Poll: Who should've gotten the loot?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Who should've gotten the loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Diolol
    Thank you,Gnome Tank.

Still beyond me why people just vote that warr 2 w/o even explaining why they voted.I wanna know why.
    Because everyone said (Who voted warr 2) you should say the loot rules before the raid not after the main boss is down.
    Ps. It's people like you who only see what that drive me insane.

When I ML I say "PvPers roll" and thats it - I dont give pvp loot to someone who doesnt do arena. Also I check if they have an arena team or not.
    If they dont like it they can fuck off. Didnt have any problems yet.

It's a pug.

Any special restrictions about who wins should have been stated before asking people to roll.
    Otherwise it's favoratism.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy
    Because everyone said (Who voted warr 2) you should say the loot rules before the raid not after the main boss is down.
    Ps. It's people like you who only see what that drive me insane.
    I drive you insane? lol...

What drives me insane is moron dribblers who ruin the fun for the rest of the player base,just because they're always lucky on RNG.

ML was spineless simple as that I guess,dunno why I even made this topic.Probably because I wanted to find out what everyone would've done rather then trying to retort me by saying it's my fault the ML didn't post the rules prior to Toravon dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anias
    You "only" pvp yet you are in VoA. The other guy rolled higher he should get them.
    Yea? VoA is crazy easy, and free top end lootz. Why not run it for wrathful stuff?

Also, see this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...ve-equal-loot/

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.

you should just have bought the item from that guy...i am sure that he would have sold it for like 1k which isn't little when talking about a wrathful item

15+ Year Old Account

I drive you insane? lol...

What drives me insane is moron dribblers who ruin the fun for the rest of the player base,just because they're always lucky on RNG.

ML was spineless simple as that I guess,dunno why I even made this topic.Probably because I wanted to find out what everyone would've done rather then trying to retort me by saying it's my fault the ML didn't post the rules prior to Toravon dying.
    Err so you should get the loot no matter what? The drops and all the regular loot is all based on a Rng. As said before post the loot rules before the boss to make your day.

/rw I get all warrior lootz becouse i am L33t!

Quote Originally Posted by Boonzorsx
    you should just have bought the item from that guy...i am sure that he would have sold it for like 1k which isn't little when talking about a wrathful item
    Ummm.
    Still not giving up hope I try to buy them off of him and offering him 4k gold + a primordial saronite(sells for about 1.5k on my server).I get a reply which looks like this:"no wayz men I ned for pvp just start"
    Here in lies the problem, at least read the first post if you plan on "contributing". The RL stated a rule, all be it "late" he should still stand by his decision.

Once, I was in almost the same situation but the other way round:

A WL whispered me, he only needs the PvP Legs. I needed that item, too. So I told him I will also roll if it drops. He started to flame me because I don't need that item with only 1500 rating, but he needs it so desperatly to reach 1850 rating. He even tried to get me kicked but the raid leader did not yield to him.
    In the end, the PvP legs did not drop but the other WL was on the ignore list of a lot of people.

It's easy to say: I need that item the most. But try to put yourself in the place of the other guy sometimes.
    /rnd is simple and as fair as it gets.

Really: when You set up rules, You need to follow them till the end, not just change when the result is other than You expected. In pug roll wins and that's the EOT.

a primordial saronite(sells for about 1.5k on my server).I get a reply which looks like this:"no wayz men I ned for pvp just start"
    First off, WTF. 1.5k for saronite? thats about half of what it sells for on my server.

Secondly, PvP gear should go to PvPers.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Tell you what, Thats what you call leechers right there. I bet that dude aint never going to use it at all he just took it because he was loot hungry. I hate people like that and from what it sounded like he was just a young boy who wanted to be all big and bad and it sounds like its never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by henern
    Winner of the roll should get the item in a pug, unless other lootrules have been said in the start.
    The money they pay to play the game is the same as you, so you should be treated by the same rules.
    This^
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

If life was fair you should've gotten the legs, however you got to understand that if you bend the rules every time an item drops things just won't work out, and players who are trying to get gear won't ever get any because they are either
    a. Underperforming due to low gear levels
    b. Not given an item due to a low arena rating, again due to low gear/poor setup of players or whatever might be the reason

So unless anything at all has been agreed beforehand so that everyone knows the loot rules it will always be high roller who gets the item.

Sorry that you got bummed by someone like that, but rules are rules, and you can't just change them because you don't like them.

In pugs (even VoA) I do ms over os, if a PvPer tells me that PvP is their main spec then they get to roll on it before anyone else. Clearly this didn't happen, so he gets to roll the same priority as anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus
    One time a ret pally crit me so hard that my character exploded and killed all my alts

The reaction of the raid said enough, higher roll wins unless told otherwise before the rolls.
    Having a 200 rating didsn't mean he would never PvP, so as long as the loot could potentially be useful to him, he deserved it as much as you did.

Better luck next time.

Hearing "I will only give pvp gear to people with viable arena teams" just makes me laugh in a VOA raid. Last person to say it was a paladin with a 1k team rating.

As much as I hate to admit it, VOA crap is probably best handled open rolling. If you can't accept bad dice, run it with your guildies.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Whoever wins the rolls wins. Period.

On a side note, why get mad at a kid who maybe really does need them for pvp and might not be able to earn them through arena anytime soon when you have the availability and rating to get them on your own.

He should of got it.

Sorry, but if T10.5 legs dropped, and you didn't get them because you haven't killed LK yet, would that of been fair?

Hell no.

VoA is for gearing up, maybe he plans to PvP alot once he gets a few pieces of decent gear? Sure, if he never plans to PvP, he is an ass for rolling on it, but if he also wants to do PvP in the future, he is allowed to roll and has equal chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ
    Whoever wins the rolls wins. Period.
    Such a terrible statement. If I show up, do nothing all raid and roll the highest, I get the loot? It's such an extreme statement, as is yours. There needs to be accountability for players. Attendance does not equal loot, we all assume so but you need to face the facts that people are wanting more from their members. Yes VoA is easy, and could do it with ~20 people, but does that mean you want 5 players who afk throughout the instance and do nothing to contribute, but then have to compete with them for loot? Fact of the matter is, no matter how "faceroll" VoA is, it drops some pretty damn good loot, especially considering how little effort is involved. So at the end of the day I don't want said loot going to players that don't deserve it. Such as inappropriately geared/spec'd players, AFKers, Stand in fire-ers (oh yeah, that totally just happened). Now I agree that loot rules should be set prior to loot, so everyone understands. But if a RL says don't stand in fire, then you stand in fire and don't get loot, you can't say that he didn't clarify that if you did stand in fire then you wouldn't get loot, that's the reason he told you not to in the first place. I understand the need to tell your members that your expecting something from them (which is kind of funny, that you deem its unfair that you were not made aware that your "required" to contribute to the raid).
    But statements like "highest roll gets the loot, he was there, etc" are all asinine statements to make, Attendance is not justification for loot.

So set up the rules you want, and notify the raid. Or seek out a raid with rules that fit you.