Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Death Grip change (minimum 8yrds)

Death Knights are funny. You guys would cry and complain if they gave you an AoE spell with no cooldown that killed everything in a 20 yard radius.

Anyways, on topic: 8 Yards isn't that far and the taunt effect will more than likely still work even at ranges less than 8 yards. Also, what is the cooldown on Dark Command? Isn't it something like 8 seconds? I don't see any situation where you are going to need to taunt more than once over an 8 second period (Please feel free to make up some incredibly unlikely scenario where you would need to taunt more than once in 8 seconds, just to try to prove me wrong). Glyph it and be done with it, you wouldn't be the 1st class that had to use a boring glyph. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by drulz
    Death Knights are funny. You guys would cry and complain if they gave you an AoE spell with no cooldown that killed everything in a 20 yard radius.

Anyways, on topic: 8 Yards isn't that far and the taunt effect will more than likely still work even at ranges less than 8 yards. Also, what is the cooldown on Dark Command? Isn't it something like 8 seconds? I don't see any situation where you are going to need to taunt more than once over an 8 second period (Please feel free to make up some incredibly unlikely scenario where you would need to taunt more than once in 8 seconds, just to try to prove me wrong). Glyph it and be done with it, you wouldn't be the 1st class that had to use a boring glyph. Get over it.
    Valritha
    Lady Deathwhisper
    Lich King

Theres 3 right off. Sure, you won't have to do it often, but then taunts are there to be a backup. If the other tank dies, he might have 2+ mobs on him, which all need to be taunted pretty fast.

Just because fights aren't designed around taunting multiple mobs fast, doesn't mean there aren't times its needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden
    If the glyph was a minor i would agree. But at the moment many dk tanks already use glyph of disease to make tanking bearable. If you add this glyph to it, then you filled two out of three major glyphs with the most boring glyphs in game. Glyphs are supposed to be fun, not filling holes in a class.
    sure .....
    I can use better glyphs aswell , just for encounters where taunt is important i switch mine and guess what , we had to do that since the start of wotlk.
    I see tiotally no reason why a DK can't do the same especially since your taunt can allrerady clearly miss , both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by drulz

Here's a diagram. I belive many people will find it's very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Don't you just love when they make an obvious tanking nerf with the intent of nerfing pvp?
    Yeah, hopefully this won't go live.

Quote Originally Posted by scw55

Here's a diagram. I belive many people will find it's very true.

You forgot the "dead DPS" right behind and "Saurfang says thanks for 130k health" in that diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by yomyom
    It is not a bug, just how it works. You taunt in the middle of the bosses cast you "get" agro, but the boss will finish casting his spell at the original target before coming to you. Deathgrip gets around this by interrupting the spell, but any other spell interrupt will work fine there too.

You may not like that mechanic but I bet bliz would say working as intended if you complained about it.
    You either don't get the aggro or it goes away when the taunt duration does (Watching omen creates no change). And deathgrip doesn't interrupt bosses, they're immune to the pull.

In fact, there's the issue right there! If they're going to make it a reverse charge, they need to take off immunity from every mob in the game. No mobs are immune to charge, right?

and lower the cd .... i mean lower a lot

i just don't see that going on live

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/2342...s-minimum.html

IT'S NOT GOING LIVE

(read the front page of this site ffs )

Quote Originally Posted by scw55
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/2342...s-minimum.html

IT'S NOT GOING LIVE

(read the front page of this site ffs )
    It went up on the front page all of 5 minutes ago, ffs :P

damn ,they should just roll back to the time when boss are not tauntable
    i don't see all the tank switch fight funny by doing it with taunt , it may seems funny if 1 out of 20 boss fight work this way, but not 2 out of 5

how long u needed to catch up 110% threat of the tank if he stop all his attack? man it is not hard......just give a longer time window for tank switching and get rid of taunt pls

back on the topic , get more hit or GoDarkCommand , if the change actually hits live...... so ya they buff our HP with 2% a patch ago and u need to take more hit and have lowered STA now , or u gain IT threat increase but u lose one of your glyph because of the change , we still gain some with the overall change......

Deleted

Its a bug Mr silly DK's

Lol took the DK's a while to figure out it was a bug, just proves the stereotype :

Yup, uninteded bug, feel free to lock.

/waves a mod

15+ Year Old Account

/wave back