Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: To gem ArP or Agility? (Kitty DPS)

i get last stand in my build which saves me from hard boss fights, its a personal choice but point for point FA is terrible

ok so i miss my mangle, being a good player i hit mangle again and carry on my rotation. what's that another miss, except on shred? meh i'll just hit shred again.

the only time you ever button smash with kitty is during berserk, so you have plenty of time to make sure you have the right buffs up. use rawr or toskk's, i guarantee you that gemming for hit will lose you quite a bit of dps. you only gem for it with certain stats (soft capped arp, with not enough to go for hard cap, and past crit cap or hard capped arp and crit capped)

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    i get last stand in my build which saves me from hard boss fights, its a personal choice but point for point FA is terrible

ok so i miss my mangle, being a good player i hit mangle again and carry on my rotation. what's that another miss, except on shred? meh i'll just hit shred again.

the only time you ever button smash with kitty is during berserk, so you have plenty of time to make sure you have the right buffs up. use rawr or toskk's, i guarantee you that gemming for hit will lose you quite a bit of dps. you only gem for it with certain stats (soft capped arp, with not enough to go for hard cap, and past crit cap or hard capped arp and crit capped)
    my bad bro it seems i was misundersttod. i didnt mean to gem hit. i though i said before to get a peice of hit gear rather ....loz. still i think hit is important and it ur cds can drop easier if u arnt hit capped, so why chance it?

Quote Originally Posted by vincemasta8
    yes this man is right. def get hit first. u need at least like 230 as a feral.
    8% hit for horde
    7% for alliance if you have a draeni

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    crit cap is 77.8% on your character sheet if you are hit and expertise capped, blizzard hotfixed it and it's been tested by EJ and WoW druid forums theorycrafters.
    http://www.azzor.com/content/2009/11.../druid-cat-cap
    http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/200...at-in-cap.html

both of those say 76%. you show me a link that says 77.8. ferocious bite is 79.8% maybe you got confused?

Still trying to find the post about 85% arp is the point where you go arp gems instead of agility. this is assuming you stop using an arp proc trinket past that 85%.
    Signatures are overrated.

What's the crit cap?
    If you're going by your character sheet, the white crit cap on a raid boss is 77.8% - chance to miss - chance to be dodged.
    So if you have 6% hit and 4% dodge reduction, your white crit cap is 77.8% - 2% - 2.5% = 73.3% crit on your character sheet. See more in section 3.
    The Crit Cap and You
    Once you start collecting a lot of very good gear, especially Icecrown-quality gear, you will start to bump up against the crit cap. Due to the way the combat table works for white attacks, if your chance to glance, miss, be dodged, and crit all add up to 100%, you cannot increase your white crit rate any further.
    For ease of use by average players, all final crit cap numbers are as they would appear on your character sheet in a standard 25-man raid, and assume the presence of all raid buffs. This number will be higher than your actual crit rate on the boss, due to the level difference. You should check it in combat, with permanent effects (including your idol) active.
    To find your white crit cap, subtract your chance to miss (8% minus your hit chance) and your chance to be dodged (6.5% minus your expertise's dodge reduction) from 77.8%. For instance, with no hit or expertise rating at all, but specced for primal precision, it's 77.8% - 8% - 4% = 65.8%. If your crit chance was higher than that, your white attacks would not crit more, however your special attacks, which are calculated differently, would.
    Once you hit the crit cap, models suggest you should in fact stack hit and expertise to their respective caps. This moves your crit cap up, making crit more valuable again. Once you reach the hard crit cap of 77.8% (again, character sheet number), the hit cap, and the expertise cap, you should gem armor penetration to cap if you haven't already (soft cap if you have a trinket that grants ArP, hard cap otherwise), and then finally, most likely strength beyond that point.
    A recent hotfix to boss crit suppression removed a 4.8% chance to hit that couldn't be overcome. If you see in another guide either 76% or 71.2%, it's outdated.
    Since this guide's aim is for you to have to do as little math as possible, I give the number that you will get if you look on your character sheet while in combat. Assuming hit and expertise caps, you will become white crit capped when you have 77.8% crit on your character sheet.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...64788935&sid=1
    Demoneater know's what he's talking about and doesn't put something in his guide that could be wrong (unless it states not tested or something along those lines)
    unless i missed it EJ doesn't have a search button, so i'm not gonna search through pages of multiple threads but i think someone had a link to it on here somewhere

Hit/exp cap in your gearlevel will up your dps by more than getting arp up, generally since youll become more dependant on melee/yellow attacks than the dots, compared to now.
    After that, reach the arp-hardcap with hearty rhino included.
    For your spec: its fine imo, I have removed another point in feral aggression because I simply do not like using FB, its energy-wasting compared to other things you can do, and ive put the point in survi instincts for hardmodes in icc25, survival is kind of a must there, but in non-hardmdode icc 10 or 25 I dont even use ILotP and slap it all into feral aggression, even removed imp mangle since we have an arms warr.

tl;dr version:

hit+exp, then arp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydian
    tl;dr version:

hit+exp, then arp.
    Absolutely not

Quote Originally Posted by Lydian
    Hit/exp cap in your gearlevel will up your dps by more than getting arp up, generally since youll become more dependant on melee/yellow attacks than the dots, compared to now.
    After that, reach the arp-hardcap with hearty rhino included.
    For your spec: its fine imo, I have removed another point in feral aggression because I simply do not like using FB, its energy-wasting compared to other things you can do, and ive put the point in survi instincts for hardmodes in icc25, survival is kind of a must there, but in non-hardmdode icc 10 or 25 I dont even use ILotP and slap it all into feral aggression, even removed imp mangle since we have an arms warr.

tl;dr version:

hit+exp, then arp.
    I would said ARP then Hit/exp.