I find her very boring. But, the way we healed in endgame BC is WAY different than how we heal now. The same will go for Cata. I enjoy my priest a lot more, though my druid will always stay my main.

Spells won't really change much. Decide for yourself based off the class which you want, not where they are at dps or healing wise since it will be changing constantly.

Silly question, but what's stopping you having both?

do what you enjoy doing. dps kitty is fun after you get the hang of it. you will get it too. i always go back to my druid. all other classes seem slow. lol

Hi, I've played a Priest Vanilla through TBC, and now even up to ICC, but not as my main.

My Druid is currently my main. I've had experience in every spec of the druids and priest, so think I'll just offer some of my insight.

I love my priest, currently, she is specc'd discipline and then holy, Priests are difficult to master in my opinion, but so are druids. You can really instantly tell the difference between a good priest/druid and a bad priest/druid. The key factor in these 2 classes is learning and practice, coupled with research, then integrating that research into YOUR playstyle.

Anyone can tell you, "do this, this, and this, and you win." Take that advice for what it is, but if you cannot successfully adapt it to your style of play, it's worthless.

Priest : Discipline very powerful healing spec, fun, has some neat buffs for yourself and others as well.
    Holy Priest : kind of meh imo, nice raid heals with Circle of Healing, renew, etc. But I've always *felt* more powerful as discipline.

Druid : Boomkin : My least favorite spec, please don't hate, that's just my playstyle. Seems too much like spam this until this procs then spam this and keep up IS + MF.

Feral Tank : It's entertaining to hit high levels of stamina and tank as a bear, but when you master it and learn to macro maul into all your attacks, it *feels* like a 4 button tank.

Feral Kitty: My Favorite spec, most will say it's challenging, but that's why I love it. You do have to keep track of debuffs and buffs alike, be very assertive, ready to offer your raid utility (last stand tank, innervate, battle res) -- The class is extremely versatile. Practice, practice, practice. They don't call it John Fucking Madden for nothing. Once mastered, amazing in a raid environment imho. (I'm biased, can you tell)

Resto : My second favorite spec (although most the time I'm duel Feral/ Feral)
    Healing strongpoints, raid coverage, tank support, etc. Key factors : Tracking Rejuv, Lifeblooms, etc. Very mobile healer. I've found myself enjoying the actual raid encounters more as I love moving during fights, my eyes are on the screen more so than playing "Wack the Weasel Excel Edition" as is the case with my paladin healer.

You MUST go with what you feel you enjoy. Don't ever give up on anything that you enjoy playing. I was a feral kitty doing 2k dps in Naxx 25, now I'm doing 10k+ on festergut/saurfang type fights.

I'd invest the time leveling both, like you have been doing. Best advice you'll get in this game is to not roll a class because it's the new FOTM, level it because you ENJOY it.

the only reason i dont feel like leveling both is cause i already have 3 80s, this will be my 4th.

the advice so far is great. I think what keeps druid on my mind is the ability to do basically whatever you want. Im the type that has to keep switching when i get bored, so i think a druid will fill that need since all ill need to do is switch my spec.

Moonkin rng is not nearly as bad as it gets a rep for. If you have half decent crit, you'll not be waiting too long on eclipse procs if you rotate them correctly. Resto in my MS, but wheni go moonkin for standstill fights my dps is between 7200 and 7300 everytime, there's not much randomness to it, but it is kind of dull.

I think everyone can be "uber leet", as you called it, if they want. If you like kitty and are willing to put the effort in it, there's absolutely no reason you should suck. You being here indicates to me you're willing to put the effort in it by seeking more information, so don't be scared. In any event, kitty is way overrated. It's not any more difficult than other classes, but it is harder to master. Sucking has got nothing to do with the class, it has everything to do with the player. If you don't put the effort in your toon, you'll suck as much as a 2button mage as you will as a cat.

