Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

36k hit points not enough for heroics?!

A friend and I ran ToC Heroic tonight and as soon as the healer and one of the DPS joined they laughed about my DK having 36k Hit points (unbuffed) and called me a noob and left. Am I missing something? Did Trial of the Champion get hard or something? Or are people just that big of dicks now? lol

10+ Year Old Account

Re: 36k hps not enough for heroics?!

Quote Originally Posted by jakeoff13
    People just that big of dicks now

Pople are just big Dicks. 36K is plenty for HC's (just be careful with teh ICC 5 mans tho :P)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just some assholes who think they are better then others.
    Heroic instances you can do with 23K hp unbuffed, that's how they were designed.
    People just got "used" to see overgeared people and forgot how it was back at the beginning of WoTLK.

Don't feel bad, there are a lot of jerks in the game

Edit: Keep in mind ofcourse for the ICC 5 mans, but if you are using the random dungeon finder tool, that shouldn't be a problem either.

Well it wont probably be enough when u have dpsers overgearing you alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobyjohn
    Pople are just big Dicks. 36K is plenty for HC's (just be careful with teh ICC 5 mans tho :P)
    Yeah because they are soo serious business. They are annoying if dps refuse to cc ranged..other than that 28k unbuffed where enough even for HHdR...well some large pulls in HPoS are tricky (HdR is more about controlling the pulls, the damage itself isn't that bad there). with 36k UNBUFFED, the healer already starts to fall to sleep again on trash pulls.
    36k unbuffed is enoug of ToC10/25.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Even the ICC 5 mans can be done with this much HP...
    Let him enjoy his queue.

10+ Year Old Account

I was in ToC HC with a tank that had 23k HP unbuffed, and we did fine. Don't now whats up with people that think everything lower then 40k isn't enough for anything.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

36k hp is enough for icc 10

im running with 30725 for some time now and havent had much problems tbh =)

I don't know, I tank FoS, PoS and HoR on heroic just fine with my 30.2K HP unbuffed alt. People always say I can't, but I just pull and shut them up.

They're just being jerks. It happens quite often because no one has to care about their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Well it wont probably be enough when u have dpsers overgearing you alot.
    HP isn't a measure for TPS. Many well geared tanks like to wear dps gear for heroics. They take more dmg (but still barely noticeable) but also do more dmg resulting in more TPS.

Even with a full tank set dds shouldn't be able to get aggro if they play smart.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah dude, 36kHP is more than enough, I have 33k on my DK, but I also have 25% Dodge and 23% Parry, which I'd consider quite enough when tanking HC's, its not all about health, if you've got good avoidance then you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    36k hp is enough for icc 10
    This.

yea, as most people have said, 35k+ is enough for ICC10 man, so plenty for heroics. just ignore the morons and go about your way.

10+ Year Old Account

36hps should be enough heal for heroics.

don't worry, tanks must have 50k ub to do heroics and healers 5700gs, dps with 2200~ doing 1k dps are just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeoff13
    A friend and I ran ToC Heroic tonight and as soon as the healer and one of the DPS joined they laughed about my DK having 36k Hit points (unbuffed) and called me a noob and left. Am I missing something? Did Trial of the Champion get hard or something? Or are people just that big of dicks now? lol
    I remember i started to tank TOC10 and TOC25 with 36 unbuffed.

This is enough for heroics and up to 25man toc.

Its just that people are very retarded. I will tell yu how ppl want to play the game.

When ulduar was released, people wanted Nax25man geared people to join, after few weeks later, you needed ulduar 25man to pugg ulduar 25man :

And when TOC was released, for 10 man people wanted ulduar 25man gear for it. And for toc25 after the first weeks, u needed to have toc10man gear.

But now, latest instance, even if u run toc25man, people want icc gear for it. instead of toc10/ heroics.

Why? Well people choose the latest gear lvl to run older instance, they call it for faster and smooth, and yes people think running toc25 in icecrown gear is double faster than running toc25man with toc10 or 25man gear. Which is not, if its faster its faster by max 10 min and time is not all .

Its focus, teamwork that makes the instance run better and faster. But people are not seein that way, they go by numbers, numbers is what they judge after.

Conclusion, i hope blizzard will inplent something against Gearscore. It started to help raid leaders a better view on how people progressed and geared etc, but later it become something used in wrong way, and when something is used in the wrong way, well time to abbandon it.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

I tank heroics in DPS gear with DPS spec. I have around 31k HP buffed and 20%ish avoidance. I always queue with my pocket healer though, and I'd say he is quite skilled.

I'm an unholy deathknight by the way, but a friend of mine who plays a druid also tanks heroics without problems even though his gear is slightly worse than mine. Haven't tanked a full run of the new ICC heroics though, and I don't think I could do it either.

Deleted

My druid tanks heroic 5-mans in full DPS gear; no tank gem or enchants at all. I have 41% dodge from all the AGI, but only about 33k health unbuffed.

Moral of the story? It works. People moaning about 40k+ for heroics are just dumbasses; and 40k health isn't even hard to get nowadays when everyone can gem 30 stamina in all of their gear that has a lot of health already. For a change, I know a guy who recently went down to "only" 42k health on his paladin from 55 unbuffed, because he re-gemmed and enchanted for DPS. Now he tanks and survives better than every mouth-breather rolling around screaming about their 43k hp tank being decent enough for 5-mans, and he ALSO does 4k DPS on single target.