Possible weird bug with auto attack

Today during Festergut, I only did 8 auto attacks. The rest of my attacks went off just fine, but this one. Do I blame gremlins, or is it something I did?

Anyone else have any issues?

Re: Possible weird bug with auto attack

if you are a tank its probably because your rune strikes replaced them all. If you are dps i have no idea, maybe you have no hit and expertise?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Snowie
    if you are a tank its probably because your rune strikes replaced them all. If you are dps i have no idea, maybe you have no hit and expertise?
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty
    Today during Festergut, I only did 8 auto attacks. The rest of my attacks went off just fine, but this one. Do I blame gremlins, or is it something I did?

Anyone else have any issues?
    Who else are you going to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Pigtails
    Who else are you going to blame?
    I am blaming no one, just wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar. I was not a tank, and I am expertise and hit capped. I only swung 8 times with auto. I still did ~7k dps on the fight, while I usually do 9.

It might be some sort of gremlins. I don't know what your proportions look like, but I guess 22% of your damage coming from auto attacks isn't totally unrealistic (depending on your build). It might be an auto attack bug, it might be a recount bug, it might be a connection bug and you're leaking dps not just from auto attacks but from other lost attacks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

I've heard guildies complain of a similar issue with Kologarn where yellow attacks could hit, but the right arm was "out of range" of white attacks. Where you standing still the ENTIRE fight? Perhaps you were just a taaaaad beyond "max melee range" and your yellow attacks were fine but you were out of range for white attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1
    I've heard guildies complain of a similar issue with Kologarn where yellow attacks could hit, but the right arm was "out of range" of white attacks. Where you standing still the ENTIRE fight? Perhaps you were just a taaaaad beyond "max melee range" and your yellow attacks were fine but you were out of range for white attacks.
    This.

I'm pretty sure there is a teeny weeny 'deadzone' where your specials can hit but your whites can't, just hug ze boss in the future to be on the safe side :3
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

I've had similar behaviour as well on some other boss.

One thing that surprises me is, you kinda make it look like you checked your damage meter results after the fight and saw 8 auto hits there.
    If you're on a boss, and you don't see white hits coming off... aren't you then like, what's this?

What I did was just hit escape a few times to reset your target and autoattack, take a few steps back and forward and started hitting again. This solved it.
    Of course it's a little waste of some damage but it's better than just standing there being retarded.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

lies

While it was most likely the gremlins, as others have said you could be in a yellow/white attack dead zone. Sometimes you can be a millimeter too far backwards to auto attack, but still do your yellows. Other times it's based on your character's angle in relation to the boss; you could be standing in range but your person is at such a weird angle that only your yellow attacks go through. I'm leaning more towards the gremlins.