Moonkin is very RNG compared to other ranged dps classes, it makes playing an owl amazing and frustrating at the same time. I myself couldn't get very used to it, but I really loved fishing for Eclipse procs and nuking Starfires away. It couldn't compare to my other ranged classes, though. Also, Blizzard said they aren't happy with the RNG of owls, and that they have a plan in store for Cata, so don't let this scare you.

For healing - Druids are very preactive (you try to heal before the damage happens), while priests in comparison and depending on the spec, combine both reactive and preactive in the way they heal. Priests get two healing specs, both playing very differently. If you really adore healing and would like to get a lot of it in 1 class, Priests are probably the way to go. If you're also interested in dps and shadow priests don't really appeal to you, I'd say pick the druid.

I myself prefer druid healing over priest healing, simply because I love the hots.

Alternatively, you could just continue leveling both and eventually you'll find out yourself which class suits you best. Why the rush?

Deleted

I play both in healing and dps enviornment only in a PvE situation so if you're looking for PvP advice sorry but I can't give you any feedback as it was season3 the last time I pvp'd :P

Druid healing - vs - priest healing ;

I find druid healing to be very interesting , challenging and fun wether it's rolling hots on targets you know are going to take damage just before they do to see them pop back up straight away to even hotting tanks to give other healers less stressfull a time and even just jumping about in tree form while hotting is actually enjoyable There is not however a lot of choice gear wise , crit is basically useless so it's a case of getting all spellpower spirit and haste gear .. the main thing I like about being a druid is the fact that you can cover so much healing and have a large arsenal of spells to do so,

Priest healing is a lil more static for my liking , PoM can be fun but it's random flash and greater heal are rather boring and renew is kinda 'meh' nothing exicint about it for me I like disc more but then that's damage prevention rather then healing still priests seem to be slacking a bit healing now-a-days without spamming aoe healing... that's just from my experience. Gear choice seems to depend on wether you are going disc or holy same with gems so it can be a bit diverse there opposed to druid choices but I still find their healing overall a bit iffy.

Druid dps -vs- Priest dps

I play balance as feral is a lil more focused gearwise and gem wise and if you have to mangle makes keeping up the rotation a lil stressfull , balance is more laid back but can be frustrating when you don't get what you want like an eclipse or so :P However it's not stressful and how much fun is it throwing out orange balls as a turkey ? Balance druid is actually competitive , it's not going to be up there with the best arcane mage in ur 25man guild or the best rogue or pure ... but it will be nicely lumped in with the core DPS group as Qieth likes to call it :P You'll do average DPS like the rest of your raid and you'll have fun doing it.

Shadow is a bit more fun now-a-days since the recent buffs had you asked this question back in TOC I'd of told you to avoid shadow at all costs as it was horrible but now that haste is actually usefull for a shadow priest you can see pretty decent numbers and it's fun to roll around dots aroudn your CD timers Handy survival and mana regen perks too like dispersion and fiend make life a lot easier and you'll never worry about threat, I'd still prefer playing as balance just because cloth gear everyone wants whereas leather SP you're not looking at soo much competition :P

TL;DR I love healing on a druid way more then a priest cause druid healing feels alive and constant , priest healing seems static casting and boring , DPS wise they are both on the same level and do rougly the same DPS you wont be mega high with either (unless it's AoE then Spriest > all :P) DPS on both can be very enjoyable , hope it helped.

My main is a druid and i wouldn't change that, ever. I was a healer for about 10 months before WoTLK came out and i loved it. Leveled to 80 as a boomkin, dabbled in raiding as a boomkin, but couldn't put out any competative numbers (I'm talking early Nax 10 / 25 here) So i went back to resto. Quit just before Ulduar because of some RL stuff. Then server transferred and went tank mid ToC.

^^Couldn't do all of that as a priest :

On the flip side though, i once got a priest to level 30 something before BOA items. Found healing to be more rewarding. But its very boring leveling as a healer.

Plus, priests are few and far between. We only have 2 in our guild of over 60 for instance.